MCS question.

davt

LuRkEr!!
Why the track announcer change?

I sure missed loudmouth for opening night... wasn't the same. No disrespect to the new guy, but at least take the time to learn the names of the drivers and what cars they drive. I realize it was week 1 but it was pretty bad.. You didnt know who Leroy Haney was till they lined up for the feature, but you kept mentioning the souvineur stand, and it was boarded up and closed :).

No offense, but, Loudmouth usually didn't know who the drivers were either...and it was refreshing to have a new announcer, thought he did a great job for first night...new cars and all...Keep up the good work:)

Hey give a guy some credit. I think he did an outstanding job !!! When I first started going to the races it took me forever to remember all the names and numbers, heck I still may mess them up for time to time. Yeah he was plugging all MCS track sponsors but isn't that why they sponsor the track. If I was a sponsor I'd be happy with the new guy. Thats what I would expect to here if I sponsor the track, my company name. Now make sure we support those sponsors so they keep helping the track. Great job new guy, lets get a "coming outtaaaaaaaaaaa 3333333333 letsssss gooooo green"

Actually they had a pretty good one last year that loves racing to the core, and they promised him pay for the work but at the end of the year decided there wasn't money. They couldn't even offord to let him in for free. Cause $10 for free service wsd too much I guess.

Anything better than loudmouth's annoying, ummm you know.
That ruined a lot for me right there.

thanks for the memories.....

Its been real difficult for me to sign on and say goodbye....but the couple post on this thread made it easy for me to say farewell....

since the MCS has opened i have announced and it was a strange new world for me but i jumped in with both feet out of the love for loud engine sounds and entertaining which normally consisted of 7yrs of wedding receptions, bars, and radio shows.....none of which really allows you the opportunity to get to know anyone.....however announcing for everyone in the past years made me realize one thing if any.....
ive never felt so welcome and accepted by so many so quickly....and to you i say thanks for the memories....such as having a nic-name i made up actually used on a shirt or car....stuff like that emotionally stagers me....and i thank you all for that type of support....friends for life....you will not be forgotten

i may have not pleased everyone and for that im sorry we didnt connect like that....but for those of you who dont have a stick up the wazoo and enjoyed the best show that i could bring you under the circumstances that i was handed...thank you all for your patients for me when i was new and the info you offered when i had no info to offer for spottion debris when we didnt....for cheering your driver but NOT booing others...this is the stuff that separates MCS's crowd from the others ive seen....truly a special group to be a part of and to you as well i say thanks and be well in your life

i will say that i didnt care for the way i dismissed....3 weeks into the season... ( i do keep all saturdays available for MCS instead of offering them to the other company i also announce for, which all saturday announcer positions has been filled for the up coming year of '08...a financial ouch ) after 2 weeks of rain-outs i was told friday before the first real chance of getting to race...i might be whining but i was looking forward to going green just as much as the racers and fans....just a hell of a shock is all......and it would have been less of a slap in the face if perhaps the new guy was at least experienced if not more experienced than i....
personally i wish him the best of luck....being new isnt easy when your tossed to the dogs....

in closing with all of the things that ive seen over the years that needed to be fixed or changed or improved i never even considered that i was on that list....in laymans terms....dont fix what isnt broke....

added:>>>FYI the reason i was given for not coming back.....
We want to try something new......

Loud Mouth

It wont be the same at MCS with out you. Not that i go there anymore..but they messed up when they lost you. GOOD LUCK!

-Kayte-
(from mr happys crew)

Announcer Issues

loudmouth was 100 times better than the new guy. the new guy doesnt know the drivers or what car they drive, granted he is new i do have to give him credit for trying and trying to stick in there but WOW!! my goodness loudmouth was of course hince the nickname way louder than the new guy you can barely hear him, and for one thing loudmouth was awesome, and i am sure knows how to pronounce montgomery, it isnt MONTgomery its just Montgomery, one word dude. loudmouth was awesome, i mean what does the new guy that loudmouth didnt, NOTHING! i am way disappointed with the announcing this year, like he said "if it isnt broke, DONT fix it" so y did you guys change. big mistake. way to go to loudmouth for voicing his oppinion and feelings, and just so you he is very upset about not doing it this year, very disappointed and everything. From what i understand he doesnt want to even go to the races, he was doing the top two things he loves most, listening to loud engines, and announcing at the races, what guy wouldnt love that, but way to go i guess you guys just lost the best announcer you could ever have, he used to be on the radio for goodness sakes, how could you guys do that to him, and then there are people on here bad mouthing him tha makes it even worse, especially because you guys are using the excuse that "he is just new," well do some research, talk to the drivers, find out who they "really are" before announcing he shoulda done that before the first race, but u guys really messed this one up, there is a lot of people that wont even come to the races anymore since hes gone, so WAY TO GO GUYS!! Hope you really know what youre doing and where you are going with this one. Have fun racin and there was nobody there at the first race that would have been more excited to say "LETS GO GREEN!!!" than loudmouth, and there will never be anyone there as excited as he would be IF he would go to be there so have fun everyone!!!!!!!

Sorry To Hear About You Not Being There Loud Mouth. I Can Say He Was One Of The Few As An Anouncer That Would Come To Pit Area To Write Down New Cars And Get Names When He Could. How Many Other Announcers Do That At Other Tracks? You Will Be Missed, Thanks For All Your Suport Loud Mouth

Loud Mouth it's been a fun ride. Your always welcome in my pit. When you can stop in. You'll always have a place on my crew.

Good now you can come and see us race at a different place. Cuz of course you know we were dismissed a year and a half ago too.
Welcome to the club
Ex MCS faithfull
until xxxx on.

PM me sometime
I'll tell you where we'll be.

Don't worry Mr. Happy still loves you. :D
Your better without them.Just turn and shake it at them.i would.
From your friend on the Illinois side, Mr.Happy

Announcing at Montgomery

Hey lizardracing thanks for the vote I was the announcer in 2006 and thanks to loudmouth and family and the Haney bunch is why I was in the booth to begin with. As far as loudmouth is concerned he was and will always be a special person for me because I considered an honor to share the booth with him every chance I got and given the oppurtunity I would do it again without any hesitation. I have missed all my fans and friends that I have made over the years and hope to see you soon. If it will ever stop raining. I hope loudmouth reads this post because he will be greatly missed.

Lets go green.

Former announcer at Montgomery.

loudmouth

Sorry to see you go. IT WAS NICE TO HEAR ALL THE DRIVERS NAMES AND NUMBERS NOT JUST THE FIRST THREE. Things are quite in the stands now. That's not the way race tracks are suppose to be. You are miss by the B MOD crowd.

loudmouth

one thing i miss is the nick names you gave to some of those guys "spidy spalding and chasin jason pritz" and all the other ones it won't be the same without you. hope to see you soon!!! and don't worry they will realize what the lost soon!

Back