Roger Boarman

Hornet:
hornet729.jpg

Joe Reed
Bruce Dulgar
Mike Steven
Stephanie Eskew
Kurt Summer

Jayme Zidar has really matured this season. He's become much more patient and easier on equipment. He's also WINNING alot more! Terry Babb has steadily improved too. Its only a matter of time until he picks up a feature win.
It was good to see Jason Cleaver have another strong run, and Mike Shulte back up his Belle Clair victory with a strong 5th place finish at Macon.
Kyle Logue had another great night in both divisions. Is there a smoother driver out there? Todd Kirkland continues to run well. Too bad Dennis Vandermeersch dropped out. He might have had something for Kyle on the high side.
When Tomlin and Jeff Graham dropped out of the feature with mechanical problems I thought the race might be boring. WRONG!!!! Dave Smith pulled out a high side last lap pass on last week's winner Norm Wood. The announcer said the margin of victory was a coat of paint....I don't think he was exaggerating. GREAT RACE!!!!!
Bub Russell found his way back to victory lane over Blake Shelly. Steve Ewing came home third and Tom Reich had a very impressive 4th place finish.
Joe Reed did it the hard way coming from the semi to win the hornet feature.

Congrats to all the winners!
Macon is taking off next week because of the Decatur Celebration. Racing resumes on August 12.

lol. your right. we had a great amount of cars to have a fun night at MIGHTY MACON SPEEDWAY. I don't recall there ever having to be a max. amount of cars to have a race. Anyway it is always tons of fun at,
:) :) THE MIGHT MACON SPEEDWAY.:) :)

That what I heard!

200 cars,12 fans in the stands, and 6 wide passing! I can know see how you can get numbers mixed up pops!

We brought our mod to the track for the first time Saturday night. We really had a good time and i really like that little track. I just wish they paid a little better and was closer to home. I know a lot have people on here have been bashing the track. The car count wasnt really high but i had no complaints about the track conditions; it seemed very racey to me. We had a descent night considering the luck we have been having lately.Hope to be able to make the trip back to the track in the future. Also i have to say it is very respectable win people from the track come to your trailer and thank you for coming. What other track does this? None ive been to.

Does Zidar always run over the infield tires to pass somebody? Where do they draw the line? If there were concrete barriers there I don't think he would've passed Babb. Congrats to Babb for holding his line!

jr smooth i dont know who you are personally but please stop with your smart ***** comments it is nice to know the results from differnt tracks but it is really getting old seeing your brainless comments every week it is obvious that you dont like macon fine we all know that. NOW GROW UP AND MOVE ON

As I have said before the RESULTS are GREAT, its the

inflated car counts, amount of fans in the stands, and multi-grooved track that get to be B.S. after a while! If you had never been there and seen someone list results and talking about great car counts, tons of fans etc,etc and thought man we should go there. But then you get there and its one groove, except of course for Zidar who cuts to the inside of the tires, which have obviously made it TWO grooves, 200 people and 60 cars, would you be happy with that results report you seen! Maybe your sponsors mean nothing to you and putting their name in front of 200 people instead of 1000-2000 is OK, but if they do mean something, you would never know if someone is listing the numbers inaccurately, would you? The thing you would have never known about if I hadnt posted is they say they are experiencing these great car counts, fan attendance that is better than last year, yet they cut the pay in ALL classes! You are wrong about another thing, I love Macon, and will be happy when the old promoter takes over!

i hate that you get on here and bash the track. Maybe that is one of the reasons that they dont get the fan support and the car count is because you get on here and say how bad the track is. The track was far from one lane. there was a top middle and bottome groove. Kyle logue ran on the bottom to win the feature. the 25 car was puttin on a show on the high side until he brokes and steve ellison finish 3rd running in the middle groove so the track was in great shape.

Ok, your right!

Where did the 25 start, how many cars did he pass? Where did Ellison start? Did he not have to move someone out of the bottom lane to pass them or did he pass anyone? The only passing is when someone gets under someone and moves them or takes their line! That is not multi-groove! Look at the part of the story that says Dave "peewee" Smith went to the highside and won on the last lap, would he been able to run 15 laps up there or would the track have destroyed his tires? One lap does not constitute multi-groove! Does it? If it does what do you call it when a guy starts 8th and runs the highside for 20 laps and passes the leader who was on the bottom on the last lap, like Matt Bachman did at Fairbury on Saturday in the mods? Or Eric Smith, when he started 7th and ran the highside to get second on the winners bumper who was running the bottom? But hey your right! Multi-grooved? and fans should go there!

Try this, have Zydar start last(10th) and still win or run 2nd and not cut inside the tires ot bump anyone off the bottom, now that would show multi grooved!

I know I have had enough of this BOZO BASHER..... I do recall requesting the results from Macon and other tracks a few weeks back. But the bashing every week they post is B.S. .... Get alife .. Maybe go back to 4M. And keep your ignorant rants about Macon to yourself. You just keep sayin the same old bs just a different post. Besides you are not even going there so knock off the hear say crap. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Your perception is a little like assuming... We know what that means LOL..

I admit we've only been to Macon a few times (once this year and twice last year), however, last year I don't remember anybody ever running over the infield tires to pass another car. I'm not trying to bash anybody, but I do believe Zidar should have been called on that. It was unfair to Babb who ran clean all night. Whatever, it's just another night of racing and there's always going to be someone who is unhappy about it. Macon is a fun track and I hope the car count increases. Congrats to Shannon Babb last night at Granite City! Oh and just out of curiosity, could somebody tell me where the official restart after a yellow is at Macon?

i have seen alot of drivers left front well over the inside tires at macon.. yes even to pass.. i have seen logue, ross everyone do it.. you have to do it when its a one lane on the bottom especially when your faster and there isnt nothing up top..

dirtgirl said:
I know I have had enough of this BOZO BASHER..... I do recall requesting the results from Macon and other tracks a few weeks back. But the bashing every week they post is B.S. .... Get alife .. Maybe go back to 4M. And keep your ignorant rants about Macon to yourself. You just keep sayin the same old bs just a different post. Besides you are not even going there so knock off the hear say crap. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Your perception is a little like assuming... We know what that means LOL..
Sorry to tell you he can't go back to 4M been kick off there(more than once)

i was wondering the same thing about the restarts. they had a cone on the backstretch going into turn three but the cars started coming out of turn 2. We didnt know about the restart on the backstretch being as it was our first time at the track and i think it might have cost us a 2nd place finish but now we know next time we go back.

you take off before the cone or at the cone, but you cant pass any cars until you go passed the cone. LOL sounds weird because i said cone so much but thats how they do it.

Hey Greg (dirtbut2)

You only know a lil about 4m! I am kicked off on one ISP that I use, otherwise I am still on there everyday! Just cooling it for a while to build up my # of posts, so when I get to laugh about the big reposession, everyone will see I was still on there the whole time! When it happens, do you think Bob will keep you on, or will he send you packin?

Back