Likes and Dislikes (Fredericktown)

Fredericktown Raceway Likes and Dislikes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millsey

I realize Fredericktown is one of the southern tracks for a lot of the people on this forum's coverage area, but your input is greatly appreciated. Give me your likes and dislikes.

Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth. We've been racing at Fredericktown almost two years now so we have some experience there. The track itself is pretty darn good, usually pretty smooth and racey (except for opening night this year, but we'll give you a break on that one) and for a 1/5 mile, it's a fast little track. Usually 2 good racing grooves. The new speakers and lights in the pits are a great improvement, you can actually hear what's going on.

As for the program, Modifieds, dwarf cars, and sportsman are always a good show. The dwarf cars suprised the he** out of me. The Hobbie Stocks are usually pretty decent. But the Pure Streets leave a little to be desired. It's unfortunate you couldn't keep the Late Models on the program. I understand why you couldn't, but lets face it people want to see the "big boys".

To me a lot of the improvements that need to be made are just aesthetic. It's an old track and in places it shows it's age. Of course that's the stuff that costs money. I feel the officials do a pretty good job of controlling things especially when tempers flare (in two years I've yet to see a fight). The officials just need to make sure and be at the scales at the end of the features and need to work on getting broken cars on and off the track a little quicker, just to move the show along a little faster.

Like I said just my 2 cents. We enjoy racing there and we appreciate all the work everyone at the track has done and continues to do.

I like the track alot. I just wish they could get the late models back. The track was smooth, I just wish the bleachers were just as smooth.

well I've been there 4 years now all I will say is the track and program has improved by 100% yes there still is little things like bleachers bathroom running water but hey give it time and Money..... we had a little problem on the pill board but that was caused by new people so really no gripes just Kepp up the good work TERRY and CREW :)

For the modifieds, we all had a meeting and everyone that was there voted-no aluminum heads-iron heads only! So now they changed it so that the aluminum heads can come in with 50 lbs of lead and race. If those guys wanted to race down there so bad they should have come to the meeting and voted with us! Now every time they put up extra money, the UMP guys that don't support them on a regular basis come down and take the money and the guys that support them end up with nothing extra.

As a family of three spectators, we love it, we drive about 40 miles to get there, we like the atmosphere. Wish the car counts on the sportsman and pure street were better. The stands are a little rough but thats is part of the atmosphere. The snack bar is good and the people are friendly. j/m/o :D :D

CHUMBLY said:
For the modifieds, we all had a meeting and everyone that was there voted-no aluminum heads-iron heads only! So now they changed it so that the aluminum heads can come in with 50 lbs of lead and race. If those guys wanted to race down there so bad they should have come to the meeting and voted with us! Now every time they put up extra money, the UMP guys that don't support them on a regular basis come down and take the money and the guys that support them end up with nothing extra.

CHUMBLY,

COULD YOU TELL ME THE ADVANTAGE OF THE ALUMINUM HEADS EXCEPT FOR THE WEIGHT FACTOR. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THATS IS IT. IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE SPEED ADVANTAGE WISE? JUST CURIOUS IF I'VE BEEN INFORMED CORRECT.

MY ONLY PROBLEM WITH FREDERICKTOWN IS THE SAME WITH ALLIED. I WISH THE SPORTSMAN RULES WERE A LITTLE DIFFERENT. A BIGGER PAYOUT WAS ADVERTISED FOR A HIGHER CAR COUNT, AND IF THE RULES WERE TWEAKED(HEADS), IT POSSIBLY COULD BE ACHIEVED. I DON'T THINK IT WILL BE THE WAY THEY ARE NOW. ALLIED GETS AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THE ARE MORE ESTABLISHED AND HAVE THEIR LOYAL REGULARS. BUT, THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH CARS TO RUN A SEMI THE ONE NIGHT THEY HAVE RAN SO FAR. OPENNING NIGHT IS USUALLY A BIG TURN OUT.

MINIMIZE TECHING! NOT TEARING THE MOTOR DOWN...THAT S U C K S !

chevyII said:
As a family of three spectators, we love it, we drive about 40 miles to get there, we like the atmosphere. Wish the car counts on the sportsman and pure street were better. The stands are a little rough but thats is part of the atmosphere. The snack bar is good and the people are friendly. j/m/o :D :D
I use to race that class...... but with vortec heads being allowed(the norm for most purestock now) I just coulnd't afford building a set of vortec heads... the purestreet use to one of the best car count class but it has went down in the past few years maybe there will be a surge in it soon....

Smurf,

If The Purestreets Can Run Vortechs, What Is The Difference In Them And The Sportsman? The Car? J/c.

I have to agree with Pit Drifter on this one. We took our modified with our "IMCA"/steel headed motor to Mt. Vernon which is UMP and won! There were guys there that probably had almost twice as much motor. Aluminum/steel heads I think it is all ok. All drivers like to run for the bigger money...I thought that was the idea?

I've only been to Fredericktown once, I thought it was good, no complaints, no suggestions.

PITDRIFTER said:
Smurf,

If The Purestreets Can Run Vortechs, What Is The Difference In Them And The Sportsman? The Car? J/c.

yeah basically the car... on these purestreet (when I raced) you was allowed racing springs racing shocks (stock looking not the wb type) no weight jacks quicksteers allowed no racing tranny (had to have all foward/reverse gears) factory body and limited to 360 cu no porting polishing heads intake no aluminm intakes holley 500 max they was fun to race... we even had a ford or 2 racing with the ol chevy's but now these guys are looking for some good ford heads to compete with the vortechs and the weight was 2750 back then I belive ohh vacumm rules was 18 inches but I think it is 17 or 16 now... there more but you get the jist of it :D

Depending on which aluminum head you have, if you have a conventional port 23 degree head there is no advantage other than weight but if you have 18,12 or 14 degree head there is a huge advantage. Unfortunately not everyone runs a 23 degree head, and when you run the other heads and make big horsepower early in the night when the track is heavy it positions you very well for the feature.

I would like to see the sportsman rules changed to allow any steel head and all cars to have to weigh the same (3 link or 4 link) so that we could get the cars to pay the $500 to win.

Matt Eaton #53

There may be a couple of rules that will change with the Sportsmen... Make sure ask when you have your driver's meeting...

Also, we've recently added a new employee whose vast experience will be a tremendous help in the organization of the pits and officiating. So get ready for some changes!!!

Like I Said, Minimize Teching. Most Of The St.louis Tracks Have Rules In Place To Do That And Still Have Organization.

I Agree With Faithful Fan. Allied Cars Are The Only Outsiders That Can Come In. With The Vortechs That Most Of The 4-link Guys Are Running, The 3-link Should Just Be Considered Somewhat Of An Equalizer. Stock 4-link Doesn't Mean You're Behind The 8 Ball, They To Can Be Fast. Ask Brian Worley, He Seems To Like Them.j/m/o

Back