MCS 8/16 races

duckhunter330

Steve "Duck" LaGarce
I just wanted to give a couple shout outs to the ministock guys from Saturday the 16th at MCS. Shannon you looked real fast out there, you have made big improvements. Tony good to see ya as always and I think you might have something for the 4aces! Mark, wish I could have seen you in the feature but that chevy just didnt hold together for ya.
This was my first time to the track this year and I was a little surprised at the low car count for the ministocks. Only seven cars?? I thought that opening up the rules would bring cars in????? It seems like just the opposite has happend. It seems that when the rules were closer to stock and more affordable there were more out there. I hate to see that class die off like it has. I think it is a great class for a stepping stone to gain experience.

About the only thing you can't do to your motor is stroke it and run alcohol. Thats pretty open!!

what shannon means is, Mel could open up the rules and let pro 4 cars run. Not, open up mini stock rules.

Callaway cars run only 30 miles away from MCS on fridays then travel 50 plus miles away to run at the big 24 raceway in Moberly on saturday. Now that Moberly is shut down a few weeks MCS could probably draw a few their way if the rules would allow. Too bad, more of the same old thing they been doing at MCS for a long time. So much potential and just more things keeping the people coming from the west. And when they do come they often dont feel welcome. We always did but when I talk to the locals here in Mid Mo. thats what their saying.
Good luck Shannon, were still not running and now considering hanging it up for the season. Maybe we'll come watch again before the end of the season.
Trace

Back