Melvin wins Benton Mo.

topdog123

Rodney made a clean sweep tonight at Benton Mo. Good job Rodney!

The track will probably send something later, but here's how late models crossed the line (assuming they all made weight): 1. Melvin, 2. Ed Dixon, 3. Brian Wolfmeier, 4. Jim Morrison, 5. Billy James, 6. Justin Anderson. I think Charles LaPlant might have been 7th, Nathan Rettig was getting lapped on the final lap and finished about 8th.

Joey Mack and Tony Boyles probably would've been near the front, but they both dropped out. 18 late models started the feature out of about 21 that signed in.

In modifieds, Rich Whaley started on the first row and led all 20 laps. Chris Hall was a couple of car-lengths behind in second. It was an unexpected finish because the caution and checkered came out at the same time for Mark Clary's spin in turns 3-4, so there were some cars slowing and some not slowing at the flag stand. Still, I don't think the order would have changed one way or the other regardless of the caution-checkered finish. There was a car-length or two between the leaders.

Brent Thompson was third, Ken Schrader fourth, Scott Riggs fifth. Greg Clark pulled off early in the Dirt Works house car. Scott Weber was in the top 3 when he pulled off on lap 11. Rusty Griffaw was running in the top 3 when he and Pat Davidson wrecked late in the race. Kart Hartung also looked strong early before pulling off.

I think 26 mods signed in, so there was a B-main to set up the feature field. Gary Jarvis won the B-main.

Aug. 13th results

Here are some of the results from Aug.13th waiting on the full run down.

LATEMODELS

01. Rodney Melvin
02. Ed Dixon
03. Brian Wolfmeier
04. Jim Morrison
05. Billy James

MODIFIEDS

01. Rich Whaler
02. Chris Hall
03. Brent Thompson
04. Kenny Schrader
05. Scott Riggs