Looking for a 1 Race Mod Ride to win the DuQuion Mile

Groove Grabber

Blood Type: Motor Oil
Looking to team with a competitive mod team for a 1 shot deal to win the Prestegeous DuQuion Mile Modified Race. Looking for a competitive car and owner who wants to win. I will bring experience of over 20 mile starts with heat race wins, top 2 feature finishes and mechanical failures that have cost me the win :( as well as no torn up equipment!!! I can provide some monetary support but mainly a desire to win!! Please no sub par equipment as i am wanting to improve on my 2nd place finish last season. Please contact me if interested or to talk about details. I would not let you down!

Shane Cockrum 618 -927-4131

Hey I'd like to get back on the mile too. Not running the supers at springfield or the crates at DuQuoin really makes it hard on us guys that like it and have run it a bunch.

Shane Cockrum is a top notch driver and person. He would be a great driver for any ride out there at the mile!

Hope you get a ride shane!

I'd put you in the new GRT but, it's not finished yet. You'll have to come back down here and visit next year. Good luck at THE MILE!

Was you 2nd in the crate race? Just the way it read got a couple of people calling me. Good luck with a ride though, I know how tough it is to get a quality car and be able to keep it up front. Bad thing is several people are really focusing on this deal now and spending boo-koo bucks. Just to win 2k.

To answer your question, yes, i did finish 2nd at DuQuoin last year in the crate after winning the heat and starting 6th due to the invert. I have alot of experience and good runs in a mod there also. Very knowledgeable in mile setups.

I would just like the oppurtunity to give someone a memorable and successful experience on the mile just like I have each time I am there. It is a very special place to me. I understand it is tough but I would appreciate the oppurtunity very much.

Thank You

Shane while your at it find a two car team and will repeat last year, I will even switch positions with you. ;) Good luck finding a ride, anyone looking at this guy he can put your car up front on the mile.

Todd Hall

Shane i hope you find a ride. You were very inpressive on the mile last year. Question though if you do find a ride will "Chief Coleman" be your crew chief?

I think in racing thats an inherited risk every time you go onto the track, but it is something that should be discussed so that no issues become from the unfortunate. I will say that I have not put myself in those positions and still ran fast, so either i've got a keen eye or great luck :)

Thanks

Back