"Magic meeting!!! Here it is, NO there it is!!!"

36mmracer

Boyer Racing 52
Sunday after church I didn't go eat with the family because I had a R.A.M.S. meeting to attend at 3 P.M. Well at least that's what I thought! About 1 P.M. I got on the forum to confirm that the start time was at 3 P.M. And to my surprise the URGENT MEETING was held on Saturday with less than 48HRS. notice! The last time I had a chance to use to internet was Thursday during lunch at work.
The big thing that frustrated me was some members were called about the change by the RAMS President and others (me) were not. I attended the last meeting and most of the others, so it's not like I'm not an active member (maybe too active verbally).
What was so URGENT that the membership couldn't have more notice that a meeting was needed? I had some questions I wished to ask at the meeting, but since I was unable or uninvited to attend I will ask them on here!!!!
1) What is our current balance in our account?
2) Have we recieved all of the sponsor money or will it be like last year?
3) How much do we the RAMS owe Bob on the raffle truck?
4) How much money will be in the awards fund after the truck is paid for?

As far as someone wanting to have a double points night after we have agreed on what points would be awarded at each event, BULL!!! There is already one series that changes rules as they please and it's known as NASCAR !! The RAMS was started to give the driver's a voice, not just the few in the click or that get a Phone call.
There I go being VERBALLY ACTIVE again, Marty Boyer #52 RAMS :cool:

It was intentional Marty to confuse you and only you. I personally went out of my way to create a situation. You know what, I'm not the only one with a telephone. I asked the other members to help in trying to make sure everyone knew about the meeting. Yes we did have an important meeting and I'm sorry you weren't there but it sure as hell wasn't because I didn't want you there. I'm sorry I can't write any more, the "click" and I are going swimming.

36mmracer said:
Sunday after church I didn't go eat with the family because I had a R.A.M.S. meeting to attend at 3 P.M. Well at least that's what I thought! About 1 P.M. I got on the forum to confirm that the start time was at 3 P.M. And to my surprise the URGENT MEETING was held on Saturday with less than 48HRS. notice! The last time I had a chance to use to internet was Thursday during lunch at work.
The big thing that frustrated me was some members were called about the change by the RAMS President and others (me) were not. I attended the last meeting and most of the others, so it's not like I'm not an active member (maybe too active verbally).
What was so URGENT that the membership couldn't have more notice that a meeting was needed? I had some questions I wished to ask at the meeting, but since I was unable or uninvited to attend I will ask them on here!!!!

As far as someone wanting to have a double points night after we have agreed on what points would be awarded at each event, BULL!!! There is already one series that changes rules as they please and it's known as NASCAR !! The RAMS was started to give the driver's a voice, not just the few in the click or that get a Phone call.

Hey Marty, happy tuesday...Since you still didn't get an answer, I'll tell you what I know..
1) nobody really knows since we haven't had a treasurers report since Feb.
2)All but 2, one guaranteed, one isn't looking good
3) Nothing, i was re-imbursed in full
4)depends on how many raffle tickets are sold between now & the 14th..
I know personally that you, Becca, & your sister Marcie have done your
share of buying, but we could still use your help in selling some.
If I can help to answer anymore questions, call me @ (314) 223-1216

36mmracer said:

Dude, what kind of church do you go to. My church has all services over
by 11:30 A.M. at the latest, giving me plenty of time to have brunch with
the family, a quickie with the neighbor lady, and still make a meeting by 3.
I attend the races every friday night and I can't remember a car #52 in
the rams class. In what capacity are you an active member?
Sorry, I just checked the rams points and see that there is a #52 in 10th
place, so you musta raced a couple of times, just can't remember a car
with that number. Are you a part time racer, maybe thats why you never
got a phone call.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

WoW Marty ask a few questions and get your head bit off................ :eek: I've got some duck tape if you need to stick it back on.................... LOL :D :D :D

Ha!!! Ha!!! Ha!!!!!

Hey Howard, well then apparently you haven't been around the RAMS very long............. Martys been a member for 3 YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :p

Junebugs #1 Fan said:
Hey Howard, well then apparently you haven't been around the RAMS very long............. Martys been a member for 3 YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :p
I am new to the area and just discovered the race track at Fredericktown
a few months ago. I really enjoy the rams class, they are very competitive
and entertaining.Did you see the picture of the dude going the wrong way?
the great thing about it, they were 4 wide & nobody crashed. great driving
on everyones part.

