Likes and Dislikes

What do you like/dislike about I-55 Raceway

• It's so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millsey

Likes and Dislikes (I-55)

I'm just curious about your likes and dislikes about certain tracks in the area. I'll do these one at a time, but since I-55 seems to be the middle of our area I thought I would start with them. What do you like and dislike about I-55??

Well Millsey, I guess I'll be the first one to open my mouth on this one. I have attended I-55 for 16 years as a driver, pitman, and also a fan. I've seen many changes, most for the better of the facility. I guess I'm partial to Pevely but in my opinion they have the nicest facility in the area. The car counts are consistant every week with the competition even better. The show is run smoothy and effectively each week which is good for the drivers and fans, getting done at a decent hour. I know the payout in all of the classes isn't very good compared to other tracks but everyone knows this when they show up every week. I enjoy going to other tracks also, but I guess I-55 kind of spoils you. I do wish for the drivers sake that the payouts were more, then maybe the car counts would be even better! JMO! :D

I Am Always Curious To Those Who Comment About Payoffs And Purses! So Without Including The 4cyl Class Which Was Started As A Trophy Only Class I Would Like For You To Tell Me What You Think Is A Good Weekly Total Purse! Give Me Your Reasons Why You Think The Purses Are Bad At I-55! And Give Me Some Examples Of The Great Purses At Other Local Weekly Tracks! I Am Not Looking For Only What It Pays To Win Because That Does Not Constitute A Good Purse I Am More Interested In The Complete Picture!

Payout??? I-55 has the best overall payout for the latemodels, they also have great food, a better show that anywhere, and noramally have always had a good racing surface for normal weekly shows. It gets to dry and dusty once in a while, but not real often, and if they could fix that, it would be almost perfect. I-55 is clearly the best racetrack in this area,and I have tested the waters almost everywhere.

I Don' T Like The 4cyl. But If Your Going To Have Them It Can Help Out In The Long Run ,the Inside Wall Is Another Story,good Racing You Know What To Expect ,i;m Ready To Go Racing Any Body Gotta A Map To I55 Lmao

Maybe Would Could Get The Tracks To Post Their Payouts Right Here. Jimmyd Would You Have This Info? Lets Not Talk Lets Prove It :) .

I have been going to Pevely about 16-17 years now and I have always enjoyed the place:

The social life - I enjoy the racing family that has evolved over the years.
The facility - It seems that every year there is something that has been improved. I.E.- The bleachers going aluminum as to wood splinters: The asphalt applied around the fence of the stands and by the concessions - The new surface on the track - The fencing around the track to protect the fans better - The calls to my house when the races are cancelled - The fact that SOME of the best darn drivers around come to Pevely. ( There are many GREAT DRIVERS out there at other tracks that's a FACT ). The fact that when we leave for the night we have our check in hand and I CAN GUARANTEE it will not BOUNCE. The fact it's in my backyard and takes 15 minutes to get there - The fact that anytime I have called Ray to voice an opinion he call's me back ( S U C K E R ) LOL!!! Sue has always called back right away when I have called for racing information also. They are Damn Good People REALLY as well as the OTHER Track Owners and Promoters out there. And the fact they let me come back each week :D

Dislikes -
The bathroom facilities :( Nothing new. But when the place is in the third world it's hard to have the state of the art bathrooms :p I believe Ray would love to fix them to get me off his caboose ;) I believe you Ray when you say hang in there it will happen some day. :rolleyes: J/K :D
Not much I do not like - Sometimes The flagman gets carried away but face it Dennis is "Good" Just needs to go to class with Tony Stewart. :eek: ;)
Besides who would I pick on if he was not there :confused: LOL!!

Every track has GOOD points and BAD points. There are some really well ran facilities out there I-55 just happens to be one of them. They all have issues with officials and all. Sometimes when you call them and share your concerns your an appreciated customer for letting them know in a professional way what your disapointments are about. And sometimes the quick fix is not possible. I believe all tracks have a number give them a call and share they'd LOVE YOU for it.... ;)

Back