mcs

kslle

well, looks like we bent the front end on our new old pinto, pretty rough driving out there last night. guess we will tie to some trees and try to pull it back close. congrats to tony on his heat win, maybe someday someone will beat the 50.

Jmo

well, looks like we bent the front end on our new old pinto, pretty rough driving out there last night. guess we will tie to some trees and try to pull it back close. congrats to tony on his heat win, maybe someday someone will beat the 50.

Look i am not one to start crap so i am not say-n a whole lot about a whole lot, But its kinda ur own fault u bent your front end. Maybe if ya'll wasnt turning your wheel to the right (into my driver door) to spin me out it wouldn't of got bent because then you wouldnt of went to the high side to where you ended up hitting another car. :rolleyes:

Anyway on another note CONGRATS TONY!!!!!! i couldn't exactly catch up 2 ya. good race.
And as far as someone beating Dave....doubt its gonna happen unless he breaks. Cuz hell he has a fast car and he's a hella good driver!!!
~~Ashley~~

Congrats Tony

Congrat Tony on your heat win, i imagine ya got alot more of them comin along with some feature wins. As far as other things, Lane turning into someone to spin them out, I dont believe that 1 bit. Having something break on a untested car and hitting someone, yes, but intentionally I dont think so. But I wasnt there so thats juz my experiance racing 2 years against Lane that i am basing my opinion on.

Congrat Tony on your heat win, i imagine ya got alot more of them comin along with some feature wins. As far as other things, Lane turning into someone to spin them out, I dont believe that 1 bit. Having something break on a untested car and hitting someone, yes, but intentionally I dont think so. But I wasnt there so thats juz my experiance racing 2 years against Lane that i am basing my opinion on.

You are totally entitled to your own opinion all the way. I still feel it was intentional because he didn't even lift when he was in my drivers door. and you would think that with Lane's experiance in racing he would of lifted,
But that is still JMO...........

~~Ashley~~

ok

You are totally entitled to your own opinion all the way. I still feel it was intentional because he didn't even lift when he was in my drivers door. and you would think that with Lane's experiance in racing he would of lifted,
But that is still JMO...........

~~Ashley~~
if you think he tried to spin you, you are so wrong, what would we gain, starting last and damage to both cars, if i new for 1 minute lane was trying to spin you he would be grounded the next week. we have nothing to gain, as for dave, yea he has a fast car and he can drive, no argument there. but if lane did to you what you did to him he would not be racing, he lifted plenty of times when he was behind you to keep from hitting you. funny how other drivers and fans came up to us after the race asking why she was hitting lane. i dunno i guess we were wrong when we went over the rail too. i thought with you running 4th last week you would have noticed how lane, tony, and jim ran side by side and bumper tp bumper the whole race without a problem. jmo..../ by the way you don't spin someone out by hitting the driver door, you use the rear bumper which he didn't do. besides a pinto is know match for trying to wreck a truck, we would lose that one....

if you think he tried to spin you, you are so wrong, what would we gain, starting last and damage to both cars, if i new for 1 minute lane was trying to spin you he would be grounded the next week. we have nothing to gain, as for dave, yea he has a fast car and he can drive, no argument there. but if lane did to you what you did to him he would not be racing, he lifted plenty of times when he was behind you to keep from hitting you. funny how other drivers and fans came up to us after the race asking why she was hitting lane. i dunno i guess we were wrong when we went over the rail too. i thought with you running 4th last week you would have noticed how lane, tony, and jim ran side by side and bumper tp bumper the whole race without a problem. jmo..../ by the way you don't spin someone out by hitting the driver door, you use the rear bumper which he didn't do. besides a pinto is know match for trying to wreck a truck, we would lose that one....

Okay whatever i am a girl and dont know when someone is in my door and not lifting. I guess i am down right retarded. You win!! Happy now? Hope everyone has fun this weekend. I will be back on my birthday, August 11th. Forget i said **** about it all. It's whatever now i can tell no matter what i say its not going to matter.

