Makes you wonder...

Dixon Fan

Dirt is in...asphalt out
Does it make you wonder that maybe this years crowds were down because of Dixon and Korte not racing. And yea I know there are other good local drivers out there and they are just as fun to watch. But these 2 guys had many, many followers no matter what the reason was for not racing.

These drivers have loyal fans that will not go to a race if their favorite driver is not there...it is true. I will be honest with you and to say I am one of them. I truly enjoyed watching these guys race as well as the other drivers but it wasn't the same this year. I have only gone to one race this year(I-55 Summernationals) and not because of money issues either but just didn't seem to have a reason wanting to go. If felt so weird not seeing them at the Summernationals too. I hope these 2 talented drivers(a Hall of Famer and 1 that should be) will make a dramatic return for the 2011 season.

the summer nationals seemed not to be as exciting this year without korte... sure it was nice to see babb feger and erb battle it out, but having korte there makes it that much better, also i heard a rumor of Billy Moyer having surgery (as Korte did) on his back at the end of this race season... hopefully if he does have the surgery, he will pull a brett farve

My racing (watching) career hasn't been the same since Ed started to lose his spark out there.....just wan't the same going and seeing him run mid pack with no chance to fly to the front on the highside like he used to! Didn't matter where he started! Not saying that I only liked him for winning, but it was the show he put on that got me, win or lose, "Fast Eddie" was giving you your moneys worth! Same thing happened to my cousin, he was a Gundaker fan, he never goes anymore (he is busy with work now), but he used to be a die hard untill Kevin quit!

Trust me if Dixon and Korte were racing this year all the tracks would still be in the same situation as they are now. Not taking anything away from either driver. Korte is still in his prime but Dixon isnt the Dixon he used to be. Dont get me wrong he can still wheel a car and is fun to watch but the racing field these days is second to none. If people that followed these guys stopped going totally because they werent there arent true race fans to begin with. A true race fan would be there no matter who is racing or not. I have never said "oh no my favorite driver isnt going to be there so i am just going to sit at home". Heck no there are a ton of excellent drivers out there besides them two that make going to the races so much fun.

I understand these guys may be your favorites but to say the times may be different is rediculous. when you have 80-100 cars a night 2 drivers arent going to make the entire show. J/M/O

"oh no my favorite driver isnt going to be there so i am just going to sit at home"
Unfortunately, I've heard this statement from more than one person this season.

U can not call yourself a diehard race fan, if u no longer go because ur favorite driver is not there... I understand that ur favorite driver may not be there, but the races at pevely have been great at times this year. We all need to do a better job supporting our local tracks, before Saturday night racing becomes extinct.....

Unfortunately, I've heard this statement from more than one person this season.

That is very unfortunate......As i stated before thats cool that them guys are your favorites but what about the other field of cars out there to put on a show for the fans? They deserve just as much attention as the others.

Im one of the biggest die hard latemodel fans you will meet, keep up with races all over the country, just cause I don't go all the time since my favorite driver (Dixon) isn't racing or doing well anymore, doesn't mean im not a real race fan! It just isn't the same anymore, im not a big lower class fan, sprint car fan, nascar fan, etc I like LM's, so yes I do go to see my favorite drivers race and if they are not there it's not as much fun.....still awesome, but not as much fun! JMO! No one should say im not a real race car fan, i'll tell you 90% of who the driver is, what chassis he runs, his sponsors, where he's from, what motor he runs, etc!! I LIKE TO WATCH MY FAVORITES AND THATS THE WAY IT IS.....GET OVER IT!

for me....i just love racing and really dont care who shows up and who doesnt....dont get me wrong, i do have my favorites and just bc they are not there doesnt mean im not going to go....

Austin "Bigdog"

i to am a die hard race fan as far as korte and dixon two of my favorite drivers and i wish that they could be there but they can't right now but that will not stop me from going to races i just love being there!!!!!

If thats your theory why crowds are down, NASCAR should be out of business after Dale Sr. died. Drivers die, retire, quit, get fired, or for some other reason they are no longer driving a racecar. Race Track Operators are in the entertainment business, they have compitition. When people have a choice of going to a HOT race track, or a COLD movie theater, they may choose someplace that has airconditioning, even if that means staying home to watch T. V. I am at the track every friday and saturday night, the last few weeks have been very hot. Promoters should know by now that during real hot summers, car counts drop, and spectator counts drop. What's the solution, I don't know ask the promoters thats thier job to get cars on the track, and people in the stands.

to each their own, and although dixon and korte have certainly earned their dues, and thus all of their fans, to say that the local tracks have each lost maybe half their fans because of the temporary loss of these 2 drivers, is more than a bit of a stretch. korte hardly ever went to belleville, and dixon was hit and miss. and considering all of the korte-bashing on here from last season from pevely, i cant see that either. just my opinion. lets look at it this way; dixon and korte both had to beat the best to get to the top, so, there are just new top drivers to take their place.

If thats your theory why crowds are down, NASCAR should be out of business after Dale Sr. died. Drivers die, retire, quit, get fired, or for some other reason they are no longer driving a racecar. Race Track Operators are in the entertainment business, they have compitition. When people have a choice of going to a HOT race track, or a COLD movie theater, they may choose someplace that has airconditioning, even if that means staying home to watch T. V. I am at the track every friday and saturday night, the last few weeks have been very hot. Promoters should know by now that during real hot summers, car counts drop, and spectator counts drop. What's the solution, I don't know ask the promoters thats thier job to get cars on the track, and people in the stands.
Have to agree with ya...... Add in that this summer has been alot hotter than the past years.
Been goin to the races for a number of years, and my theory has always been that when the Church Picnics, Birthday partys, Lake outings and pool partys get goin in the summer, people tend to skip a week of racin here and there.
I try to never miss a week. But it seems like every summer there are a few weeks that I just can't go. (I'm a crab Azz the following week).
Have a cool week.
Adam

All our favorite driver ar getting older, Thats a fact. A lot of older fans no longer go because there favorite driver retired. I have been to 2 races (dirt tracks) this year. If the OO is not racing it not fun, I liked to watch Tim Manville to but he stoped racing also. Now hes back. Looks like i'm going to a dirt track race again .

I never miss a Fri or Sat night of racing. I also am an avid Late model & Modified
fan. I aim also a big Randy Korte, Brian Collins & Scotty Weber fan and if these
three weren't racing there is no way in hell I would go set in this heat to watch racing.
JMO

I have plenty of racers I enjoy watching and like it when they are there. But, them not being there would never stop me from going. All due respect to Randy Korte and Eddie Dixon, but I don't think 2 racers not racing is the cause of the down turn tracks are feeling in this area. jmo

maybe it's burn out? seeing the same old thing every weekend and then you get all the track bashing on how bad the racing surface is don't help. People don't want to come if they think the racing is going to stink. I mean theres no regular winner right now week after week but when Korty showed up in the past I went home knowing who was going to win. It just might be too hot to sit there and see the same old stuff not to add some of the top drivers from time to time are gone from the pits by time you get to go down there. Maybe mix it up a little or shorten the season so other events can go racing there. Change is good. NO shortage of fans for the World Of Outlaws. Don't say a word Dirthound :D The only way to tell is going to be if it's cooler next year. Oh and lets see how much more fans Dixon draws if he can make a race. You can't count the last race at BC that one is a no brainer the stands will be packed wishing BC a big good by and the best of luck.
Don't know if I am even close but mix it up a little or shorten the season. You don't need 12 regular shows with no fans just 7 sell outs with big shows. Maybe then people can afford to go. JMO

Back