Lebanon Midway Speedway Close To Opening Date

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lebanon,Mo.-A new dirttrack is getting close to opening date as the Midway Speedway has set an opening date of Friday night July 16 to open the gates for an exciting night of dirttrack racing.

The track located just about 5 miles east of Lebanon off HighWay 32 and then 1/2 mile on B Highway is close to getting everything ready with racing in the 305 Sprints,Modifieds,SuperStocks,FactoryStocks and Bombers to compete on the 3/8ths mile clay oval.Payoff for these classes is close to being final as rules will be like Lebanon I-44 in those classes.

Track Owner Harold Armstrong has built this track from ground floor.Armstrong a former area driver and managed the Asphalt track at I-44 in 2002.

"It has taken alot of hard work,but it's close to being complete,the stands are just about done,lights put up,and the dirt still has alittle work left on it,but I'm getting there.We will start our racing program at 8PM on Friday Nights with these classes using the rules of I-44 in almost all classes.Drivers will draw each night for heats and race for starting positions in the features with a pill draw to determine the line-ups for the features.There are alot of area cars in these classes,and I hope everyone comes out to not only race,but to watch.I think alot of people will be surprised in what I have out here.We plan on this being a family deal,and currently I'm looking at a lawnchair seating section.The track has just added a new scoreboard and put in some digitial scales in the middle of the infield to where it will show everyone in the pits and grandstands what the cars weigh.The track is semi-banked and 3/8ths on the outside.I have fuel pumps already installed,the parking lot is just about done with lights out there for people to be able to see when leaving.The cars will enter the track off turn 2 and exit off turn 1 so we can keep things moving right along and the pits are off the backstretch so that the crowd can view the action clearly.I have built 4 VIP Booths and already sponsors are asking about those with the concession stand a self serv type deal just behind the grandstands.Currently seating is about 1200 or more and there is some room to grow.The LawnChair section is usually popular for all.We will have a practice night or two before opening so that I can see how the track is going to do and what I have to do to prepare it for all.This is designed for a fun place for all and it will give the drivers 2 nights in the area to race at.Rolla is only about 45 minutes from here,Houston is about 45 minutes,Waynesville 30 minutes and Camdenton about 35 minutes with Springfield only being 45 minutes.If everything goes good early,we might even try a special event or two and maybe even have an Enduro Race.Myself and the crew will try to have things wrapped-up in a three hour event or less-our goal will be 10:30-11:00 on getting done,and I'm working on getting a WebSite started so everyone can see what's happening.We are planning on prices being around $8 for adults and 12 and under Free.Pit passes will be either 20 or 25.
For more information contact Harold Armstrong in the evenings at 417-532-6254 or go out by the Speedway off Highway B and visit as Harold is there almost everyday working on things.

Back