Mid Season Champ nite @ TCS

43pety

THE GRANITE ROCKET
Why would you invert the first 6 point leaders in the feature when they race every week do pill draw then half to pick a ping pong ball to tell them where they start in the feature, then on mid season nite invert the top 6 WHY??? I thought this was a no brainer. the point leaders should start in the front row by points all the way down to last.. The feature winner should get a trophy then the mid season champ in points should get one also if not the feature winner. are ya wit me on this?? I really dont understand this can this be cleared up by someone in higher controll in life than me??? Then it gets rushed though let every driver in all classes get out and let the crowed see the driver they love or hate at least give them credit for their tries.......TCS dont have a time limit to get out so let the drivers get their well deserved

It is next week what I am saying is that they want to invert the top 6 the point leaders will be starting 3rd row, I dont think that is right, this should be a heads up start point leaders should get the front row...

That is how Tri-City has always done it. I agree, everyone should line up by points, but that is the way they have done it and I am sure they will continue to do it that way............maybe.

This is the same way it was last year. They let the drivers know "before" they get to the track that this will be how it is. The drivers adjust accordingly. If you're in the top 6, and they invert you this way, it's alot better than inverting the entire field.

Frequently the field is very competative (at least in most of the classes), and the one's who start up front finish up front, there is very little working up from the middle or back of the field to get to the front. When it does occur at TCS, it has either occurred through "multiple wrecks", and the field is dimished, or the field thins out enough that the "better cars & drivers" can work their way to the front, and time only tells if they have enough laps to make it worth it. Starting with the straight invert for the top 6 will not cause them anymore difficulty than the pill draw, after the heats --- this way that at least know where they're starting, who'll be starting around them, and who they need to work past. It allows for alittle more consideration than just taking whatever comes down the pipe on Saturday.

I think it will be quite entertaining (for the fans) in all the classes for Mid-Season nite, and this way Krankel will get to start where he hasn't wanted to start since he's been winning the heats & dash (If you heard his dash interview this will be clear what I mean). It will require a little work to win Mid-Season. A little competition never hurts, and those victories are enjoyed more in the long run (when you have to work for it).

JMO

Just ta add fuel to the fire.......Why in the he!! should the top 6 in points have to race thier way in to the feature.......the top 6 should be automatically locked into the feature.....but hey thats my 2 cents........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Some Tracks Lock The Top 12. But Top Six Is Ok. But, Line Them Up By Points, Leader On The Pole. They Have Been There Supporting The Track All Year And Have Earned It. I Don't Think It Is Too Much To Do This Twice A Year On The Mid Season And Season Championship Nights.

Boo, why would Krankel--or anyone else--want to take the $100 when they can start on the pole for a $750 to win feature? Perhaps if they changed the option to starting 4th and increase the money a bit more guys would take the bait.

That being said, you have to take your hat off to J. Anderson for taking the money earlier in the season--and he still got 2nd that night.

Yes Brandon and I am sure if the track conditions are good enough for Justin to use all the track, he will take the $100 if he wins another dash and make another run for it.

it used to be the points leaders would start on the pole in the midseason and the season championships but now they have changed things, they still should run in there required heats and not be locked in but they fought for the points lead so they should start on the pole. why should the 6th place car start on the pole maybe the points leader should finish sixth in points at the season championship to start on the pole .

Brandon Paul said:
Boo, why would Krankel--or anyone else--want to take the $100 when they can start on the pole for a $750 to win feature? Perhaps if they changed the option to starting 4th and increase the money a bit more guys would take the bait.

That being said, you have to take your hat off to J. Anderson for taking the money earlier in the season--and he still got 2nd that night.
Man where you standing there when George interviewed krankel ? Almost words that he spoke. WAIT A MINUTE... Your Krankel in diguise arent you ?

Allied Locks 12 In And They Still Run The Heats. Just A Formality Though Most Kinda Save Their Cars For The Feature. I Think They Should Be Locked In. It Would Be Kinda Silly To Have A Championship Race And The Point Leader Have A Problem And Possibly Not Make The Show.

If ya invert 6 or 12 and the drivers know this ya think any sand bagen would be going on???

I think it would be cool to start the features by points, no invert. The heat races still award points so that's some incentive for guys to get after it.

Pat, did you find out what's up with your car man? Also Kenny Bell, Bradford? We need to get the car count up. I think only 7 or 8 finished Sat. night.

Hey Aaron we pulled the head today droppd 2 valves 2 pistons has holes in them block looks ok, Dnt know if we will be able to make it sat or not, Iwork 2nd shift it is kinda hard to get it in at the shop during the week. I have another motor ready to drop in but it wont be the same, it has a 1.6 head on it some say its better some say its not.. Bradford said that he might be there sat, Bell I dont know I think its finances.. Afew others should be there that wasnt there last sat nite.I guess I will get off fri nite at 11, and work all nite to get this running reall dont know what to do right now..

Ok I'm getting a little confused, how are the feature line ups going to be? Top 6 locked in and inverted or do they race into the feature, it is getting muddy on how it will be done. I thought the top 6 were locked and inverted but we we not there last year so I don't no for sure.

Back