Ministock for sale

duckhunter330

Steve "Duck" LaGarce
#330 Chevette ministock is for sale. this car used to be Buckley's old car. This car is currently 5th in RAMS points and 6th @ MCS. Car has a fresh Head, new holley 350 carb, new lifters, new pushrods. The motor has about 180 lbs of compression. I am asking 1,800 for it. This car is turn key, all you need to do to go racing is buy it. duckhunter330@aol.com or call 314-443-5806. Steve

after the spankin ya'll got from those two rams fellas
last night,ya'll oughta take a second look at this rams racer :eek: :eek:

Look Another Trouble Maker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Brucie, But theres Nothing wrong with RAMS members And Theres Nothing wrong with the Doe Run Guys............... THERE ALL MINI STOCKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Junebugs #1 Fan said:
Sorry Brucie, But theres Nothing wrong with RAMS members And Theres Nothing wrong with the Doe Run Guys............... THERE ALL MINI STOCKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Goodness, you have misread what i had written. I have met several of the guys from both places and found them all to be very nice. I just meant that the rams fellows seem to have better racer cars. i must admit i thought it was very strange when the one rams fellow began to howl at the moon.im sorry if i offended anyone with my opinion.

if i was a bettin' man...i would bet that one of those rams fellas was legal and the other was not....brucie, brucie, brucie you is so funny....LOL....if you know both doe run fellas and rams fellas you would know that they don't have the same rules....Brucie, Howard Stern, and Aunt Jemima...maybe Millsey...maybe Bad Bob?????????????????

que pasa said:
Hey The Dictator

How about Bud_Man_8,little 302,Wes90,and que pasa.

what pick the one out of there that just ain't right? the one that is a little ....uh different? ok i pick que poopy.

what did i win?

Not Offended!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf ran a Great race, Shannon was right there on his bumper, and so was everyone else.................. You got on here trying to say that no one had nothing for them................ The race I watched EVERYONE ran a good race....................... Getting on Doe Runs Forum and saying "after the spankin ya'll got from those two rams fellas", in my opinion is "Bashing" Just because someone is a RAMS member, There all MINISTOCK DRIVERS................... RAMS is an organization NOT a car......................... ALL the MINISTOCK DRIVERS DO a GREAT JOB...................... And I'd like to say GREAT job Wolf................. And to everyone that raced last nit it was a great race.

Rams Mini Stocks verses Doe Run

We the drivers of Doe Run Mini stocks realize that we dont have motor that the Rams members and that really they aint legal at our track but you know that you have that at every track someone has more money than sence. This class was made up for low price racing (red neck racing) but thats what happen to the hobbie stocks at farmington look at them. Use to be able to gut it and cage it and go racing now you are lucky if ya don't 5,000.00 are more for the motor. We need to stick to our guns (rules) and make this a fun class if you want more power go to the mod four class. If not bring back the stock motor and lets see who the drivers are. And this aint just my opion there are others that feel the same way just ask them if they got the back bone.

In some ways I agree with you Phil, but there's not a RAMS mini stock out there that has $5,000 in the engine. We joke and kid with Wolf about how much he spends on his cars, but he's not any where near that figure. In fact, some of us have basically stock motors and we run right with any and alll of our other members. Where most of the RAMS get their advantage in a lot of situations is simply time spent with the cars and trucks. The day of being able to park your car following the end of the races on Friday and Saturday night and then just doing very basic repairs just to get it back on the track the next week is long gone. These guys work on their cars/trucks virtually every night because the competition level has been pushed. On the average do I think the RAMS guys spend more $$$$ on their vehicles than the Doe Run guys, absolutely. But I sure don't think they should be criticized for caring about their vehicle's appearance, performance and their overall sport. Like I said, I totally agree with you about sticking to our guns on the rules and not letting it get out of hand. Right now there are very, very few differences between the rules at Doe Run and the RAMS rules. We were even addressing that at our last meeting to see if we wanted to eliminate a couple of the existing rules (like aftermarket intakes) so they could meet each other. I don't know if it all will happen, but it was discussed. However we've have numerous current RAMS vehicles that meet all of Doe Run's guidelines and on Friday night you saw a couple of them there (Wolf and Shannon). Both of these guys spend endless hours working on their vehicles to make them perform to their best. The currently rank #3 and #4 on the RAMS Points Series points list so it's easy to see you were dealing with two of the best the association has to offer. One thing you need to remember Phil, these are mini stocks and not Hornets or Pro 4 Stocks. Again I agree with you, there's no way the existing rules should be altered to make any changes what so ever to make the class more expensive, however they should not revert back to a basic "stock" set up. If that's what somebody wants they should go to I-55 and race for a trophy.

Oh God

When will it ever end ? The " Hatfields and The Mc Coys " The tension has got to stop and allow ALL these men to work together ! As drivers that love the sport of racing ! There ARE some that have more money in their cars than others and i am sure all would agree to that. You cant fault WOLF because he chooses to put a bunch of money into a race car. There are just those that dont have it to do that. Should they be treated differently because of that NO. The " RAMS " started out to be a decent organization that was there to aid the Mini Stock drivers with setting rules and guidelines. Is it out of hand ????? In some ways some will say YES ..... because in order to be competitive you HAVE to spend more money to keep up with " Wolf or Bellews " just because the others DONT have the money doesnt make them less men on the track. Racing should return to a fun sport ! Idealy you could set up a dollar amount and say this is the limit, BUT WOLF or others should not be penilized for getting out there and getting sponsers ! I know many of the drivers really enjoy racing together so why not EVERYONE clear the air and just enjoy racing together ? LD

