Shipjumper99
Rusty confirmed this on Wind Tunnel tonight

U.S. MotorSport Entertainment Complex
S. 24th Ave. E.
(Next to the Newton Airport)
Newton, Iowa 50208
Phone:
New! Opening in 2005.
The U.S. MotorSport Entertainment Complex, developed by the U.S. MotorSport Entertainment Corporation, will carry a minimum assessment of $30 million and will be located on a 226 acre piece of land lying south of S. 24th Ave. E., immediately east of and adjoining the Newton Airport. The 7/8 mile, asphalt paved, oval motor speedway will include a 16 degree banking at the steepest point. The complex will also be complete with 42,020 permanent seats with the option of adding 40,000 temporary seats, concession facilities, pit and garage areas, ticket and administration office buildings. Planned events include auto racing and entertainment such as exhibitions, car shows, trade shows, concerts and other entertainment activities.

One of the most popular race car drivers in America, Rusty Wallace, will help lead the team in the first-ever driver-designed speedway. The Rusty Wallace signature track will be the first of its kind. The complex will also be home to an interactive race museum and a racing-themed restaurant. The museum is being tabbed the Rusty Wallace Interactive Experience and will include race memorabilia for traditional race fans along with an abundance of interactive opportunities. Upon entering the museum visitors will wear an electronic headset to guide them through the museum.

The complex will be surrounded by bright colors and will often feature live music and numerous vendors outside the racing area. Other plans include a natural tunnel between turns three and four to provide access to the infield. Plans also include an abundance of landscaping, color and testures both inside and outside of the complex.
ARCA, USAC and ASA have all agreed to sanction races at the complex. The U.S. MotorSport Entertainment Corporation also plans to petition the IRL for open wheel racing and NASCAR for a Craftsmen Truck and Busch Series event.

Toby Hallett

I kinda like the idea of "signature" tracks. I mean, if golfers can design their own courses....racers should do the same. I think Schrader has already found his "signature" track, and it is Pevely!

I wonder why Wallace picked Iowa??

rusty

the reason why he did not pick the st louis area is because he has forgotten where he came from a long time a go. i can remember a long time a go they had rusty wallace night at tri city speedway he did not show, so they put up a card board cut out at the door when you came in . kenny schrader would drive back in a hurricane if he had a commitment in the st louis area.

Looking at the location, it would seem that Chicago, St Louis, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Lincoln Ne, Topeka Kansas, and Mineapolis/St Paul are all within say, 4-6 hours drive from Newton, as well as the fact that Iowa has a strong dirt track racing community to draw from, make this location attractive from a fan base point of view. I am not a Rusty fan at all, in fact, he is one of the guys I least like in NASCAR, but the catchment area and no doubt, the tax incentives for locating such a tourist attraction in the middle of Iowa make for a lucrative deal. St Louis unfortunately already has a pavement track, the biggest disappointment is that none of the major series seem to like it well enough to support it. Or maybe there just wasnt enough support from the racing fans in the area to keep them coming back.

the main atraction to this site is the airport- that is a requirement for nascar races these guys have to be able to move from tract back to home fast what airport can they use at madison?

not to mention in indy the airport is about as far as lambert is to gateway. so it has nothing to do with distance

Back