Madison County Food Pantry Drive Kick-off (yes, this is the chicken suit thing!)

racewidow

I'm just drawn that way..
This Friday kicks off the 2nd Annual Madison County Food Pantry Drive

I spoke with Floyd Faulkner yesterday and he is excited about the Food Pantry Drive again this year. He told me that the number of families they help has almost doubled from it's 600 from last year. That means a lot more food is needed to help these families until they can get back on their feet.

Last year we raised 383 pounds of food and a very generous amount of cash for the food pantry. I have agreed that if we top that with 500 pounds of food, I will wear a chicken suit one night while running the tower. Apparently, I will also be run around the track in a kart as well. Those of you who want to help see me humiliated (lol), please bring in your donations. Also last year, we had drivers and car owners issuing challenges to meet or beat their donations. There were also cars brought onto the front straight-away with thier cases of donations on the cars. Such generosity - I'm so proud to call these people my friends.

I cannot begin to thank you all for your support last year, I believe we made a difference! I also believe we can make a bigger difference this year. I'm throwing in the first case of food and I challenge anyone who reads this to meet or beat it.

Dontations will be taken at the front gate every Friday in June. Please be sure it is a non-perishible food item. Donations will be picked up either Friday evenings or Saturday morning by a member of the food pantry staff.

Thank you and again, I'm proud of our supporters!!

Tracy

Back