Memorial For Millsey At The Rock

BVT

Earnhardt Fan Forever
I found the perfect fitting Memorial for Millsey:

Gray Granite Park Style Bench ..........with the following: "Engraved"......

In Memory of Jeff Mills *Millsey / picture of Millsey Checkered Flags, Editor and Publisher of the Drivers Seat on it that is all this and delivered to Fredericktown Race Way / set up for $900.00.

Josh and I *(Fresh and Clean Restrooms) are buying the Red Dogwood Tree to go behind the bench ourselves so all I am asking for in donations is to cover the bench itsself.

*I have $115.00 that LD has so far collected. Tracy is taking care of the rest of the donations.

So, I ask again .............please give from your heart to this cause. Millsey was always there for all of us .........lets be there now for him in Memory!!!

Kathy

The 50/50 we had raised $80 for it. We had the bucket at the concession windows for donations and collected a whoppin $4.10, so KEEP THOSE DONATIONS COMING!!!

Tomorrow's 50/50 will be dedicated to this again and hopefully we'll raise another great amount.

Thanks everyone so much for your help, it's really appreciated!

Here Is Where We Stand On Millseys Bench

Here is where we stand on Millseys Bench:

LD has collected: $420.00 and turned over to me.

We have a balance of $480.00 to collect yet.

I am asking please contact me for your donations and in asking all donations are being kept private. Due to the fact some did not want their amounts revield and I respect that.

I would like to have the $480.00 paid by the end of August so we can get the bench in place by Labor Day.

As much as Millsey did for all of us please give from your heart on this. He poured his heart and soul into the Driver Seat each month and this is all we can give to him in return of how much we enjoyed the little paper.

Plus with this we can all enjoy "sitting and bsin' with Jeff" everytime we go to the Rock.

Kathy Campbell
PO Box 109
Belleview MO 63623

Tracy has $166.10 so balance is: $313.90

Tracy has $166.10 so balance is: $313.90 ............

Woohoo!!! We are getting closer!!!

I have had several friends and family members ask me about the status of the memorial bench for my brother. I told them I had no clue and had not heard from anyone about it. Can someone please update?

I have donated to the memorial and was also wondering what the updated plan may have been. Marty Boyer

We donated as well . Can anyone give us an UPDATE on when this might happen? Any information would be appreciated.....

I donated money as well and have heard nothing. I donated in good faith with respect to Millsey's memory and to show respect to his family. Shame on the people involved for not getting the job done and not bothering to at least update everyone! This is especially true in regards to his family! You people involved read this board. There is no excuse for letting everyone hang in the balance. You started this, now finish it!

I'm not involved, BUT.....

I am not and was not involved in this process of getting Jeff's memorial bench but I do know that the bench IS done and was delivered to the track (several weeks ago.....after the track closed for the season). I believe that Curley is going to "set" the bench (I assume in some concrete or something) after some construction is done at the track. I THINK there will be a memorial service next year after the track opens. Again, I was not involved but I have talked to Kat a few times and she has told me a few things here and there. I think the track closing down early this season really put a damper on the memorial service and everything. If I talk to Kat I'll see what else I can find out. All I do know for SURE is that the bench was delivered.

Im sorry everyone is asking questions and the only answer i have for you is the bench was done and delivered to the track. Curley said he didnt know anything about it being delivered so he wanted to put it in a safe place until he can pour concrete. He has his own idea of where he wants to put it. I apoligise for those that feel like you were left hanging. Kat and myself got the money collected and she got the bench done and it is now in Curleys hands........ Thanks, and be patient just like im trying to be.... LD :)

The memorial bench was deliverd to the track and is being protected until concrete can be formed and poured under the tower. It is a beautiful granite bench and needs to be properly installed. For those that donated, I would be happy to show it to on Saturday evening. We WILL definately have a special memorial service for Jeff in '08. and also a grand opening and ribbon cutting. I look at the '07 season as a trial and error season. And '08 will be a great new year. Don't forget about Saturday night. Hope to see you there.
Anne

Back