~~Ashley~~

ok

it doesn't matter if your a guy or a girl, no i am not happy now because you don't believe us. when we build a car in 3 weeks we don't want to hurt it or someone elses especially on its first night out. we have nothing to gain and everything to loose with trying to spin anyone out. your truck is running better and you were driving much better. i think you just are wrong in this case. enough said, we will try to give you extra room next time, hope you do the same for us..

my feelings

my feelings about the race sat night is everyone was running a good race i talked to ashley tonight i told her personally i dont think would do that intentionally.he a great driver i have the most respect for him like you said you got your car back after only 3 wks it probaly still has a few bugs ashley trk still has some we still have not found coilspring or when she lost it in heat race she is improving alot an lane doing heck of job also i just dont want no hard feelings between you an us the rams has to stick together an help each other when needed this how i feel about sat races tom

I thought that all classes put on a good show. The track seemed really fast. Hope you all get your disagreemants settled out soon. If it weren't for all you all there wouldnt be a show. By the way who all from montgomery county is coming to race at the ROCK in fredericktown friday aug 3rd. Great payouts for all classes. A-Mods and CRATES are paying 750 to win 450 second 300 third. B-Mods and Pure Streets 400 to win and Dwarfs and Mini Stocks 300 to win. I cant wait to see some of you all (Montgomery County Drivers) at the ROCK.

I agree i dont think Lane would do that intentionally but i didnt see it. We have been having some good close racing out there and things will happen

I was sitting where I could see what happened and I was watching Lane's car durring that race and he never made any moves to try to spin some one out, all he did was try several times to pass and was repeatedly turned into and forced to the infield and I guess on the last one he had enough and didn't back off! I'd have done the same.

The Way I See It!

Hello Boys and Girls;

The way I see it is the skill level has come up in the past few years
(as well as the horse power) and the drivers are starting to become impatient with the less experienced competitors.
This is a slippery slope::confused:

If we continue to widen the gap between the rookies and the more experienced drivers with better equipment the end result will always be bent up cars.

This is just my thought.

Has any one told these drivers how to know if you are holding up the car
behind you?

I have been told that if you are holding someone up they will bump your rear bumper (CLEANLY) to let you know you are holding them up.

I have also been told that if you don't move up and let them have the line it is customary to move them up yourself.
(AFTER A PROPER WARNING OF COURSE)

I think this is where they say "rubbin is racin"
If you want to try to hold your line and hold on for the finish, you do so at the risk of being pushed up the bank in the next turn or maybe the last turn before the flag..

As friendly as we all are,(and I like it that way) we are all there to win.
There must be some understanding of the unwritten rules of the sport.
I am not suggesting that we all enter the demo derby when we are out there, (this is the fastest way to drive new folks from the sport), but we must have some basic known rules to go by so we can avoid this type of controversy.
Every one knows the visibility in the car toward the rear is little or none.
SO:
If you are faster then the car in front of you and you have tried a different line to pass but can't, give the car in front the opportunity to know you are back there by giving them a bump with out trying to spin them out.
If they continue to slow you down, you will have to make a decision on how you wish to move them out of your way, but at least you would have given them fair warning.
At this point the slower car can give way or suffer the subsequent spin on the last lap and chance going home with a totaled race car...
I know everybody wants to win, but running second brings home allot more then the minor payout that comes with it, your car comes home in one piece and all you spent was tow money and race fuel.
Next week you can work on improving your set up or installing a new cam or whatever to make you car better instead of scrounging around in the bone yard for sheet metal and buying time on the frame liner.
THEN:
Hopefully it will be your turn to reach the bumper of the front runner and say "hello I am here":)

