Melvin Sweeps MVN

mustang

topdog123
Staff member
104 cars, LMS Melvin was fast time 13:255, won the heat won the dash & the feature.Faust was second,Faust and John seets put a battle on the whole feature.Hammerlee 4th with Bobby Melvin rounding out the top five. Mevert won mod feature, Harrison lead mod race, until final lap, broke a upper control arm. SBLM, won by Jeff sloan. The track was very, very fast tonight, too fast for some of the drivers

Hmmm, I had heard that Melvin got second in his heat race. I was told that he was black flagged for the second week in a row at Mt. Vernon for rough driving - this time for spinning Dave Eaves. I was told that he was able to come from the back of the heat to finish second though.

Just wondering if I was informed wrong or if it was an inaccuracy in your reporting.

Thanks.

You are correct Burwellfan. Rodney was sent to the back for spinning Eaves and did finish 2nd in the heat. He also made a rare apperance up to the stands (well the flag stand) as he let the flag man know who's track he was at.

i didnt make it to the races last night, could someone please tell me the "real" results? we have 2 different results here.......as far as the "who's track he was at" comment.....Please remember that there are 3 track owners there.....

Burwellfan and Dirthound why don't you get all the story before you start making you crap posts. Now for the real story. Rodney did get sent to the back but this time the call was wrong. The flagman last night had his head were the Sun don't shine. Besides the wrong call with Rodney he left Joe Morris on the track stalled for 4 laps before finally bringing the yellow out and several other calls and decisions that were very wrong. I'm not just a fan I have been in that very flag stand and know what happens so it was a night were the flagman just didn't have it together.
Back to the Melvin incident I talked to Dave Eaves after the incident and Dave himself said that he got sideways and out of shape that is was not caused by Rodney.Rodney did hit him but it was after he had lost controll and Rodney had no place to go and that the tap in Eaves words was just a racing thing. As far as Rodney finishing second that was one of the most impressive drives that I have ever seen.Started dead last and at the checker was only the nose piece behind Eaves at the finish. Passing several good drivers including Billy Faust and 360 Seets both very good drivers. As far as Rodney visiting the flagstand my have been the wrong thing to do but what driver won't when the wrong call was made. Rodney is not the only driver to do that have seen it before. Rodney has become a very good driver has earned more respect than he is given. The mistake last night was the flagmans and not Rodney's. If you would have been there you would have seen him work his way back to the front in the feature with out any rough driving passing 360 Seets and Faust both very good drivers. In fact I tough Seets was going to be able to hold him off as he did a very good job of driving himself.
Just to let you know I'm not a Melvin fan I'm a racing fan and don't like to see any driver have a call made against him that is wrong. Flagman make mistakes just like any one I made them too just don't start bad mouthing a driver until you really know what happened. This sport has drivers that get very close to each other on a very short track and contact it going to happen if one driver just makes a little mistake.
As far as you all call Mt.Vernon , Mt.Melvin I guess that could be right he has won a lot at that track but he has won it by racing to the win not just given the when. I would say you could talk to most of the latemodel drivers and they would tell you Melvin has won his race fair and not just be given them.
Just remember this is a sport to enjoy and all drivers should get a thankyou from us in stead of a kick in the back side cause you don't care for him. Treat all driver fairly and far the show that they give us. There spending there money to ,to put the show on far us.

Thanks to all drivers far putting on a show far all of us to enjoy.

I am not surprised about him being black flagged. He ran over a late model at Godfrey friday also. Lets see that three nights in a row. BUT IT CANT BE RODNEY. ITS EVERYONE ELSE PICKING ON THAT INNOCENT SOUL!

I will no longer root for him.

well i guess it was about 3 weeks ago all the rces on friday and saturday nights were rained out in like a 4 state area! Frankie went to mt.vernon sunday night and was running really well and was ahead of melvin and melvin just knocked him outa the way! then in the feature frankie kept trying to pass him and melvin would slam him he finally got tired of frankie trying to pass him so he just totally crushed frankie and totally tore up the whole right side of the car! That is totally uncalled 4! i dont care who's track it is you dont do that top someone! That is one of the rreasons frankie quit running at mt.vernon! Because elvin gets away with 2 much! He is a good driver, but he wont get my respect till he can race everyone clean!

