M&M NASCAR Night of Stars lights up I-55 Raceway on August 3rd!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
From Michelle Petroff
Pevely, MO (July 26, 2005) M&M’S Chocolate Candies announced today it will return as the title sponsor for NASCAR NEXTEL Cup driver Ken Schrader’s charity event, “M&M’S Night of Stars.” After a year hiatus, the All-Star event is scheduled for Wednesday, August 3 at I-55 Raceway in Pevely, Missouri in benefit of the Victory Junction Gang Camp.

“We’re proud that our association at M&M’S has continued with Kenny Schrader through our participation in his ‘Night of Stars,’” said William Clements, Director of Sponsorships and Sports Marketing for Masterfoods USA. “Kenny hosts an amazing event where the focus is on fun, not only for the fans who come out to see a great dirt race but for the drivers as well. Again this year, Kenny has an outstanding lineup of racers joining him. We’re glad to be back supporting him as well as the Victory Junction Gang Camp.”

Joining Schrader for the event are several NASCAR Series competitors including fan-favorite Dale Earnhardt, Jr, who will serve as the flag man for the celebrity shootout. Kyle Petty, the co-founder of the Victory Junction Gang Camp will be on-hand along with NEXTEL Cup regulars Carl Edwards, Casey Mears and Dave Blaney. Additionally reigning Busch Series champion Martin Truex, Jr., will be in attendance joined by Kenny Wallace, reigning Craftsman Truck Series champion Bobby Hamilton, Sr., and Jimmy Spencer.

“After taking a year off, this marks the third time that we’ve hosted the “Night of Stars” event,” said Schrader. “My promise to the drivers that give their time to come out to Pevely is that we’ll have a great time. They keep coming back each year and so does M&M’S so it’s a lot of fun for everyone. We’ve had M&M’S on board with us all three years and they’re a great partner for the ‘Night of Stars.’”

All drivers are scheduled to participate in an autograph session at the track on Wednesday afternoon from 5 – 7 p.m. before the green flag falls at 7:30 p.m. on the celebrity filled 10 lap dirt Modified shootout. The shootout race is the opening act to the night’s feature races, winged Sprint cars and UMP Late Models. Schrader and Wallace will again suit up for the UMP Late Model event.

Reserved tickets for the ‘Night of Stars’ event on Aug. 3 are $30, and are on sale now. Fans can purchase the tickets by calling 636-479-3219. For more information on the ‘Night of Stars’ night, visit www.i55raceway.com

Back