Not to mention that on Friday nights, they are NOT RAMS mini-stocks, they are just the weekly Fredricktown mini-stocks. All RAMS races are on Saturdays with the exception of one Sunday race. Oh yeah, I believe Marty in the #52 won a feature in April at Fredricktown on a Friday night so maybe you should pay more attention. :rolleyes:

WingsRock said:
Not to mention that on Friday nights, they are NOT RAMS mini-stocks, they are just the weekly Fredricktown mini-stocks. All RAMS races are on Saturdays with the exception of one Sunday race. Oh yeah, I believe Marty in the #52 won a feature in April at Fredricktown on a Friday night so maybe you should pay more attention. :rolleyes:
Sorry, my mistake, the announcer always introduces them as the rams
mini-stocks when they come onto the track so I just assumed they were rams members. what is your capacity in the rams, official record keeper?Which car do you drive? My favorite is the #8 he tries real hard and seems to be getting better each week. I heard he won a feature race at another track a couple of weeks ago.

Wings Rock, I have a question for you. Are you married and if so, Doesn't your husband get upset with you having an icon with your boobs jiggling up and down like that?

fill you in a little!

howard, i'lltell you a little more imput on the rams. i'm the vice pres. i drive the #5, and own the 5x. fredricktown, and doerun both run the ministock class on fridays. they call us rams ministocks only at fredricktown raceway, because we go by rams rules. doe run has there own rules. marty started racing i think 5 years ago. he's an original rams member. and drives the #52 truck. this year he has raced at doerun alot,and has one 4 or 5 features up there. good racer and always makes a race interesting. he's not out there because he has motor problems right now. glad you like watching us, if you want to no any more just ask. them pintos get around there pretty good don't they......#5 the wolf see ya at the track.

Thewolf_5 said:
howard, i'lltell you a little more imput on the rams. i'm the vice pres. i drive the #5, and own the 5x. fredricktown, and doerun both run the ministock class on fridays. they call us rams ministocks only at fredricktown raceway, because we go by rams rules. doe run has there own rules. marty started racing i think 5 years ago. he's an original rams member. and drives the #52 truck. this year he has raced at doerun alot,and has one 4 or 5 features up there. good racer and always makes a race interesting. he's not out there because he has motor problems right now. glad you like watching us, if you want to no any more just ask. them pintos get around there pretty good don't they......#5 the wolf see ya at the track.
Thanks, one more question. are the drivers who race on Friday nights Rams members? the announcer says they are, but that Wings Rock lady says they aren't. who is right?

During the Friday night races, almost all (if not all) are RAMS members. Every now and then there are a few people who race there that are not RAMS members. The mini stocks guys are all allowed to race there. They are under no obligation to join the association.

WingsRock is not a girl and you all know it.....And I don't know why you guys are entertaining "Howard Stern" with answers. He says he's new but he was posting on this forum at the beginning of the year when all you weenies were making names up becuase you don't have the cahonies to STIR CRAP UP UNDER YOUR OWN NAME!

RAMS Meetings being scheduled and changed is something I guess we are going to have to get used to. I was asked to schedule the last one then had to reschedule it just to turn around and cancel the whole freaking thing.. no biggie though....I'm GOING DWARF CAR RACING with my pitMAN WINGSROCK!

And Howard Stern you already know you dont have to be a driver to be a RAMS member...I mean crap Pappa Wolf's a RAMS Member and isn't a driver and he's asking for a double points night.

hey bill... how'ya doin? haven't talked to ya since mont. county midget race.ya gonna run a dwarf car next year? how come?? don't tell me you ain't gonna take me up on my offer to build ya a 3.0L chevy? i was looking forward to building an engine to kick some RAMS butt! hehe.

They're all afraid of the 3.0. It would get banned before it ever made it to the track. Not enough Chevy guys left to keep it alive. :cool:

Earlier I was trying to talk Bill into going to Belle Claire with me next Wednesday but he has to work Thursday. The plan right now is to make it to Tri-City for the Bob Wente Memorial on our way back from the Silver Crown and ARCA races at Springfield. :D

I-55

I think we are going to I-55 Saturday night to watch the world of outlaws. You and Bill aren't going? It should be a good race, we have never seen them, looking forward to it.

Hey Art...Well that would be awesome if I was to stay in the ministock, but I've got to get WingsRock on the track. He helps me out every week and it's time we do some racing on the track. I can pull two dwarfs and save him the money of going out and buying a truck and trailer to race.

I thought of going to Belle Clair next week but I'm still working on that kitchen pass for the Silver Crown and ARCA race at Springfield and will catch the midgets at Tri-City that night on the way back.. Better not push it too much.

Becca if I go to a race this weekend World of Outlaws is where I'm heading. :D

Back