Louisville Thoughts (UMP Banquet)

CHEWIN_DIRT

one six MAFIA
Thanksgiving weekend was spent giving thanks to the UMP Modified drivers @ the national banquet in Louisville.

We arrived Thursday night....spent the night quietly playing board games (chess, monopoly, clue, etc....) Nice relaxing evening crammed in one room at the Hyatt! Billy "the Kid" Smith is one helluva CandyLand playa!

Friday we went to the trade show/auction and saw some interesting new chasis designs. The Impressive Kenny Wallace modified drew some nice interest and looked very sharp in person. Friday night everyone decided to try out some local establishments. Saw some interesting things and met up with alot of the STL area locals...We the night ended harmlessly (we thought) around 4am in the bar at our hotel. All of a sudden, someone noticed one of the crew was MIA...we decided to call and find out where he was. Well come to find out, he was in another state (still not sure how he got there) and the local authorities weren't too fond of him!! Luckily, we had shipped back to Kentucky in a cab and back into our custody.

With not much sleep it was back to the trade show/auction on Saturday. TGI Fridays has some strange waitresses....I believe Walsh fell in and out of love about 5 times within 20 minutes or so. Saturday night's banquet was very nice. It was great to see Earl and Bernice there....his pockets were quit a bit heavier with the recent deal. He told a damn funny story and is always the center of attention. Congrats to the top 5 in points..."Busch Series bound" Harrison, Leka, Kinder, Griffaw, and Mevert. I can't remember much of the other awards...I know Leka received "UMP Sportsman of the Year." Also, Angie Pierce Race Cars won "UMP Chasis Builder of the Year." Very well deserved....they produced some great pieces this year. On to the "local establishments" again...suprise guess of the night was Earl and his wife. It was great seeing Earl out with the young-ins giving away some party beads. He seemed to have a great time and even managed to get down a shot or two. He is definitely my hero!

Back