Mopar's Wise Poised To Begin Usac 'triple Crown' Assault

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Center Line, Mich. - This weekend's Copper World Classic might mark the beginning of the 2005 USAC racing season, but for Mopar's Josh Wise, it marks the beginning of a new chapter of his career. When the checkered flag falls on the USAC National Midget and Silver Crown Series racing events at the Phoenix International Raceway, Wise will have recorded the first results of his attempt to claim the 2005 USAC 'Triple Crown.'

"We got to test quite a bit at Phoenix a few weeks ago, and it's really going to make a difference in our race this year," Wise said. "I'm much more confident heading into the Copper World Classic this year. We learned a lot as a team about the cars and the Mopar engines, and it's going to show. We're ready to get the 2005 season started."

That confidence is sure to be an asset to the Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises team as they roll off the grid. Wise, who will pilot the No. 20 USAC National Midget and No. 10 USAC National Silver Crown Series entry, looks to spend the majority of the event at the front of the field.

"It's vital to start up front at Phoenix," Wise said. "It's also important to get into a rhythm as a driver as quickly as possible. You've got to get comfortable, adjust as the track conditions change and really take care of your tires. Phoenix is also a speed and horsepower track, and we're definitely at an advantage with the Mopar engines. Knowing that we've got speed and horsepower on our side gives us an added bonus going into a race like this."

The young hotshoe is no stranger to the pressure of being put under the microscope, and this season can be expected to be no different. The composed young driver is quick to put the team's season goals in perspective.

"I put a lot of pressure on myself to do well, so I'm trying not to look at this season any differently," Wise said. "We're going to take each event as it comes, and we're going to try to take the best finish possible away from each event. We'll always be racing to win, but consistency is the key, and by taking it race to race, that consistency will be hopefully be there."

"I'm confident that we'll be in a good position in each series by the end of the season. It's definitely going to be an experience to run all three divisions."

The Copper World Classic is scheduled to take place at the Phoenix International Raceway January 29-30. For more information regarding Mopar, Wise, or the Copper World Classic, log on to www.joshwiseracing.com, www.moparspeed.com or www.phoenixintlraceway.com.

Mopar is based in Center Line, Mich., and is the exclusive original equipment supplier of parts and accessories for Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep® vehicles.

Back