M.a.r.s. Southwest Missouri One Night Stand This Saturday

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Ben Shelton
Batesville, Arkansas (August 11, 2004) – The O’Reilly Mid America Racing Series (M.A.R.S.) will roar back into action as they thunder through the Ozark Mountains with a one night stand in Missouri this Saturday night.

Heading into this weekend’s events Terry Phillips has taken over the point’s lead from Wendell Wallace. Wallace currently sits ten points out of first. Jeff Taylor has climbed into the third spot with defending series’ champion, Bill Frye, holding down the fourth spot, and Jeff Floyd in fifth. Joey Mack, Peyton Taylor, Leslie Essary, Brad Looney, and Raymond Merrill round out the top ten in series’ points.

This Saturday’s event will find the M.A.R.S. competitors rolling into Lebanon Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri in an event that will see the super late model pilots battling for a $3,000 top prize. Gates are scheduled to open at 5:00 pm at the Lebanon I-44 Speedway, with hotlaps set for 6:45 and racing at 7:30. The track is located 6 miles northeast of Lebanon on I-44 to exit 135 (Sleeper exit). Go north to outer drive, then west 1.1 miles on historic Route 66 (frontage road).

Adult tickets are $15.00 and junior tickets are $5.00. Tier parking is $20.00 for adults and $5.00 for juniors. Pit passes are $30.00.

Information about I-44 Speedway can be found at the Monett Speedway website at http://monettspeedway.tripod.com/

The O’Reilly Mid America Racing Series would not be possible without its fine sponsors. 2004 corporate sponsors of the series include O’Reilly Auto Parts, Alltel, Competition Cams, Turbo Blue, Schoenfeld, GRT Race Cars, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Kuntz & Co., Hatfield Racing Engines, and Hoosier Racing Tires. 2004 associate sponsors of the series include Brodix, Body Bilt Breaks, JFR Graphics, Scott’s Performance Products, Appleton, Pizza Hut, Rockhard, and Muddslinger .

For more information on the series visit the official website of the O’Reilly Mid America Racing Series at www.midamericaracingseries.com.

Back