Mopar's Wise Continues Charge For Usac Triple Crown

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Center Line, Mich. - Josh Wise has been on a mission thus far in 2005, tackling all three USAC Racing series in the attempt to capture the illustrious USAC Triple Crown Series title. The Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises hotshoe has most definitely made his mark on the season as, entering this weekend's four event stretch, he is a serious contender to collect a second points leader distinction.

Wise's weekend will get off to a definitive start, as he leads the USAC National Midget Car Series points chase heading into the Indiana Midget Week series. With a 58-point lead over second-place Jerry Coons Jr., Wise will look to extend that margin in the coming days.

"We're going to take on these four races like we always do-head on," Wise said. "Jerry's had a few good races of late, and we've come across some bad luck.
We're going to do the best that we can to finish well and, if we can get the ball rolling again this weekend, I'm confident that we'll come away with the points lead still in our grasp."

On Saturday, Wise and company will shift gears and head across the border to the Illinois State Fairgrounds for the USAC Silver Crown Series Tony Bettenhausen 100. Wise is currently ranked second in USAC Silver Crown Series points, and a good run this weekend could lock down the points lead second leg of his USAC Triple Crown run.

Saturday evening will see Wise and the USAC National Midget Car Series move on to the Terre Haute Action Track for the 54th Annual Clabber Girl Hut Hundred event. Wise, who finished fourth in last year's event, is looking to score an event win to finish off the four-race run.

"I'm really excited to have three midget races in a row, especially since we're going to get to run some short track events for the first time this year,"
Wise said. "But I'm also really looking forward to going back to Terre Haute.
Last year's Hut Hundred event was my first time ever on the track, and it was really cool to run the midget there. We were really fast, and with the experience that I've gained over the past year, I think we've got a realistic shot at winning the race."

Wise pilots the No. 20 Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises entry in the USAC National Midget Car Series. His USAC Silver Crown Series machine carries the No.
10, and his USAC National Sprint Car Series ride boasts the familiar No. 20, representative of the Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises team.

Wise is slated to compete in the USAC National Midget Car Series Indiana Midget Week events at Lawrenceburg Speedway, I-69 Gas City Speedway and the Terre Haute Action Track August 18-20. He'll also compete at the Illinois State Fairgrounds on August 20 in the USAC National Silver Crown Series.

For more information regarding Mopar or Wise, log on to www.moparspeed.com or www.joshwiseracing.com. For a complete schedule of USAC racing events, log on to www.usacracing.com.

Mopar is based in Center Line, Mich., and is the exclusive original equipment supplier of parts and accessories for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicles.

Back