modifieds where were you guys at????

20rocks

Highland has a 1000 to win payout and 15 show up,Belleville pays 750 to win 10 show up that would not give the tracks any incentive to ever raise their payout for your purse.

In my opinion, this class has been hit the hardest during this economic downturn.

Many mod drivers have either stopped racing this season or sold their stuff and completely got out.

The list is long, way too long.

TTG/MM

this is mainly due to the amount of money people are spending in this class to win. there are too many modified teams spending late model team budgets. this class is the most out of hand and amount of cars at local tracks is proof of this. what started out as a good 'budget racers' class is now gone. its really sad to see how much these teams are spending to beat the low budget teams on motors, tires, shocks, etc for the payouts. question of the day- if you are going to spend late model budgets, why not move up to one?

When you have a class that gets out of hand like modifies have (750+ hp) it will take a lot of racers out of racing. horse power cost! not to mention parts , tires and fuel.

this is mainly due to the amount of money people are spending in this class to win. there are too many modified teams spending late model team budgets. this class is the most out of hand and amount of cars at local tracks is proof of this. what started out as a good 'budget racers' class is now gone. its really sad to see how much these teams are spending to beat the low budget teams on motors, tires, shocks, etc for the payouts. question of the day- if you are going to spend late model budgets, why not move up to one?

Applaud that!!!!!! It's really a darn shame!

i think if someone could come up with something like a crate modified class that help things because their is not much doubt the economy is hurting the modified class and it's a shame because this class is one of the most compeitive divisions in the country

Don't blame the drivers ! $ has gone way out of hand in this devision . UMP needs to have a $ limit and a claim on the motors so the drivers can afford to keep drive them and to bring a few others back down to a more even playing field . To win a feature most of the time this year you have to spend late model like money just to compete . UMP better do something if they want this mod devision to continue to exists .

maybe its time to consider imca classes. they have a sportmod class which uses a 602 crate engine. if you pay attention to any other results besides st.louis, the imca classes to the north still have good car counts. ive always thought that UMP stood for UNLIMITED MONEY PROGRAM. to me they are the ones killing the shows. jmo.

Don't blame the drivers ! $ has gone way out of hand in this devision . UMP needs to have a $ limit and a claim on the motors so the drivers can afford to keep drive them and to bring a few others back down to a more even playing field . To win a feature most of the time this year you have to spend late model like money just to compete . UMP better do something if they want this mod devision to continue to exists .

how are the high dollar drivers/owners not to blame? there are still quite a few low budget teams out the somehow getting by running for mid pack results. as far as the rules and UMP goes, there is nothing they can do now its too far gone and wont get back under control until the high dollar teams move up. that wont happen cause then they will be on much even playing field competition wise and not win as much in the late models.

I realize that the number of available teams might be down now BUT even those that are still racing didn't show up. So it's a midweek show, not like there are a lot of them, take a day off or have one of your buddies bring your car to the track and come after work. Load that puppy up the night before and take it to work with you... If you want better purses then you have to race when they have them. Believe me, Rick & Richie WILL find a way to be there if there is a race!

bb21 is on the right track. It will only take 1 track entertaining this type of class and committing to do it for a full year to get this rolling. I say that now, but I do remember TCS having IMCA rules when I was little, and remember Brownstown trying crate mods a while back. Both fizzled for whatever reasons.

2 link, 2bbl, 360ci max???

Claim rules are not an answer.

TK

Now come on SSFan21, who has the right to tell someone they have to move up if they are spending to much money??? The USSR??? Some of them just love the Modified class, some tried Late Models and didn't succeed, and some just don't care about spending the money. Until there is a dollar limit rule then they can and will do what they want. I don't like the cost of racing right now anymore than anyone else, but it is what it is.

I will agree that another type of Mod class might need to be in line, but with that said I have a ton of IMCA guys from Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, ect that are spending just as much as guys around here. Matter a fact those guys are getting insane when it comes to tires, they don't care what it costs. Money is racing, and racing is money, that will never change. Look at how much some of these crate guys are spending now, it wasn't meant to go that way but it did. It's only going to get worse. I hate to say it this way but if someone can't afford the class they are running and they still want to win, they may need to step down a class.

I can't see blaming it on being a mid-week show. People have to work on Friday just as much as on Wedensday. I agree with dbrfan77. Racers will find a way to race if they really want to.

Brian #44

Back