Meeting Date CHANGED!!!

FaithfulFan

www.eatonracing.net
LISTEN UP, GUYS!

JULY MEETING DATE IS CHANGED!

The meeting was supposed to be this Sunday, July 10th. However, the meeting will NOW be Sunday, July 17th at 2pm at my house in Park Hills. I'll have as many chairs set up as possible either outside or in the garage (depending on the temperature) and we will conduct our meeting there. To be on the safe side, you may want to bring your own lawn chairs. We will be eating....either BarBQ or.......well, I'm not sure, but I promise there will be food. I may call a few of you and ask ya to bring something small. Does ANYONE have a problem with this? Please, let me know ASAP! It will be a good time.

MEETING: SUNDAY, JULY 17 @ 2PM

When will we be having a meeting on our neck of the woods? I am sure some of us MCS guys would like one close to our house also. Just wondering.
Steve "Duck" LaGarce

Well, seeing as how none of the MCS guys have been to a meeting in who knows how long (even the ones in your neck of the woods.......with a few exceptions), it seems crazy for us to drive alllllllllll that way for a meeting. Maybe the August meeting will be closer that direction, if I have DEFINITE commitment that you guys will be there (and I mean commitment from a majority of the MCS guys). Gas prices are OUTRAGEOUS right now and the majority of the members who do show up are from "our neck of the woods". Just doesn't make sense to drive that far when you guys don't show. Bob seems to show up no matter where the meetings are and I TRULY appreciate that.

Goody list:

I'll try to keep an updated list of who is bringing what to the meeting. If you want to bring something, give me a call or pm me and let me know what you are bringing.

So far,
Bob - Hot dogs, hot dog buns, and some chips
LD - Potato Casserole (w/NO onions:D) and something sweet
Shannon - fruit roll-up undies :eek:

I know, I know, it's not a very long list yet, but it's a start! :D

If Shannon wears the undies

If Shannon wears the undies i will be there and bring a case of White Castle jalopeno cheese burgers for him :D :D :D. I am gonna try to be there, i might have news for everyone for a possible corporate sponsor.

Hartman Racing #343

Butch, are you gonna be at Doe Run tonight? If so, you can talk to Shannon or myself about the corporate sponsor information you were asking about. If not, give me or Shannon or LD a call and we'll explain things to ya. That would be easier than posting it on here. See ya soon.....................................

FaithfulFan said:
Well, seeing as how none of the MCS guys have been to a meeting in who knows how long (even the ones in your neck of the woods.......with a few exceptions), it seems crazy for us to drive alllllllllll that way for a meeting. Maybe the August meeting will be closer that direction, if I have DEFINITE commitment that you guys will be there (and I mean commitment from a majority of the MCS guys). Gas prices are OUTRAGEOUS right now and the majority of the members who do show up are from "our neck of the woods". Just doesn't make sense to drive that far when you guys don't show. Bob seems to show up no matter where the meetings are and I TRULY appreciate that.
You are exactly right! Gas prices are outrageous, for us too!!!!! Maybe if the meetings were one there one here and so on we would come ALLLLLLLL the way there. Second thing is maybe the MCS guys would drive down there if we actually had a meeting agenda!!!!! let everyone know what we are going to be discussing ahead of time. So far all I heard about the meetings are that it was a pizza eating contest and a underware modeling session!
As for why I have got out of racing had alot to do with my family but also I feel this organization is going nowhere. I can honestly say we have gotten NO support from you guys for MCS. We have 1 sponsor compared to 5 last year. WHAT HAVE YOU REALLY DONE FOR US AT MCS????? Not taking away from Shannon, as he is an awesome person, but that is all we hear about from you guys! There are several others out there working just as hard and getting no recognition!

Well, I personally don't feel the need to have a meeting every month...especially right now since there isn't really anything to discuss. However, the by-laws state that we must have a monthly meeting (maybe this should be changed). I'm sorry if I can't just pull something out of my *** to discuss, but that's the breaks!!!!!
And they were one here, one there (at first). I'll tell you what we will be discussing at the next meeting: NOTHING!!!! We will probably talk about the posters and that's about it, or I"ll try to think of something we can talk about...like MONEY! Yes, Duck, this organization is going nowhere...I'm glad you see that. If you guys want more sponsors, HELP GET THEM!!!! I have talked to many, many people about it. You want 5 sponsors................SO DO I!!!!! Well, all of the bigger payout races have been at MCS, all of the RAMS giveaways have been at MCS. What do you want me to do? I said when I took this that I would come when I could but I WOULD NOT miss my brother race on Saturdays (you know, FAMILY). Shannon is not all you hear about. Can he help it that his friends post on the board alot?

IS IT NOVEMBER YET?????????????????????????????????????????

Well the larger payout races were at MCS because the sponsor for that race wanted it there. I am sure if you guys had anything to do about it it would have been at DRR. The only support came from the give-aways. The only time we see any of the DRR guys is for the BIG money races.