The last 2 weeks up front has been some of the cleanest racing I have seen to date.
I don't know what was happening in the back of the pack as we have found some set ups that seem to work and have had the racing gods smile down on us.
As for my opinion on the 50, I think it was wrong to start him in the back just because he has won some events.
Jim and Tony were able to run with him and race cleanly.
Dave has worked hard to get his car where it is and I don't think he should be penalized for his efforts.
We all need to do better to catch up!
Jim's Chevy has come along way and is now consistently up front.
Should we all gang up on him as well?
We have now been able to move up to the front.
I don't need a lynch mob down at the trailer for doing our home work and missing half the season.
I also think Dave is doing the right thing by moving up if that is what he is selling his car for.
What fun is it if there is no one else to race with.
Checking out just stinks up the show.
REMEMBER:
Some of the best drivers ever to climb behind the wheel never won a championship.
There is more to life then that.
Last week a large amount of spectators stayed to see the economy class feature. THE SHOW WAS AW SOME.
Let's try to keep their interest by putting on a great show, not a spectacle in the pits!:)

These are the rantings of the crewcheif who is in charge of fixing all of these mistakes after the fact!

Uncle ED:)

Well said Ed, as ussual

I agree alot with what you said but at the same time with the experianced and inexperianced drivers, myself personally, it was my job to find a way around a slower car, even if the slower car is in the perfered line, the slight bump i agree with but at the same time, the inexperianced driver needs to know when you see someone on the inside of you, even if its just the nose, that car has position, and you must HOLD your line, and its the same if the faster car is on the outside, HOLD your line to the bottom. Dont run in hard drift up and take a chance of pushing out and pushing the outside car up towards the wall. Not saying anyone has done anything wrong. But that is my opinion. Cant wait to see yall down at the Rock next week end.

Okay i have to be honest, The other day when i got on here and made them like 3 posts. I was in a pretty pissy mood, and it wasnt even about racing. I just happend to look at the RAMS....and i will honestly have the balls to admit that i was wrong i just was kinda pissy and wanted something to pretty much b-iotch about... So me personally i want to say Sorry to Lane and his pit crew cuz it honestly had noting to do with them.

However i do want to say one thing. After 1/2 of you have said how "good" i was doing. I dont believe it at all cuz after reading the PM's i got and listening to voicemails on my phone i know how poeple really think i race. Just dont tell me i am doing a good job if i'm not. Thats all i have to say.
Again, Sorry Lane!!!

~Ashley~

Ashley, just because someone makes a mistake doesnt mean they are a bad driver. A bad driver is one that makes the same mistake over and over. I have watched the videos from Jim on youtube.com and I was impressed at how fast you were. Both you and Shannon have made tremendous improvements! Keep your head up and keep charging forward! I remember racing at MCS in 2005 with Smurf and one other, going three wide for 3 laps and never touching each other, that was racing. I will be honest and say I dont think that could happen now. Everyone needs to relax and remember not all of us have deep pockets to afford to fix our vehicles every weekend from being in a demolition derby. Sometimes not pushing to the point of taking the other guy out and just settle for the spot you are in could be the difference between a destroyed race car and a race car that only needs washed. How much more money do you get for 3rd over 4th? I can tell you it wouldnt be enough to even buy a new wheel and tire!
Again, keep your head up!!!!:D

ahh the days of the mighty chevette... steve one day we need a rematch so I can finally whip you butt:eek: yes s-10 vrs pinto s-10 wins every time just by sher weight you can't push a s-10 arounf like a pinto..;)

Not sure yet but

I am not 100% sure yet, BUT if things work out for me, I might be seein yall Saturday night. I gotta make sure the car dont get tore up tomarrow night at Benton. If things go ok, ill make the trip up and finally run against similar b-mods for once instead of full blown imca and ump cars. Be kinda nice to know I have a chance for once lol.

Butch, wait till the 10th to go up so I can race with you and maybe we can stop for White Castles...............LOL

lmao, deal!!!!

if things go right my tentative schedule will be Benton tomarrow night, MCS saturday, Fredricktown next Friday, and then MCS next Saturday. All depends on how bad the car gets damaged, and the almighty funding. But white castles at Festus sounds like a good idea!!!!! But we are corking Shannon before we go inside.

Back