MCS Playday?????

vosevichs

The Crew
Anybody heard when Montgomery County Speedway Playday is????

Tentative date only!!!!!

March 20 depending on weather. There will now be 3 layers of guardrail all the way around.

Shawn Rayfield you will now have to really work at it to fly off the track on the back straightaway....lol

John Barr
The Trashdog

The tird rail is a good thing. I'm happy to hear that it is up. The olny thing I have to ask Mel to do. Is to kept the dirt from pilling up next to the rails as the nights go on. just every now and then grade the dirt back on to the track. This would help alot. Last Year the first rail was buried under dirt in the turns.

Yea Tony, 1st night out with the new mod and you had to see if it would fly! At least you landed on your wheels. Are you ready for this season?
Eric

Is the play day still March 19th? Just wondering if I need to plan some late nights into my schedule this week to be ready.

Not my first time out Eric, but almost. With the banking it's just like a ramp. Talked to the a track offical today and he said that most of the third rail is done along with the repairs to the lower two. He said that they still need to replace a light stand that was damaged last year and finish the rail. This offical also said that Mel said if it's to cold no playday. The track was recut for more banking. How much More??

Thanks for the third rail Mel. If I can get a Minstock on top of 2 rails it needs to be 3 high for sure.

Just spoke with Mel a little while ago and practice is on for Sunday from 12 till 6 or so. The third rail is complete and the track is ready to go according to him.

Does anyone know how I can get ahold of Steve Shepard?

Back