Well, let's turn this around, how many of the MCS guys have been to Doe Run??? I can't really think of any but I don't hear any of the Doe Run regulars complaining. With the exception of a select few, it looked like the MCS guys couldn't even support themselves. Not even half way through the season and all of a sudden all of the cars/trucks seemed to go up for sale. And now you want to complain that the Doe Run guys aren't supporting MCS?

As far as the meetings, the one meeting that we had in Bridgeton, Bob, Brian and Kurt I believe were the only guys from up that way that showed up. And then at the next meeting at Pizza Hut in Festus it was discussed about having the next meeting up there and Bob was the only one that was going to be there, so it was decided to have the meeting down here instead. I know for a fact that Crystal has been struggling to come up with enough material to discuss in each meeting but she still comes up with something. It's easy for you guys to get on here and critisize but I haven't exactly seen any suggestions from anyone else for things that they think needs to be discussed.

Now, you can attack me if you want but you'll be wasting your time because I really don't care what most people on here think of me. I'll admit that there are only a select few RAMS members that I support and I don't intend to change anytime soon.

Have a nice day! :)

Not to stir the pot but I was at the Bridgeton meeting also. Your are correct Wings we did have some cars go up for sale but they were bought and stayed at MCS and we picked up a few more and now we are running a similar count to DRR. Which I think is great because Ministocks are new to this area. This has been a transition year for the RAMS we have new leadership and a new format. Then gas goes through the roof. I don't think anyone can be expected to make a 3 hour haul to race if they can race close to home. There is allot of passion for racing in this group but we always make it look like a soap opera to the outsiders. Crystal did a nice thing offering to have the meeting at her house and we somehow make it a big ordeal.

Sorry that I missed you Jack. And I'll admit that MCS has had a better car count this season than I thought that it might and happy for you guys that it's worked out that way. I just don't like the fact that a few want to attack the ones down here for not supporting MCS except for the higher paying shows when they haven't made so much as one race down here. I understand that it might be a rush to get ready after work and drive all the way down here on a Friday night but don't critisize somebody else for not committing a full day (by the time you make gear changes and/or repairs) of their weekend to come all the way up there to race on a Saturday night. Good Luck to you this weekend.

When I said support from DRR that was meant towards our officers down there! I am not turning this into DRR vs MCS. Why would we race down there, there is no "Big" shows down there. Wingsrock I have nothing against you, so I dont know why you are bashing me! But thats cool, there is enough to go around! I do believe however we had a couple drivers last year make the trip to the rock to support you guys! What I am getting at is EVERYTHING revolves around you guys down south. What ever you guys want that is how it goes!

FaithfulFan said:
All I wanted to know was when are we having a meeting in our neck of the woods and I got a smart azz explanation as to why they are not in our neck of the woods. a simple lets talk about it would have been fine. Thats why it turned out to be lilke this!

Duck...you have the Vice President of the RAMS at MCS every week. We have the President at ours every week....What is your real problem...The RAMS is not about one person, it's about a group of people..so when you ask what have the RAMS done for you....Well heck have you done your part..What have you done "AS A RAMS MEMBER"...I'm not saying I'm a better member but I'm not crying on here. As for as sponsors...So we only have one this year....i'm fine with that..not in it to get rich right? We have a change of officers this year. Kind of a rebuild year.

And it all goes our way and about us boys down south? It's all about us? We had a traveling series before you and gave that up and didn't even try for one this year so YOU could support your track EVERY WEEK. We held our end of that deal up...How about you? Not saying you have to race every week I know....but you're the one on here throwing the stones so.

You sold your car and got out so just walk away if you don't like this..

And as far a the meeting crap...i'm not going for it.. Wings and Jack are right. We had some up there with more of us southern boys there than MCS and then some down here. And the Festus meeting there were MCS guys there. We were setting up the next meeting for up north..Your Bro's sat there letting us set up the next meeting up north knowing they wouldn't be there and at the last minute Marty asked who would be at the next meeting and Bob was pretty much it. So they would of let us set it up for up north then drive all the way up there to have a meeting of the southern boys...now ask your self, does that make sense if it was the other way around?

Bill I did plenty for the FU***** RAMS. I have supplied half the field here at MCS, like you did at one time. I sold the second most raffle tickets for the raffle truck. I got a corp. sponsor last year. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since you want to be a prick to me, answer that question!!!!!!!!!!!! I already told you I have nothing against you but I guess you do. I honestly cant believe you took this personal when all I asked was when was the next meeting going to be in our neck of the woods and I got a smart azz reply back. I am not allowed to defend myself? I guess I was wrong to think we were friends but hey look at you signature "I didnt come to make friends...I brought mine with me."
You are right, If I am not happy then leave. I sold my car and trailer because of family and stuff like this. So thats all I have to say It was nice meeting "SOME" of you but you know when you are not needed nor liked! SO LONG, GOOD BUY!!!!

Back