MCS results

nosretsam, I simply asked if anyone had results. It's a SIMPLE QUESTION without comment--at least from me. YOU'RE the one who makes the smarta-- comment here.
So does anyone have results?

Looks Like The Same As Last Week - Well Almost- Buyt Geee There Arnt Many Cars To Make A Change In The Results Like 8 Lm's Last Week- Mabe 15 A-mods Looks Like They Need Another Class Just To Make The Payout.

They ran semi's in the A-Modifieds and the B-Modifieds, 15 street stocks, 9 late models.

Heats in the A-Mods were won by Steve Meyers, Chris Simmerman, Rusty Griffaw, semi was won by Dean Vickers, Rusty Griffaw won the feature.

Heats in the B-Mods were won by Lance Kobusch, Randy Dickman, Jerry Dean, Semi went to Chris Vanderiet, Jr. and the feature to Lance Kobusch driving Dave Winford's 007 car.

Heats in the Late Models went to Rich Lawson and Ken Rumble, the dash and the feature was won by Bryan Collins.

Street Stock heats were won by James Brock and Dan Kaminski, James Brock held on to a tough race over Mark Schnurbusch and Daryl Dodge.

RAMS Mini Stock heats were won by Jon Paul Reando and Rick Ruch. The feature was a 3 way battle between Reando, Ruch and Dave Wofford, with Dave Wofford pulling out the win.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Trashdog, are you sure on the name of the b-mod semi I think you mean Mike
Vanderiet Jr. But I could be wrong.

It's Mike, it was early for me, having trouble putting names to numbers again.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Let's see... 9 LM"s, 2 heats, thats 5 cars in one heat & 4 cars in the other (yes, I can add :D ) that kinda s u c k s dont it? Dont you think one heat with 9 cars would be more entertaining?

Too bad Frankel broke in the LM heat race. After the B-mods ran their heat races the track got dry-slick. Overall the track was in fairly good shape.

sean2, I kind of wonder if they hoped that nobody reading the results would take a closer look at the car count and would just see that they had 2 heats of LMs. I find it troublesome that Granite also had only 9 LMs.

Oh, and for those of you who say I never say anything good about MCS,I gotta give props to them for having a combined 51 UMP and "B" mods Saturday night. And they did increase the minimum payout for the LM feature winner--probably not enough of an increase($600-$750)--but at least they made the effort. I did see where Kenny Rumble ran out there instead of TCS.

Rumble Went To Poplar Bluff The Last Couple Weeks I Believe And Pevely Before That. Don't Know If He Would Have Went To P/B If They Would Have Ran There Last Week. I Think He Is Just Floating Around Doing Whatever He Chooses. I Wish He Could Get Some Luck At Belle-clair!

Drop the UMP for the Late Models. Make the tire rule D-55's than you might see some Mid-Missouri cars coming in.

maninmo84, I'd tend to agree with you that they should drop the sanction for the LMs and go with the harder tire. At the very least they could keep the D10-D30 tires but pay a bonus to the highest finishing car on 55s. Same deal with paying a bonus to the highest finishing 360inch motored car to try to lure the IMCA guys.

But could they maintain the UMP sanction for the "a" mods if they go unsanctioned for the LMs? The mod classes are the only ones at MCS that draw worth a darn, so I'm not sure you want to screw with that formula.

Of course, TCS has a tire rule, and they only had 9 cars Saturday, so maybe that's not the way to go either.

I doubt the car count would increase if the rules changed. Most of the cars that run at Sedalia will run Lebanon on Saturday if they come east. Some of them I have talked to say they dont like short tracks so MCS would be out just for that. I myself would prefer D55's, so Im for it. I think If anything needs changed is the track configuration, make it 3/8-1/2mi. Keep the banking, then all you would have to worry about is loosing cars from damage. Maybe there would be more cars but for how long?

Most of the cars that race at Sedalia don't race on Saturday or they race with MARS/MLRA if they are close. Only Smyser is the only one that goes down there on a regular basis. I-44 gets most of there cars from the Springfield/Joplin area.

Back