Mike Clemente's Photos from I-55 Raceway's Play Day!

Thanks for getting me started Jimmy.
I never tried to post images here before but now that you have led me through it I should be able to post most of what I shoot

Thanks again

Mike Clemente

No it means nothing other than I have a camera and like taking racing photos.
I hope to show up at the track on a regular basis but i'm not sure I can work it out.

Mongomeryfan, What dos it mean 'No pro-4 Pictures?' Is the car number you are looking for #4?
There are a few Prostock Cars with the #4 on them. IMG_5568 is one. There is one of a different #4 a few images earlier.
Honestly, I just started shooting anything that was on the track and didn't pay attention to car Numbers that much.
It was my test and tue day as well. I shot about 300 photos in 2 hours.
I digress.......

Well... just for the sake of arguing... I'm gonna assume you are back anyway! Hope to see you often!

Ok, That's it Joe, the Gloves are off.... :D .

I was taking pictures of the fall colors back in October in Castlewood State park and some 'nut job' almost ran me off the road... It was Sloppy Joe.
I didn't expect to see anybody I know there.

Now People are going to think I'm some sort of a Green Peace nut or something.

The Funny thing is that as soon as you left, I ran into my old boss while he was riding his bike. I heard a distant 'Mike', so I turned around to see if it was Joe, but to my surprise is was another face I hadn't seen in years.

I haven't been back to castlewood park since.

Mike Clemente

MikeC said:
Mongomeryfan, What dos it mean 'No pro-4 Pictures?' Is the car number you are looking for #4?
There are a few Prostock Cars with the #4 on them. IMG_5568 is one. There is one of a different #4 a few images earlier.
Honestly, I just started shooting anything that was on the track and didn't pay attention to car Numbers that much.
It was my test and tue day as well. I shot about 300 photos in 2 hours.
I digress.......

I think he wasn't talking about a car number. He was referring to the 4 cylinder class not having any pictures. 300 photos in 2 hours is a lot especially considering one class was forgotten.

Nice pics though.

Nice car count for zero purse

Looks like I-55 had almost as many LMs for a play day as some area tracks average for their weekly races.

Good to hear that you may be back taking pictures again even though it may not be on a regular basis.

HEY MIKE HOPE TO SEE YOU AROUND. I WISH YOU WERE THE TRACK PHOTO GUY AGAIN! I MISS THOSE DEALS YOU USED TO GIVE ME. AS A MATTER OF FACT, I HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING OTHER THAN A 4"X6" SINCE. I HAD TO TALK THE GAL AT I55 INTO SELLING ME THE LAST COUPLE JR. FAN CLUB PICS OF MY BOY LAST YEAR. SHE SAID THEY WERE THE LAST ONES AND I'D HAVE TO ORDER THEM.... :D I UNDERSTAND THAT RULES ON THE REGULAR CAR PICS. BUT, THESE WERE OF MY BOY. I ASKED HER "WHO'S GONNA COME BUY PICS OF MY KID"? :eek: SHE FINALLY SOLD THEM TO ME.....:D NOT TO MENTION, YOU GET THE CAR CENTERED IN MOST OF THE SHOTS!:cool:

Did I hear correctly that Mike is back :eek: :D Sorry I missed you. But you have been missed for several years, we'd love to see you back !

Lisa

Back