Man crashes racecar on a public road

Babbfan

Anyone hear about this?

http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x995827312/Man-crashes-racecar

A 40-year-old man allegedly crashed a dirt-track racecar into a guardrail on Old Jacksonville Road while driving drunk on Saturday.
Sangamon County Sheriff’s deputies said they cited Gary W. Sheppard, 40, of Berlin, for driving under the influence, driving on a revoked license, not having insurance and several other citations.

Sheppard was allegedly driving his racecar west on Old Jacksonville Road near Jim Town Road just before 4 p.m. He then crossed into the eastbound lane and hit a guardrail.

Deputies said he suffered a broken leg and was taken to Memorial Medical Center.
Copyright 2010 The State Journal-Register. Some rights reserved

The driving drunk part was a s tupid move ...! This is a memory he'll never forget.
However I remember back in the day, A car was driven to Godfrey Speedway, from Joe Waters house, just 3 houses down over the train tracks, to the track. Who would have thought it was a BAD idea at the time..! NO time to load it on the trailer..LOL Just glad when he drove over the train tracks and went airborne he brought it down easy... But he hit his head on the top of the car, OUCH..! He forgot to put on his seat belt! After gearing it up and turning the corner to get to pit road there just happened to be a State Cop who was giving someone a ticket sitting right next to pit road entrance, cop didn't think it was to funny at the time!
Citation included 1 loud pipes/excessive noise 2 no mufflers 3 no windshield 4 no headlights 5 no working turn signals 6 no tail lights 7 no valid registration 8 no license plates, 350.00 for bail..! That was an expenpsive trip to the track, that day. At least the State Cop was nice enough to give my guy a ride back to pit road and dropped him off after he posted BAIL..!

Been there and don't think the town is big enough to even require a drivers lisc. Heck 1/2 of them drive there 4wheelers to there friends house. Just had to go and bounce off the gard rail just like at the track I guess? Oh well I can't say anything bad on this one with 3 DWI's behind me. he didnot get a seat belt ticket did he? :) Hope he was straped in.

Back