Mid America Racing Series (M.A.R.S.) Heads To I-44 Speedway This Saturday

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Batesville, Arkansas (May 30, 2007) – The Mid America Racing Series (M.A.R.S.) will return to action this Saturday night, June 2nd at I-44 Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri with a $3,000 To Win/$500 To Start 40 lap event.

The M.A.R.S. tour was last in action on Sunday night at I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Nebraska for a non-points event, and current M.A.R.S. point’s leader, Al Purkey from Coffeyville, came away with the feature win over a very talented field of 66 cars.

Purkey will lead his fellow Martians into battle this Saturday night at I-44 Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri. Other drivers, who are expected to possibly be in action this weekend include 2006 M.A.R.S. Champion, Bill Frye (Arkansas), Jack Sullivan (Arkansas)Terry Phillips (Missouri), Will Vaught (Missouri), Steve Rushin (Missouri), Joey Mack (Missouri), Billy James (Missouri), Brandon McCormick (Missouri), Jeremy Payne (Missouri), John Anderson (Nebraska) and many more.

The M.A.R.S. tour last visited I-44 Speedway a few weeks ago, and it was local hotshoe, Brad Looney from Republic, Missouri picking up the win. Looney will lead a very strong contingent of local drivers into battle against the M.A.R.S. competitors this weekend.

Gates at I-44 Speedway open at 4:30 pm with hot laps at 6:45 pm, and racing action at 7:30 pm. I-44 Speedway is located on Interstate 44 at exit 135. Grandstand admission $17 for Adults, $5 for Juniors, and kids 12 and under are free. Wild side admission is $20. For more information, on I-44 Speedway, please visit www.MonettSpeedway.net

The M.A.R.S. tour is also proud to announce an addition to the 2007 schedule. A $3,000 to win/ $500 to start event has been added to the docket for Wednesday, July 4th at Mid America Speedway in Coffeyville, Kansas. This will mark the first time that M.A.R.S. has visited the facility. The event will be part of a busy week for the Mid America Racing Series with an event the night before on Tuesday, July 3rd at I-44 Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri, and an event on Saturday, July 7th at Lake Ozark Speedway in Lake Ozark, Missouri.

For more information on the series visit the official website of the Mid America Racing Series at www.midamericaracingseries.com.

Back