Looking for some racing this December?

bryanracing55

Indy Karting Classic Joins IMIS Calendar
Indy’s Conseco Fieldhouse To Be Site of New Karting Event
INDIANAPOLIS (Aug. 5, 2011) – Conseco Fieldhouse in downtown Indianapolis will be the site of the first Indy Karting Classic, a new event during the growing International Motorsports Industry Show (IMIS) week, on Sunday, Dec. 11, 2011.
Plans are well underway for the course layout and competition program. In addition to the racing, Conseco‟s halls will be filled with karting industry displays and representatives from karting tracks, karting manufacturers and other suppliers.
The format of the Stars race is really quite interesting, 6 drivers from NASCAR will compete against 6 drivers from INDYCAR on a part oval part road course layout. You can expect to see top drivers from both disciplines going at it for bragging rights to the Indy Karting Classic Driving Force Award. Here's some of the names already singed up to race: Scott Speed, John Andretti, Tony Stewart, AJ Allmendinger, Auston Dillon, Ryan Newman, Jay Howard, Tomas Schekter, Alex Tagliani, Gram Rahal
The third annual IMIS event is scheduled for Dec. 8-10, 2011 at the Indiana Convention Center. The Kart race will be held at the Conseco Fieldhouse on Dec. 11 2011 The hardcore racing tradeshow was founded in 2009 by Chris Paulsen, owner of C&R Racing, Tom Weisenbach, executive director of the Indiana Motorsports Association (IMA), Jeff Stoops, president of Stoops Freightliner, and two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart.
With its appeal to „hard core‟ racing enthusiasts, IMIS is the fastest growing motorsports tradeshow in the country. It attracts motorsports industry professionals from all over the United States to see, touch and talk about what‟s cutting edge in the world of racing.
“Karting in the Midwest is huge, and this event will showcase the talent of the Stars, Pro, Regional and Club Level racers,” said Dean Mack CEO of the Indy Karting Series. “You will be seeing Kid Karts (for five to eight-year-olds), Juniors, and Seniors competing throughout the day. There will also be karting manufacturers, suppliers, tracks owners, virtually a who‟s who in the karting world, in the lobby of Conseco to answer questions about the sport.”
“We are excited to be part of this event,” said Mark Dismore former INDYCAR Driver, owner of Comet Kart Sales, and New Castle Motorsports Park (NCMP). “Indy is racing, and this is where we want to showcase our products and services. My entire life has revolved around racing, my father started my journey, and I started my families. Exposing karting and the benefits to new families is important, and this event is tailored to that end”.
World Karting Association‟s General Manager Buddy Long is quick to point out the uniqueness of this event “any time karting can be part of a show of this magnitude, one where new and prospective karters can mingle with our industry while enjoying the entertainment factor, we are just thrilled.”
Former INDYCAR Driver Scott Goodyear, “Go-kart racing is the first step in any young drivers career. The majority of professional race drivers today started their career racing go-karts. The mid-west is fortunate to have an indoor karting event like this taking place here in Indianapolis. I'm excited that my son Michael will have a chance to compete indoors at Conseco Field House this December. We are looking forward to the event.”
Entry information will be available on-line and at participating vendors very soon.
Spectator tickets for the racing program will be $15 for general admission and $30 for an entire family of four and will be available from Ticket Master. More information can be found at www.indykartingclassic.com as it becomes available

Back