Lebanon Midway Ready For Season Opener On Friday

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
BY Ronnie Williams
Lebanon,Mo.-Following a very successful practice night on April 15th,The LebanonMidway Spedway will be ready to start the 2005 racing season on Friday Night April 29th with gates opening at 5,hotlaps at 7:20 and Racing to start at 8PM Sharp in Winged Sprints, Modifieds, SuperStocks, FactoryStocks, Bombers and Mini-Stocks.

Last Friday Nights open practice session saw over 67 race teams check-in to try out the new racing surface and drew high reviews from not only the racers,but also the fans as over 600 were estimated in attendance.

The off-season improvements included the pouring of walls in the corners,the widening and more banking added to the turns,more pit space and the addition of a new tech-shed.

The fans were treated to a wider opening when entering the grandstand area,a high-rise section of seating ,and an additional ladies restroon along with new additional VIP Booths and a couple of new vendor stands.Other new things at the Speedway will be a small amount of concessions being offered in the stands(Soda,Popcorn,etc) a new look to a nightly Friday night program with special giveaways.

"The drivers never really tried the high groove up by the wall,but it was only a practice night and they were shaking the bugs out of there cars and getting the set-ups right" said track owner Harold Armstrong."I was so happy with the turnout of cars,I really expected about 40 cars,but over 65 was exciting and the turnout in the stands,well it was wonderful. I believe we will have a lot to offer our fans this season with not only the Great Friday Night show,but also our Sat Specials with Enduros once a Month,2 O'Reilly Auto Parts MLRA Super Late Model Shows, the SMRS Midgets in June on both Friday and Sat Night, Motorcycle Racing In May, TractorPulls, special events for our regular Friday classes paying extra money and bonus points, Legends Cars a couple of times also and the new CrateMotor LateModel Series called Fastrak out of St Louis,I'm ready to go racing.Our Sat Specials will start at 7:30 and I can't believe the response I've recieved this winter and spring.Over 60 local business have bought advertising boards and ads in the programs, and there is room for more to go up.We have also scheduled a couple of bike races for the kids 10 and under along with a coin pick-up event on our Friday Night shows so that the entire family will have things to look forward to_Our May Enduro already has over 25 Entries and we haven't beagn our season yetas we will also have 2-3 other classes running that evening. For more information on the Upcoming season visit the website at www.lebanonmidwayspeedway.com or contact Harold at 417-532-6254 or email ronnie65536@earthlink.com

Back