MO puppy mills

racewife441

Racewife441
* I am not Dixie, but her daughter using her computer.

I am looking for anyone that would have information on an organization called Rescues by Debco out of Gravois Mills, MO. I recently adopted a female Shih Tzu puppy from this organization that I believed to be a rescue. They advertized the puppy as 14 weeks and healthy. This is not so. My puppy has been in an animal hospital for 3 days now with no word of release. The hospital said she is no more than 8 weeks old (she was already spayed and given her rabies vaccination) and only weights 1.8 pounds. She was having seizures and was extremely lame for a puppy.

Also I am looking for information on what can be done to stop this organization from continuing to hurt these animals. The woman that runs the org (Debbie Hoffman of Ozark, MO) will not help us in returning any purchase fee or the mounting vet bills. We want to stop this woman from doing this to more animals and unsuspecting families.

Please reply or email me at cmbarget@uncc.edu

Thank you,
Christy (and Jeremy) Mollet

call channel 2 hopefully they can help you with this situation. its a shame that people do this kind of $ H I T!!!!!

Here is a puppy rescue site in Missouri. They specialize in the Westie breed.. But, they have a contact us option. Maybe if you contact them they can tell you some things to do. Good luck I hope you can get something done.

www.westierescueofmissouri.com

I have never heard of any rescue organizations charging a purchase fee. THat might be part of your problem.

A lot of rescue groups charge an adoption fee to cover costs (transportation, vet checkups and shots, spay or neuter, admin costs, etc.). That is pretty low if someone is running a puppy mill and advertising it as a rescue organization.

Its pathetic in this day and age that people can afford cell phones, outrageous clothing prices, expensive cars and everything else you can think of, but abuse mans so to speak "BEST FRIEND".

Back