Montgomery County Raceway

The classes they are talking about running are Super Late Models, Crate Late Models, A-Mods, B-Mods & Hornets...

My question is they don't want to run street stock class because of car counts but want to run supers. For the street stocks you pay 250 to win and 50-75 to start and supers 1000 to win and 100 to start. So if you only get 10 cars in each class which is better from a cost stand point? There are not alot of supers out there that are going to commit to Mcs weekly. By running rates and supers you won't pull many of the ulma guys because of the tire rule. I just realky hate too not see some type of a street stock class there.

They might pull more Supers then you think. Remember Quincy is UMP now. So you have a few that will be running at MCS from that area.

They'd be better off running the same classes as Callaway. No reason for 2 classes of late models and no street stock class. ULMA will pull double the cars for half the payout of supers. Idk why they aren't even considering ULMA. It's a great deal with a lot of local cars. Jmo.

Didnt Moberly also run supers? they are now closed on Saturday also, and they might get cars from the columbia/Moberly area also... I myself would rather drop the hornets and run streets/sportsmans

If they ran ULMA and sportsman at MCS, that would be about the same payout as the super late models alone. And from the responses on the other threads lately, it looks like there would be a good car count in both classes. Plus under the ULMA rules, crates can run with the ULMA and the only thing different from the UMP rules is the weights..

The Sportsman bring a lot to the tracks. Also, why not allow RWD hornets/ministocks.. I know a few of the old ministock guys still have their cars and want to bring them out. Callaway runs RWD and FWD and they are both very close and very competitive. Plus, the payout for them isnt high, the number of cars that would be brought in along with people in the pits would easily pay the hornets/ministock payout as well as supplement the other classes...

JMO

Lane Ehlert #42

The quickest way to run off fans is to have too many classes and a program that runs way late.

5 classes is hardly to many this isnt Pevely with 30 cars per class... the quickest way to run off fans is to have 4 classes with 15 cars and be done by 9..... imho

5 classes is hardly to many this isnt Pevely with 30 cars per class... the quickest way to run off fans is to have 4 classes with 15 cars and be done by 9..... imho

Agreed. And the show is well organized, quickly ran with no big amount of downtime. CMS where we raced last year had everything down great. Good car counts and even with it being a 2.5hr drive home, we were home by 1am most weekends.

Also, most tracks have a good variety of classes. I think almost every track has a sportsman or purestreet class. It is a great starter class or the next step for hornet/ministock drivers.

Lane Ehlert

Lane,
What if when they plan a meeting we get all the ULMA and mini stock supporters to show up. I feel posting here does some good but still feels like we are talking to a brick wall. A meeting at least we can show some numbers. Hell half the quincy guys run ULMA. Probably only one or two will run ump. And that's only cuz next year ULMA is eliminating the dry sump engine option and a couple of those guys don't want to switch. Curious how many will run Quincy? Heard most will be coming from central Illinois. I might even give it a try but haven't heard of a single one from Fulton that will. 12 confirmed for mcs if tire rule allows d55 and m40 only

Lane,
What if when they plan a meeting we get all the ULMA and mini stock supporters to show up. I feel posting here does some good but still feels like we are talking to a brick wall. A meeting at least we can show some numbers. Hell half the quincy guys run ULMA. Probably only one or two will run ump. And that's only cuz next year ULMA is eliminating the dry sump engine option and a couple of those guys don't want to switch. Curious how many will run Quincy? Heard most will be coming from central Illinois. I might even give it a try but haven't heard of a single one from Fulton that will. 12 confirmed for mcs if tire rule allows d55 and m40 only

Amost all, if not all, of the Quincy late models are running UMP super late models. In fact, I don't know of any that are running ULMA anywhere, since Moberly is shut down.

Amost all, if not all, of the Quincy late models are running UMP super late models. In fact, I don't know of any that are running ULMA anywhere, since Moberly is shut down.

ULMA runs at Callaway and Lucas Oil. With great car counts each week. Where have the Quincy supers been running at on Sat? Are there no other tracks running supers on Sat night within 2 hours of Quincy?

I am planning on doing what I can to support MCS either way, I am just waiting for the final verdicts to come down and for the rules meeting at this point.

Lane

I think you guys in Quincy did what you needed, Just sayin the past few years we been seeing several run for championship in ULMA. The MOberly, Scotland county and the anouncement that Quincy would go UMP hurt bigtime. Look forward to running with the Quincy cars if MCS has a d55 tire allowed. Probably some visits up that way too. If we are allowed to? Lets see how the season starts

Back