Macon $6,000 to win on 6/18

i heard brian shirley will be there, but thats it. the rest is locals, i dont think they will have 25 cars there. there is a coc race at paducah and 2,000 at fairbury, plus all the regular tracks that are racing.

Dustin as of right now we will be heading to Macon. Brent Helmkamp in his #31 will be heading up there. Hey Dustin r u going with us up there??

Nic

Nope, can't go Nic. I started working midnights at work on Saturday. I won't be done doing that until the 22nd or 23rd. Kinda sux!!!

Kevin Weaver now has it listed on his website...

I am kind of suprised there are not a few more guys coming for this one. I realize it is a Saturday (which is a hard draw), but $6k is a pretty good payout. It seems that more guys shy away from Macon all the time.

Does anyone know if Matt or Dick Taylor will be there? I know Matt usually runs @ Pevely. Would be neat to see Dick come back for this one since it is an anniversary race and he is one of the legends of Macon.

The more important aspect of this race more than car count is to have fans in the stands. If races like this are successful, then maybe there would be more specials, they have had a number of specials this year, which has been nice.

yea rayburn 25 thats right. but i wont go. i dont care to watch them all on the bottom of the track.and the only way to pass is to move the guy out of the way or hit him. the last time i was there thats all it was and thats no fun,also if he charges 15 or more to get it wont help.i payed 15 the last time i was there and it was that 1,000 to win mod race i think and it was not a good night of racin(jmo)

I was there for the COC race this year & the track was rough, but there was enough track to go up high or anywhere. It was pretty exciting for me!!

aq2 said:
yea rayburn 25 thats right. but i wont go. i dont care to watch them all on the bottom of the track.

I'm thinking about heading up there, as I haven't been there in about 10 years. I've heard that the track conditions aren't as good as they used to be, but 60 laps on a track that small with the inherent traffic will pretty much force drivers to try other lines.

What are they running for support classes?

I believe it's a full show plus the 60 lapper, Modified, Sportsman, Street Stocks. It's tough to say if it will be late because it's a special, but regular shows are getting over around 10:15 to 10:30, and that's the entire show.

Macon 6/18

This Saturday Gates Will Open At 10:00 Am. To Start Things Off There Will Be A Car SHOW , With Over 100 Expected Cars, Evilhimselvis Will Be Performing From Noon To Three. Breakfast And Lunch Will Be Served. Racing Starts With Hot Laps At 6:30 , Qualifying At 7:00. Late Models, Modifieds , Streetstocks , Hornets And Vintage Race Cars Will Be Competing. Every 60th General Admission Cust. Gets In Free!!

Hello,

Dick Taylor is planning on racing at Macon Saturday....Unless something happens to car Friday night at Bell-Clair speedway..

Jeremy
Thanks
Take Care
Bye

Back