Mod Qualifying At Highland And Brownstown

kartracer65

Just Curious What Everybodys Perspective Is On Charlie Wanting To Qualify Mods. I Myself Prefer Not To See It Id Like To See Some Good Racing From Some Of The Top Guys Starting In The Back. To Me It Seems U Put The Fast Guys Up Front U Basically See 1 Lane Racing. Jmo

Josh

???

Well what he should do is put a time limit on every feature so that it does not last all night. ......;)
You can look at it both ways....if your a fan, you wan't to see them come from the back,.....but if your a driver you don't want to put up with all the squirrels!....

If he qualifies the mods he should qualify them all! (all but the hornets)

Charlie is one of the smarter promoters in the area. Kudos to him!!Obviously you people who are complaining about the modifieds qualifying are not racers and have no idea about the time, money, and effort it takes to be competitive in racing. You all need to look at this from another perspective. Tracks like Brownstown and Highland are not the easiest tracks to pass on. If you're fast you deserve to be in the front and not have to rely on a stupid pill draw to affect the outcome of your evening. Modifieds and Latemodels are extremely competitive these days. There is usually at least 8-10 cars that could win on any given night. Wouldn't you rather watch these cars battle it out and race together??? The days of starting in the back and smoking the field like Don Klein did back in the day are long gone. You can have a really good car and not even be noticed because of a poor pill draw or stacked heat race. Usually when people start in the back of a qualifying event there is a reason they are there. If you are that into watching people tear up their cars they do have events called "DEMOLITION DERBIES". Think about this....would you want to spend all that time, money, and effort to have your night determined by how lucky your fingers are??? If your answer is yes, then I guarantee you that you're not a racer or you need to work on your car so you can be in the front. Passing points are a good option as well. I'm sick of reading stupid posts like this.

Steve

me personally i like to watch the 2 or 3 fastest guys start in the front and watch them baddle it out in there heat race instead of tearin there cars up starting in the back and not makin the dash or even the feature

Hey speed demon if this was such a stupid post why did u take the time to read and respond to it. I myself see if a driver has so much talent that if he starts in the back theres no reason to why he would have tear his equipment up going through the field if hes that good of a driver. I posted my post for opinions if u thought it was so stupid you shouldnt of waisted your time your fault no mine jmo

Josh

i never liked qualifying,i've always been a fan of the pill draw,if your fast your fast no matter how many cars are in front of you!!!

maybe im strange but i usually keep half an eye on the front runners in any class and use the rest to watch back in the pack. usually the folks that start out front run away but further back in the pack there is some real racing going on. i always have done this. sometimes i miss some stuff up front and have to ask what happened but i still like seeing whats gooing on back in the pack. qualifying bores me to death. and a lot of tracks dont hold up to it by the end of the night.

I agree with speed demon 100%. You have to either qualify or have passing points. Preferably qualifying. If theres only 1 good lane and you get held up your only choice is to beat on the guy in front of your or just be happy where you are. I think I'm gonna run Highland most of the time for that reason.

I Don't Go To Either Of These Tracks. But The Passing Point System Seems To Work Really Well At I55. Gives The Racers A Chance To Overcome The Bad Pill. It Also Gives The Fans The Excitement Of Watching More Passing In The Heats. So I Would Vote For Passing Points.

Im not sure i understand the passing points deal everybody seems to think its agood idea Charlie if ur reading this why not try this. You gotta think about the fans to there the 1s that come and support all the drivers and pay to watch.jmo

Josh

speed_demon said:
Charlie is one of the smarter promoters in the area. Kudos to him!!Obviously you people who are complaining about the modifieds qualifying are not racers and have no idea about the time, money, and effort it takes to be competitive in racing. You all need to look at this from another perspective. Tracks like Brownstown and Highland are not the easiest tracks to pass on. If you're fast you deserve to be in the front and not have to rely on a stupid pill draw to affect the outcome of your evening. Modifieds and Latemodels are extremely competitive these days. There is usually at least 8-10 cars that could win on any given night. Wouldn't you rather watch these cars battle it out and race together??? The days of starting in the back and smoking the field like Don Klein did back in the day are long gone. You can have a really good car and not even be noticed because of a poor pill draw or stacked heat race. Usually when people start in the back of a qualifying event there is a reason they are there. If you are that into watching people tear up their cars they do have events called "DEMOLITION DERBIES". Think about this....would you want to spend all that time, money, and effort to have your night determined by how lucky your fingers are??? If your answer is yes, then I guarantee you that you're not a racer or you need to work on your car so you can be in the front. Passing points are a good option as well. I'm sick of reading stupid posts like this.

Steve
tHANK YOU, i WANTED TO SAY SOMETHING BUT WHEN I DO I GET YELLED AT, BUT YOU SAID IT ALL FOR ME. ALL PEOPLE DO IS COMPLAIN AND DOWN THE MODS, THEY ARE PERSONALLY MY FAVORITES AND THEY PUT ON GREAT SHOWS. THAKS AGAIN. GOOD FOR YOU:)

kartracer65 said:
Just Curious What Everybodys Perspective Is On Charlie Wanting To Qualify Mods. I Myself Prefer Not To See It Id Like To See Some Good Racing From Some Of The Top Guys Starting In The Back. To Me It Seems U Put The Fast Guys Up Front U Basically See 1 Lane Racing. Jmo

Josh

QUALIFY THE MODS. (JMO)

hello did i say anything bad about mods i love watching mods i think there are won off the top competitive classes so before u speak read i inno way have bad mouthed mods or charlie

Josh

There are tracks that use the heat race finish to determine starting position in the feature but not in straight up starting. They pay pretty good money for first, second and third. Then in the feature they start inverted, for you folks who don’t understand, that means the best finishers start the farthest back. They don’t pay so well in the feature but it all evens out. It puts on a good show and it separates the good from the bad. If you need to ram through the cars in front of you, you’re not racing anyway. I only saw Klein race a few times but I can tell you this, when he was on top of his game he used finesse to pass people. He was as smooth as they come. And by the way, where does it say just because you spent more money, you deserve to win and the slower guys or gals should just watch? You think they don't
work hard? Fair is fair.Maybe the cars should be divided up with rough drivers in one race and finesse drivers in the other
And by the way there are no stupid posts. There are just some people who think differently than you.

poorowner said:
There are tracks that use the heat race finish to determine starting position in the feature but not in straight up starting. They pay pretty good money for first, second and third. Then in the feature they start inverted, for you folks who don’t understand, that means the best finishers start the farthest back. They don’t pay so well in the feature but it all evens out. It puts on a good show and it separates the good from the bad. If you need to ram through the cars in front of you, you’re not racing anyway. I only saw Klein race a few times but I can tell you this, when he was on top of his game he used finesse to pass people. He was as smooth as they come. And by the way, where does it say just because you spent more money, you deserve to win and the slower guys or gals should just watch? You think they don't
work hard? Fair is fair.Maybe the cars should be divided up with rough drivers in one race and finesse drivers in the other
And by the way there are no stupid posts. There are just some people who think differently than you.

Very well said. :)

poorowner Thanks now i understand a bit better and agree with you totally now hopefully Charlie can see that and make a few changes to adjust to the fans and drivers liking.

Josh

Back