Lebanon I44 Speedway Gearing-Up For Silver Anniversary Season

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lebanon,Mo.-It started 25 years ago as racefan and local businessman Bill Willard saw a need for local area racing as it was on a downward slide.
Bill had some land right off Historic Route 66 and Interstate 44,jumped on his dozer and began moving trees,brush and everythingelse to create the then state of the art I-44 Speedway.

Bill always took notes when visiting other racetracks and jotted down what he felt fans and drivers needed.

After a 3 week delay due to weather,the gates were opened to a beautiful 3/8th mile red clay oval track with comfortable benched seats,easy parking, a 5000 seating capacity and set the trend for shorttracks over all America to follow.

Opening night saw 3 classes of racecars-Open LateModels,Sportsman(Limited LateModels) and Streetstocks with over 80 cars total check into the pits and compete before a capacity crowd.

Opening night winners would find Rex McCroskey take his Chevelle home with the win in the Streetstock class.

Veteran racer Dave Williams of Springfield was the class of the Sportsman class grabbing the opening night win and in the LateModel division,Bobby Menzie battled Moe Miller hard for the win in the LateModel class pulling off the upset over a stellar field.

Fans were treated to leaning back in the spaced out benched backed bleachers and history was in the making as Sat night was found this the place to be as Randy Mooneyham promoted the track in its 1st season.

This season the High-banks of the I-44 Speedway will celebrate 25 years of local Racing with an action packed schedule.

The Speedway has announced 2 schedule changes as May 31st will be a regular points show.THe first draft of the scheduled listed the track being off that night.

The Speedway has also announced that the popular Show-Me Racin Series LateModels will be battling in action in a return apperance on Sat Night May 10th along with regular action for the support classes.

The season opener is scheduled for Sat Night March 29th as the popular USMTS Modified Series rolls into the High-banks of the I-44 Speedway as the Greatest Modified show on dirt takes to the clay along with FactoryStocks and B-Mods.A practice night is set for Sat night March 22nd as the season long points battle for the Central Bank I-44 Racing Series will start on April 5th with the regular show consisting of UMP LateModels,USRA A-Mods,FactoryStocks,B-Mods,Bombers, and Rookies.

Special apperances will feature the WOW 360 Sprints,the DLRA LateModels along with the MARS LateModels,The World Of Outlaw LateModels,USMTS Modifieds and Superstocks and 305 Winged Sprints on a limited schedule.

For more information on the I-44 Speedway visit the website at www.lebanonI44Speedway.net or contact Randy Mooneyham at 417-224-7074

Back