MCS to hold information meeting on RAMS

Millsey

Since the RAMS are going to be a regular at the Montgomery County Speedway in 2004, we wanted to hold an informational meeting about the RAMS Mini Stocks and their rules for the 2004 season somewhere in the MCS region. Probably the ideal time would be a Sunday afternoon but we are looking for the right time and place to hold the meeting. Mel said that little restaurant near the track has a meeting room that would be good BUT IT HAS NO HEAT so we would need to do it sometime in the near future and not in the mddle of winter if we hold it there.
I will have rules for the 2004 season along with a video to show. We will be able to answer any of your questions at that time. We could also possibly bring up a vehicle if needed.
Right now the RAMS are scheduled to race at least once a month at MCS during 2004. Of course they will also be racing every Friday night at the Fredericktown Raceway and I talked with Jerry Wolsey today and he said he was interested in the class at ATPR for 2004. So there are a lot of possibilities for the RAMS this next season.
By the way, our next RAMS Association meeting is on Sunday, Oct. 19th at 6 pm. at Bailey's Pub & Grill in Farmington. It is open to everyone.
So if anyone has a good suggestion on a place and time for a RAMS informational meeting in the MCS region please contact me either on here or you can call me at (573) 747-0566.
We are also very interested in racing at Belleville a couple of times next season, but I've got to get back into contact with them.

Question

Mr. Mills, how much does a mini-stock on average cost? Whats the age requirements and do you need prior racing experiance? thanks Ken

mastercraft you can get into mini stock for a cheap price if you buy an existing car which their is a few for sale the car millsey has right now you could own for i think $1200 i think and is a nice car jon paul has a car also its a mustang 2 and is comp.car for 2750 i think if he still selling it so you can also build your own for under 3500 i built mine for less than that and its a s10 their is alot of good guys in the group would answer any questions you have hope this helps you Brian#3

The RAMS are one of the most inexpensive classes anywhere. We do use racing tires and equipment where some of the other four-cylinder classes do not. You can check out our RAMS website at: http://jeff.mills.tripod.com/ramsofsoutheastmissouri/ or more information.

Vehicles will vary in price, but used ones are kinda hard to find because nobody has been getting rid of their old ones. I did know where one of the S-10 pickups were (Shannon Burch's old #8 truck) but from what I understand it just got sold. I've got one that is a Chevy Chevette and I'm only asking $1,200 for it and it is complete and ready to race. The motor is basically stock but we've got the car handling and racing pretty good right now. I bought it after we had a slight accident with our #99 car.... (cough). It's by far the cheapest to buy one from somebody because to build anything from scratch is a lot more expensive. Our new car (if you can call a 1977 Pinto new) already has about $2700 in it. But it's got a LOT of new stuff on it. I can't think of one other available mini stock right. Keep checking the RAMS messageboard here on STLRACING.COM and every now and then one will pop up.

Age wise, our minimum age is 14 and we have a driver's test we like to give our really young drivers. There's no previous experience necessary, just the will to have a good time and enjoy the sport.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me day or night at (573) 747-0566...

cost

$150 to $250 car with good motor
$300 to $500 for rollcage
$40 to $50 per shocks (4 at least 8 better)
$60 to $125 per wheels x 6
$40 to $60 per tire x6
$100 to $150 seat
$50 to $60 belts
$100 to $150 fire suit
$100 fuel cell

$1300 to $2800 just to start from sctatch and this is a stock motor you start working on the motor you could spend from a $1000 to $2500 for the motor a lot of parts can be bought used at swap meets for a really good deal

I had a loaner car first race it was last place replaced motor with a stock 89 mustang motor went from last to about 6 to 9 place every night If the A arm wouldn't have broke I might have been able to do better the key on these cars is get the handleing down first then worry about power..

how much?

getting a picture taken as the season champion
smiling with dirt still in your teeth.....
PRICELESS....!!!!!
ehheheh
couldnt pass that one up

Back