I could have sworn that Martin quit racing at Mt. Vernon when Burwell was winning all the time! You know, you people never cease to amaze me, several years ago i listened to everyone b**** & moan about Burwell winning all the time. People called him names, cussed him & everything else. Now, it's Rodney's turn. I guess Rick, you can't win for losing buddy, they picked at Burwell when you had a piece of his car & now Rodney!!! Oh well, race & be happy about the way you do things & don't pay attention to these people who don't have anything better to do with their time than complain!!

Ok Just One Question Whats The Big Thing About The Owners At Mt Vernon ? And Now A Comment Ok Now Everyone Is Bashing Melvin Who Will It Be In Say Umm Two Weeks From Now Inquiring Minds Want To Know.have A Good Day

BEE0001 Which one of us are you calling a liar me or Eaves as stated Rodney didn't take him out it was a racing thing. It is dump ****** like you who just want to start things that is ruining a great sport. I don't know what happen Friday and really don't care but as far as last night Rodney didn't deserve the flag and the flagman was wrong. If you can't stand the true being posted on the incident then just keep you mouth shut until you can read the complete post and find out what the true is. So who is the liar I can tell you one thing it isn't me and it isn't Eaves.

Melvin is fast, but he can be dirty. When things arent going his way he acts like a spoiled 10 year old kid. If u deny this then you're an ignorant fool. Bottom line.

dirt hound said:
ok it mt sarge ain't that sean2

Nah... I think Mt. Melvin has a better ring to it. :D They sure pissed off "The Sarge" last night! :eek:

I dont know why some of you people get get mad when someone calls it Mt. Melvin ????? If "The Sarge" is your favorite you should take it as a compliment!!!!! :confused:

And for the record he didnt sweep, he finished 2nd in the heat! I will say it was a pretty impressive run!

Racersedge, I see by all of your prior posts that you are unbiased in regards to Melvin-NOT. Look at the negative posts about other drivers and compare them to Melvins. He has more than all other drivers combined. he needs help from people like you but I will let you in on a little secret-its not helping. Most people dont like Melvin and that wont change until he does.

By the way there is a rumor that next years UMP banquet will be held in Melvins basement!!!

Racersedge - Crap Posts? Take your own advice. If you would take the time to read my post, I was simply asking if what I was told was correct or if the information that was posted by mustang was the real deal.

I believe the whole point of the first few replies to this thread was to find out what really happened and the true results of the night at Mt. Vernon --- not to get a whole Rodney bashing thread going. I think we've all had enough of that.

Hey Do You All Remember The Track They Called Seets Speedway It Was In Godfrey Illinois You Would Go And Watch This Guy Named John Seets He Would Win All The Time People Use To ***** Moan And Groan Swore The Man Owned The Track Lol Mt Melvin Where Did That Name Come From He Wins Andis A Partner Of The Track How Cool Its The Officials Calls Not The Owner Come On By The Way John Just Kicked *** He Never Owned Godfrey Melvin Is A Good Driver Who Cares If He Owns The Track Every Driver Drives Like A Idiot Once In A While Even On The Street

first of all Where did the rumor come from that Rodney owns Mt. Vernon? and for you bee00001, you need to quit spreading rumors.......and i hope they do have to banquet in the melvin's basement, i wont have far to go....lol...that is the most ignorant thing that i have ever heard.....this crap gets started every year...you know, i think i will just laugh about all this crap like rodney, rick and all the other people you guys bash on here.....like it was said eariler, when burwell was winning people talked about him, people talk about english because he wins all the time....man, find something better to do.....one more thing, i think that would be a great honor to have a track named after you....lol.....maybe since i am related to rodney, i will start racing and people can say "she just wins because is related to rodney" give me a break!!!!!!!1

Back