"Midseason Hornet Havoc" @ Charleston Speedway ($700 to win $75 to start!!!)

Shaw18 Racing

St. Jacob Glass
I found this on 4M. This is a very good pay throughout the field!!:)

CHARLESTON SPEEDWAY
MIDSEASON HORNET HAVOC
SATURDAY JULY 26TH
$700 TO WIN
$75 TO START
30 LAPS
PIT PASS $30.00 ~ ENTRY FEE $20.00
ADULT GENERAL ADMISSION $12.00

PAYOUT
1ST………….$700
2ND…………$500
3RD…………$450
4TH…………$425
5TH…………$400
6TH………….$375
7TH………….$350
8TH………….$325
9TH…………..$300
10TH…………$275
11TH………….$200
12TH………….$175
13TH………….$150
14TH…………$125
15TH…………$100
16TH…………..$75
17TH…………..$75
18TH…………..$75
19TH…………..$75
20TH…………..$75
TOTAL PURSE…….$5,225

TAKE NOTICE: ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ROUGH DRIVING!

CHARLESTON SPEEDWAY
http://www.myspace.com/geocob

hey rob just would like to now why u and dave have not been racing the late model? will good luck in the hornets and the crates

hey rob just would like to now why u and dave have not been racing the late model? will good luck in the hornets and the crates

I have put my car up for the year. I have not received money that was promised by certain sponsors. So I have run out of funds to run the Late Model. Also my wife and I will be going to the hospital this Monday for a scheduled induction to have our first child together. I plan to work on more sponsorship over the winter and if all goes well hope to have the Late Model out more in 09’. I bought a race ready Saturn Hornet for $200 from David Pulley Jr. and will be racing part time the remainder of this season.
My brother Dave has only planed to run his Late Model part time this year and focus on a rookie year in 09’

ATTN: Highland Speedway will not be racing on July 26th!!!!
So this would be a good night for any Highland car to race at Charleston. Just make the feature and you can get your tow money back.:cool:

lets see i know im not good at math but it pay $75 to start right but there is $30 pit pass ,$20 entry thats $50 so it only going to cost you $25 to tow your car there and back

lets see i know im not good at math but it pay $75 to start right but there is $30 pit pass ,$20 entry thats $50 so it only going to cost you $25 to tow your car there and back

There is no reason that any Highland car could not get a top ten at this race. Have a little confidence in yourselves people!!:)

Here are directions from Highland:

111 mi (about 2 hours 0 mins)
1. Head east on Broadway/Broadway Rd/SR-160 toward Poplar St 322 ft
2. Turn left at Poplar St/SR-160
Continue to follow Poplar St 0.7 mi
3. At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto SR-143/SR-160/US-40
Continue to follow US-40 3.3 mi
4. Turn right to merge onto I-70 E toward Effingham 67.8 mi
5. Take exit 98 on the left for I-87 N toward Chicago 0.6 mi
6. Merge onto I-57 N 25.5 mi
7. Take exit 190A for SR-16 E toward Charleston 0.4 mi
8. Merge onto SR-16 12.2 mi
9. Turn left at Highway 2000e 361 ft
10. Turn left 479 ft

here are some of the basic rules off the top of my head!

front two tires must match size wise
rear tires must match size wise
no locked trannys
three working breaks "both rear and on front of your choice"
you are allowed to run offsets
window net
fuel cut off switch behind driver
safe cage!!
fire suit
five point
allowed headers and cold air
no msd or chips
no turbos or supers
they will be checking for all the safety stuff!!
pretty much the same as most tracks!

last no shaws!! there just to fast lol jk

hope everyone can make it down should be alot of fun!! and with the great paydown there is no reason for rough drivering!!

jesse leo

Friday, July 25, 2008

U.M.P HORNET RULES

2008 U.M.P. HORNET RULES

CHARLESTON SPEEDWAY

1. Any four cylinder car with a maximum wheel base of 113" and a complete stock body, frame and suspension. No bracing allowed except inside the drivers compartment dash. Steering and pedals must remain stock for that make and model. All interior materials such as seats, headliners, panels, plastics, etc. must be removed. All glass, mirrors, hood ornaments, door handles, etc. must be removed.

2. Ignition - (stock) - may be checked for after market chip.

3. Stock carburetor and fuel system for that make and model only. No turbo's

4. Battery may be inside but must be securely mounted and enclosed with boat battery box.

5. Stock, unaltered rear end for that make/model.

***NO LOCKED DIFFERENTIALS***

You will be disqualified!

6. Passenger tires only. No 60 series tires unless year/make/model issued factory stock 60 series tires. No wide ovals, snow or mud tires. Wheels must be 13, 14, 15 inch or stock and may be reinforced. Thirty pound air pressure minimum. Front two and back two tires must match.

7. Stock transmission for that make/model.

8. It is strongly recommended that stock gas tanks are replaced with a fuel cell or boat tank. If your car shows up to the track with a stock gas tank, the safety inspector or promoter may ask you to replace it with a fuel cell or boat tank before you are allowed to race again.

9. Driver's side door must be welded or chained shut, passenger side door must open. Driver side door plates strongly recommended.

10. Mandatory: Third brake light must remain intact and operable. If year, make, and model of your car does not come with a third light from the factory, every attempt to install one must occur. If for some reason you cannot install one, the safety inspector may issue a waiver to you. Car horn must work!

11. Racing seat, five point racing belts, complete fire suit, window net, racing helmet and 2lb. fire extinguisher are mandatory.

12. Full four post roll cage must be used. Must have a minimum of three door bars in driver and passenger door. Kicker okay extending to the REAR of the car only. (One bar per side)

13. Radiator must be in stock position.

14. Electric fuel pumps must be hooked on ignition switch.

15. Stock intake for that make/model only.

16. May use removable steering wheel.

17. Car number should be at least 24" tall on sides of door and top of roof. Numbers on top of roof should be read from the passengers side of car. (Numbers read from scoring tower should not appear upside down from the front stretch.)

18. It is the responsibility of the driver to prepare their car free of defects and to be in safe racing condition. All decisions of the safety inspector and/or promoter are final.

19. Three windshield bars mandatory.

20. Loop bars up front are allowed for wrecker hook-up.

21. Car claim - $500. Claimer must finish on the lead lap and can only claim one time per year.

I got this from 4M.net for this race::cool:

The K9 team will be there BUTT doing the COH thing so no racing for us..

Just remember there will be some out of town cars!!! We are doing the COH night and we have some extra stuff for one of the HORNET DRIVERS in the FEATURE RACE... DEAL IS YOU MUST HAVE A COH STICKER ON YOUR CAR TO BE ABLE TO WIN THE AWARD PRICE... SO MAKE SURE YOU FIND US AND BUY ONE/// STREET STOCK HAS $50.00 HARD CHARGER GOING OUT TO THEM IN THE FEATURE I HAVE GOT NOTHING YET FOR THE MODS SORRY WERE STILL TRYING TO GET SOME ONE TO DONATE SOMETHING.... Good luck to every body Sat night see ya them and bring money for your stickers!!!!!!!!!!!

Its for the kidz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back