Marshall Green Sweeps Racing Action at Dixie, Rome!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(WOODSTOCK, GEORGIA) Marshall Green and his #89 team have hopefully turned the corner after a sub-par start to the 2006 racing season. The Woodstock, Georgia based Dirt Late Model team registered a pair of wins last week, as well as a strong second place finish. Their busy week started last Tuesday night, June 27 at the Cleveland Speedway in Cleveland, Tennessee. Marshall finished second in the $3,000 to win special event after rolling off eleventh on the starting grid. Green's Race It / Riverstone Homes / Harris-Sutton Chevrolet #89 GRT / Hatfield Monte Carlo trailed only Mike Marlar's #157 machine to the finish line.

It was then off to the Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, Georgia and the Rome Speedway near Rome, Georgia over the weekend. Marshall sat on the pole for both big events and was able to reach victory lane at both home-state venues. On Saturday, July 1, Marshall drove his new GRT to victory at Dixie to record the $1,500 payday. The result was much the same on Sunday at Rome, as Marshall wheeled his #89 machine to a flag-to-flag, $3,000 win over Frank Ingram, Mike Head, Ricky Williams, and Wayne Echols. As a result of achieving the highest point total in the two events at Dixie and Rome, Marshall earned an additional $1,000 bonus to bring his weekend total to $5,500!

“It really feels great to get back into victory lane,” said a relieved Green earlier in the week. “After the way our season started in 2006, I was wondering if we were ever going to get a win. But, I can tell you one thing…it hasn’t been from lack of effort. Everyone associated with Marshall Green Racing has been working hard all year long and those efforts finally paid off last week. This new GRT car is pretty bad-fast, so that really has me pumped up for the rest of the season. I have to thank all of my sponsors and supporters, as well as my family and crew, for sticking with me through our struggles earlier in the year. Hopefully, we have turned the corner now and there are many more wins in store for us this year!”

The Marshall Green Racing team plans to invade the North Georgia Speedway in Chatsworth, Georgia this Saturday evening, July 8. The unsanctioned ‘Coca-Cola Classic’ is on tap at the northern Georgia facility and a $5,000 top prize is on the line. For more information concerning this big event, please visit www.northgeorgiaspeedway.com.

The Marshall Green Racing team will receive sponsorship from the following companies in 2006: ACPT, AFCO Racing Products, American Billet, ATL Fuel Cells, Bartow Paving Company, Base Racing Fuels, Bell Helmets, Bert Transmissions, Cherokee Bank, Custom Craft Headers, Delph Communications, Design 500, GRT Race Cars, Harris-Sutton Chevrolet, Hatfield Racing Engines, Homes & Land Realty Group, Hoosier Racing Tire, Mason Racin’, Oval Craft, Performance Bodies, Race It, Racing Optics, Ringers Gloves, RGC Law, Riverstone Development Group, Riverstone Graphics, Riverstone Homes, Stealth Carburetors, Tiger Rear Ends, US Brake, Warrior Race Cars, Weld Racing Wheels, Woodward Steering, and Wrisco Industries.

The latest dirt on Marshall and the rest of the Marshall Green Racing team can be found at www.marshallgreenracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications www.delphcommunications.com

Back