Michael McDowell crashed

dirt4me

harkins #39
he had a bad crash at taxes speedway pratice.

I just seen that.. The COT did its job, I thought it would never stop rolling, but to see him get out without a scratch, he was one lucky dude...

wow

o yeah qualifying,but man that was one of the worst iv seen and he walked away like he didnt even wreck,wow

WoW no doubt the worst I've seen in nascar. I guess I can say great job nascar on developing a VERY SAFE racecar. Hasn't been the best racing, but that just changed my thinking of the COT. I think he will still feel that tomorrow though.

That Wall Impact Was Deadly. Its Amazing How Guys Can Walk Away From Some Wrecks That Look Horrific. Then Guys Like The Intimidator Parrish In Wrecks That Don't Really Look That Bad. This Guy Was Very Lucky.

That was the worst ive seen in along time. Head on into the wall then rolling and rolling and...ok you seen the video lol. COT sure did its job. And he came out of the incare center still able to remember what happened.

I have to agree with the last poster. I watched the Bodine wreck live and couldn't speak for several minutes. What scared me the most about McDowell's wreck is the eerie similarities between that and Earnhardt's wreck. The rookie might have been going faster when he hit. Thank God for soft walls.

Bill

thats the first thing that came to my mind was dale sr's wreck hats off to NASCAR for building the safest car the could the cot has been put to the test and pasted each time im very glad he's ok

if ya all aint never seen mikies wreck back in the 80s then u aint seen $$$$ittt,,,on yahoo nascar they are questioning wether he is qualified to be in a cup car,,my way of thinkin is there are 2 guys named walace out there that could give the 00 rice burner a much better ride,,,,just my thoughts,if i make some one mad,,,GOOD!!!!

The Mikey crash was without a dought bad. Did you know the next weekend that same crash happened at St. Charles Speedway? I do not remimber who it was but almost as bad. Thank god for the safty equment in racing.

Earnhart's crash might have had a lot to do with his seat belt's beening to old (One broke in the crash) & being too loose? Just his time to go. Safty has changed alot in the past 10 years though.

Waltrips car would not have broke in two had the proper tubing been used. Thin wall tubing was used to build that racecar.

Back