HobbieStocksFan said:
When will it ever end ? The " Hatfields and The Mc Coys " The tension has got to stop and allow ALL these men to work together ! As drivers that love the sport of racing ! There ARE some that have more money in their cars than others and i am sure all would agree to that. You cant fault WOLF because he chooses to put a bunch of money into a race car. There are just those that dont have it to do that. Should they be treated differently because of that NO. The " RAMS " started out to be a decent organization that was there to aid the Mini Stock drivers with setting rules and guidelines. Is it out of hand ????? In some ways some will say YES ..... because in order to be competitive you HAVE to spend more money to keep up with " Wolf or Bellews " just because the others DONT have the money doesnt make them less men on the track. Racing should return to a fun sport ! Idealy you could set up a dollar amount and say this is the limit, BUT WOLF or others should not be penilized for getting out there and getting sponsers ! I know many of the drivers really enjoy racing together so why not EVERYONE clear the air and just enjoy racing together ? LD
I'm sorry, but the RAMS didn't just start out being a good organization, they are STILL the best racing association in this region, bar none. And nobody can blame "Wolf or the Bellews" for what is the natural occurance in this class and every class across the United States. But just because you spend the time and money in this class is sure no guarentee you will be successful. It doesn't hurt most of the time, but it sure is no guarentee. If you want a "fun" sport go race go-karts and bumper cars on one of those recreational tracks in St. Louiis, if you want to have fun and BE COMPETITIVE (which is what most racers are trying to do) then you do whatever it takes within the rules to be as good as you possibly can in your class.

First off jeff I don't do this much but I'm doing it now. Racing at doe run is a great time its a great sport and I and many other people have made alot of friends from it. I agree with you on this point. But you completely contradicted yourself by saying that if you wanna have fun go play with go karts then sayiong if you wanna have fun race. Well in my opinion, which might not mean much to anyone else, people race beause its fun. If people did it for the money it would be pointless beacause you'll never win what you put into your car not in this class atleast. I love racing and love doing it at DRR with bobby and all the guys out there. I've raced at the rock with the Rams and they are a nice group of guys but I personally prefer Doe run. I would continue this but my time is up seeing how I use a shared computer here. If you want more of my two cents just let me know.

Chris, I just didn't explain myself very well there in regards to the "fun" part and sitting here trying to come up with the proper scenario I still can't explain it properly, so I'll just drop it. But I know what you mean about having a track you feel comfortable with in a variety of ways. Bob has done a fantastic job with Doe Run and everyone out there should feel proud of the way the track looks and is run. It's my hope that the entire mini stock class continues to grow in this region and I'm going to do what ever I can to ensure that.
It's always great to hear from you. I know everyone here appreciates everything you and all our troops are doing for us.... Stay safe and come home soon!!

Millsey, why don't you talk about something you know about? You have no clue how much karts are worth and how much time are put into them. Put your money where your mouth is. We have a place for a sponsorship if you wanna run with the big chicks and the hustler. We probably have more money in our kart than most rams have ever thought about putting into them. Try blowing a $5500 motor and having to replace it in one week just for "FUN" next friday. Yes racing is for fun, if you can't afford it, don't do it. It's a HOBBY--NOT A JOB, but you still have to have the money to do it. Be for real, don't down talk anything or anyone until you know something about it. We're all here for fun. Tempers and emotions get in the way, but you have to keep a head on your shoulders.

i agree

ministocks are lots of fun, and there is alot of good people who race in this class. and i for 1 enjoy being around the doe run guys, and would like to get to know them alittle better. they would find out that i'm not any different from them. i enjoy having fun and having racing compatition like everyone else. and if you would ask for help i would be there(info or fixing help). i have to tell you i only have about1700 in my motor. i mite be faster, but its not only because of the motor but all the other things. like shocks tires, keeping my oil changed every 2 race nights, a chris boyd chassis, and lots of spare parts. but also i try to race smooth and clean as possible. i race people like they want to be raced. i treat people like i want to be treated. and i do have alot of good sponsors, just look on my car. and they do call me wolf for a reason because i howl at the moon when i win the race no matter where it is. you need to know when a racer gets away from their home track and run at other race tracks like the rams guys do. you gain alot of knowledge on track conditions from running on rough tracks, smooth tracks, tracks with turns 1,2,3, and 4 being different, high banked tracks, flat tracks and different size tracks. thats why alot of the rams guys are faster, becuase of track experiance, not because we are cheating. we are right with your rules. we are ministocks. next time l'm at your track come and meet me not slam me. you mite just meet a new freind. hope this cleared up alot of bad thoughts. see ya all at the race track "the wolf" #5 goodluck to all ;)

I wasn't talking about RACING go-karts. I was talking about go-karts that your rent on a go-kart track.. You know, with an arcade, etc...

And you are completely right Racechick, I know NOTHING about karts and I don't even pretend to believe I do. That's a whole new world for me. Good luck with everything....

I don't think the front or rear suspension on the Chevette is legal at DRR. From what I was told the car was built a couple of years ago and DRR said it was not legal for their track.The rear and front suspension need to be changed back to what the Chevette came out with from the factory. I am just trying to keep someone at DRR from having to make alot of changes to be able to race it there.

harris69 said:
I don't think the front or rear suspension on the Chevette is legal at DRR. From what I was told the car was built a couple of years ago and DRR said it was not legal for their track.The rear and front suspension need to be changed back to what the Chevette came out with from the factory. I am just trying to keep someone at DRR from having to make alot of changes to be able to race it there.
but didn't it race at doe run and bobby checked it out?
I have heard so many stories about it..

Back