McIntosh Charges to Top Ten Finish in I-30 Speedway’s Ralph Henson Memorial – Hockett/McMillin Memorial this Weekend

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lonnie Wheatley, BIXBY, Okla. (September 19, 2018) – Cannon McIntosh was back on track this past weekend and made the most of it by rallying from the 19th starting position to capture an eighth-place finish in Saturday night’s Ralph Henson Memorial at Little Rock’s I-30 Speedway.

The strong run came after mechanical woes had cut short the most pair of attempts in 360-ci Sprint Car action.

With the RL Hudson No. 08 Sprint Car firing on all cylinders, McIntosh and team will take to Wheatland, Missouri’s Lucas Oil Speedway for this weekend’s Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour “Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial” on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

“Hopefully we can make a couple of features and then see what we can get,” the 15-year-old commented.

Saturday’s ASCS Mid-South vs. Red River Region-sanctioned event stated out quietly enough for McIntosh with a fifth-place heat race finish.

“It didn’t start out all that great,” McIntosh explains. “I was a little rusty and we don’t have a lot of experience in the Sprint Car yet.”

McIntosh picked up the pace in “B” Main action, snaring the third and final transfer position on the final round after starting sixth.

“I stepped it up and drover harder in the ‘B’,” McIntosh says. “I got tight with about two to go, but then one of the guys ahead of me broke on the last lap and I barely beat him to the line to get in the feature.”

McIntosh capitalized on the opportunity, slicing through the field from the last row to earn an eighth-place finish. It was his fourth top-ten run in just his fifth full night of winged Sprint Car competition.

“We started last, it was dialed in and we were able to move right through there,” McIntosh recalls. “We had a radius rod bolt backing out and a right rear going flat the last few laps, so it was getting pretty tricky.”

With the strong run in the books, McIntosh looks to carry that momentum into this weekend’s Hockett/McMillin Memorial.

“It’s running good now, we’re looking forward to this weekend,” McIntosh summed up.

2018 Quick Stats: 24 races, 1 win, 5 top-fives, 11 top-tens.

Up Next: Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour “Jesse Hockett/Daniel McMillin Memorial” at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Keep Track: Keep track of Cannon McIntosh’s on-track action including schedule and results at https://www.facebook.com/cmacracing/.

If you would like Cannon McIntosh Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Penning the recurring series of “The Wheatley Chronicles” articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, Lonnie Wheatley provides media, public relations and more for select tracks, drivers and events. For more information, Wheatley may be contacted at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Back