Montgomery's vs. The Other Drivers

casey69fan1

I don't know how many of you guys are fans of the Montgomery's how many of you aren't. It seems that there is more that don't like them than there are people that do like them. I recieved a pm this morning when I got on and it said that Gary Montgomery(Joey and Timmy's dad)started a fight with another fan, because they were not cheering for Joey. I would just like to know if anyone else saw this happen. I myself am a Montgomery fan, but I am also friends with Jimmy Hurley, and was glad to see him win. I was sitting with the Montgomery's in the stands for the feature, and I was cheering for Jimmy to make the pass, and they don't mind. It's your own opinion to like who you like. And with Gary being a past track owner, I could not see him fighting over that, although I could be wrong. I just couldn't understand him starting a fight because where we all sit there's Worley, Keith, Matthews, and just a little of everything on different weeks and when Joey (or Timmy for that matter) lose to one of them he never gets upset, or start a fight when they cheer on their favorite driver. It's part of racing...the winning and the losing, as long as the Montgomery's have been racing I think they would know that.

Gary did not start a fight over someone cheering for another driver,he had words over some nasty remarks this fan has been saying about his son.I know for a fact the Montgomery's love to see passing,that's racing,and after Joey got passed they was clapping for Jimmy,along with everyone else,The other thing,Gary never fought with anyone,hope this helps.

Thanks for the help...yah i sit with them every weekend and they all know im friends with Jimmy and they all seemed fine with him winning....like i said u win some...u lose some thats racing

Cheer for who you want. People fighting over someone else rooting on another driver is stupid. We as fans cannot let this stuff happen. I don't want this sport to turn into little league baseball where parents are fighting parents! My wife is not a big racing fan. But when we do go together she always has a good time because of the fans being so nice! Race fans are the most friendly. If someone is on your sons *** I could see getting a little upset. You fighting with someone else doesn't mean your driver is now going to win the race! Race fans have a good image, let's keep it!

I agree sprintcar#8fan, but it is kind of hard when you have people sitting around you who know that you like a certain driver and they do anything that they can to upset you. For instance, what do you do if your favorite racer is racing in a race with someone who sits by you and it happens to be their son and they scream and yell for their son to take your favorite car out of the race? Had this happen several times this year. Most of the time it has back fired on them but it is really aggrevating. I have a really short temper when it comes to racing as do alot of people but I have learned to control my mouth when it comes to other fans and racers. I know how hard it can be, but I think we all need to realize that this is a free country and we can say what we please but sometimes we need to think before we speak. JMO

I am disappointed but not surprised to see my posting of the "emotinally enraged fan" from Saturday night was deleted. It is seemingly a touchy subject with someone, however the security at the races also had a similiar situation the week before involving the same driver (and driver's fans). So, it does seem to be a problem!!!! Hopefully, this weekend everyone can control their tempers and let paying fans cheer for whoever they want without having to look over their shoulder to see who's: dad, mom, aunt, or uncle is waiting to pounce on them.

Yeah it's hard not to get upset when someone is yelling to take your driver out to either win or move up a spot. Giving the guy next to you a hard time about his or her driver is ok. It's fun most of the time. You do have to watch what you say. And that's just out of respect for him/her, the kids that maybe sitting around you. That's the problem now of days. Alot of people don't show respect for people around them. I'm all for freedom of speech. Some people however just use that as a excuse to say mean things or even to cuss loudly in the stands. Trust me, I have a potty mouth!!! But you have to know your surroundings. But then again some people just don't care.

After the big ordeal that I went through last week about the screen name I use I have quickly learned that I am going to keep my opinions about the whole sprint car thing to myself and everyone will eventually see what alot of us have seen for a couple of years. It is really hard but I have managed to do okay. Saturday I clapped for everyone who won a race and usually I don't do that. If someone won who I didn't like won the race I would just sit there, there is only 2 people who I refuse to clap for but I have my own reasons for that and I do not make rude or hateful remarks when they win. So to everyone who is booing or using profanity at the track there is young ears who don't need to hear those kinds of things, you have to give respect to get it.

EVERYONE ENJOY THE REST OF THE SEASON AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL SEE YA ALL NEXT SEASON!!!!

Back