MCS For Sale?

I thought he said that,but I couldn't hear because of the noise.Hopefully all will work out for the best and if it sells,it can ramain a speedway and not a housing complex or something.

There's a lot of potential in this track. I'm interested in seeing who will bid on it. Could become quite interesting.

No one is going to buy it for a track with the lawsuit hanging out there. Well one group might.

My thoughts exactly. But you know what, it'd make a great Sunday track for someone that is busy on Friday's and Saturday's. LOL! Just kiddin' don't take me seriously.

I think it's time for G&G Motorsports to work their magic yet once again. Or Schraeder, Little E, Kenny Wallace, or Stewart. Hopefully we aren't about to lose another track in this area.

Q, I was thinking the same thing.

Run sportsman, UMP Mods, Late Models and maybe a 4 cylinder class on Sundays. Get the show over early and it could be a hot spot. I've never been to the track but I have talked to guys that have raced it and said it was pretty fast. Could get a Summer Nationals show there and maybe an Outlaw sprint show. Good potential. But hopefuly this rediculous lawsuit doesn't eat it up.

I've heard the suit's been dropped but I guess nobody is saying anything publicly about it at this time. If Mel wants to sell now, I hope the sale goes smooth and Mel's health improves. Too nice of a track.

I've heard the suit's been dropped but I guess nobody is saying anything publicly about it at this time. If Mel wants to sell now, I hope the sale goes smooth and Mel's health improves. Too nice of a track.

I took a quick look at Case net and the case is still ongoing. There were filings done in March.

Interesting, I've heard from a few people that the suit was done, maybe it's not. The tracks going nowhere until Mel can get out from under it. Would be nice to know for sure.

Hopefully it will stay a racetrack, but the land will probably be worth more for other uses. Mel has to take care of himself and his family, so I would understand if he needs to sell it to the highest bidder, regardless of its use. I am just praying that it does not go to those wonderful human beings that have been trying to drive him out of business with frivolous lawsuits.

Not sure why everyone wants it to be a Sunday track. It usually has really good total car counts and is the only Saturday night track between Pevely and the middle of the state.

Run A-Mods, B-Mods, sportsman and hornets. MCS usually gets a ton of the B-Mods.

And the last thing you want is the "G" man buying it, because the real-estate side of things have particular interests in that area (rumored hospital).

If we could get Junior and Stewart to buy it, it would stay a track, and I don't think even the "G" man would have enough money to keep up the lawsuit against those two!

If i understood correctly

From what I heard Mel say saturday night was that the track was for sale, that health reasons were why he was selling. He said that nothing was going to change when new ownership takes over, once it is sold, for the remainder of the year. Whom ever buys the track, would have to look at the classes they are running presently and make their decision for what classes would be run. I know the mini stocks have 10 + cars each week and is a low budget low pay out class, and it is a starting point for up and coming drivers and a learning class to advance themselves through the ranks to upper classes. The street stocks always have a large car count and there are a number of drivers that can win on any given night. The b-mods have a large car count, and the same as street stocks, a number of drivers can win at any given time. Then the ump mods, like someone else said, aside from Pevely, where is the next closest track that runs a Saturday night near that area. The crates are still growing, they need some more time to start reaching their potential. So no matter what happens, the cars will be there to put on a show for the fans. Thats just as long as the track stays as a track and not into something else. The potential for the track is undeniably there for someone to bring it out. Mel done an amazing job with the track for everything he had and what he didnt have. No matter why the reason of selling, be it health issues, finances, or other unknowns, I wish the best of luck to Mel and his family and you have earned my respect as a driver, fan, and patron to MCS.

From what I heard Mel say saturday night was that the track was for sale, that health reasons were why he was selling. He said that nothing was going to change when new ownership takes over, once it is sold, for the remainder of the year. Whom ever buys the track, would have to look at the classes they are running presently and make their decision for what classes would be run. I know the mini stocks have 10 + cars each week and is a low budget low pay out class, and it is a starting point for up and coming drivers and a learning class to advance themselves through the ranks to upper classes. The street stocks always have a large car count and there are a number of drivers that can win on any given night. The b-mods have a large car count, and the same as street stocks, a number of drivers can win at any given time. Then the ump mods, like someone else said, aside from Pevely, where is the next closest track that runs a Saturday night near that area. The crates are still growing, they need some more time to start reaching their potential. So no matter what happens, the cars will be there to put on a show for the fans. Thats just as long as the track stays as a track and not into something else. The potential for the track is undeniably there for someone to bring it out. Mel done an amazing job with the track for everything he had and what he didnt have. No matter why the reason of selling, be it health issues, finances, or other unknowns, I wish the best of luck to Mel and his family and you have earned my respect as a driver, fan, and patron to MCS.

Well said Butch :)

Back