Lucas considering weekly sanction in 2016?

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lucas Oil Series recently sent out a survey to track promoters around the country on weekly sanctioning..

Things could get interesting...

I-55 will never leave the dirt car banner because the main money maker is WOO sprints every year so I don't think this will effect them Tri City on the other hand could be a possibility

I talked about Lucas Oil doing this with a friend a few months back. Would like to see some competition in the sanctioning ranks. If so many want sanctions competition wont hurt.

Just speculation... but Lucas is the sponsor of the Powri Series and their owner, Kenny Brown, is now the promoter for Belle-Clair... could his ties with Lucas Oil mean something for the late models' and modifieds' future at Belle-Clair if they were to become a sanctioning body for weekly racing? :D

Just speculation... but Lucas is the sponsor of the Powri Series and their owner, Kenny Brown, is now the promoter for Belle-Clair... could his ties with Lucas Oil mean something for the late models' and modifieds' future at Belle-Clair if they were to become a sanctioning body for weekly racing? :D
You are way over thinking things here...

Lucas just sent out a survey to tracks all across the country.. Has nothing to do with any one track at this point. Doesn't mean Kenny Brown wouldn't consider it if Lucas decides to create a weekly sanction in the future.

Be hard for one track to have a different set of rules and try to have a car count no saying it won't work but would be difficult

You are way over thinking things here...

Lucas just sent out a survey to tracks all across the country.. Has nothing to do with any one track at this point. Doesn't mean Kenny Brown wouldn't consider it if Lucas decides to create a weekly sanction in the future.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning that this come about because of Kenny Brown, just saying that his connection with Lucas could potentially mean more late model and modified racing at Belle-Clair since most rumors have seemed to surround mostly micro and midget racing.

If Lucas comes out then UMP goes away quick. There won't be a decision to be made. Lucas obviously sees all the racers and promoters unhappy with UMP and it probably looks like the right time to jump in the mix. Watch the dominoes fall if and when this happens.
you really have a ------ for UMP don't you

that has more to do with going head to head with tc than anything and midgets are ok but i got to hear roar of big motors lol

weren't we told a couple years ago that tri city on Friday nights would affect bellevegas the economy suxed the last coupe of years also, and how can you tell all those fans that were missing last year were mod and late fans

well they better have late models and modifieds or alot of locals wont go including me

And that is a shame. Belle Claire may be the perfect track for midgets. But back to the original topic, I agree it would be a game changer in many ways. The question I have is if this is aimed at the Late Models and Modifieds only, or if the support classes are targeted as well.

Back