More TCS news.. new late model payout as well..

WOW! Looks like UMP won't matter much after all. Payout seems to be one of the biggest issues when it comes to attracting cars. It's obvious that the Gundakers are taking this serious and making it easier for the drivers to race at TCS. Nice work!

First off, I dont think he is trying to close down Belleville.
From what you are saying is all Friday night tracks should stay on the same level as Belleville?????:confused: No track should try and make things better for the drivers or the fans.:eek: I guess you just think TCS should close so Belleville will not have any compitetion on Fridays???? Well Kevin and crew will make TCS work and be one of the BEST tracks around with or without UMP or YOU!
Since you dont attend TCS or like the Gundakers why not just skip the threads that pertain to them!

I may complain but I don't no what complane means. He couldn't get UMP but $$$$ is sure a good way to close up Belleville.

You're a tool! That's gotta be the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here about this topic. I imagine that UMP or not the increased payout was coming. In my opinion, if Belleville is concerned about their "product" being outsold by the competitor it's time to step up to the plate and make it better. Now don't get me wrong, I love Belleville and the racing it provides. But I can't blame Kevin for trying to sell his product. He's doing the right things and I believe it's going to pay off. But you're still a tool!

Belleville and Godfrey were born Friday night tracks and 48 miles apart. Thats a big deference than a track moving in from another night and only 18 miles apart . TCS not getting UMP was the proper thing to do. Jacking up the payouts was just a matter of time.

And the matter of time you're talking about was the time it took to complete the deal with sponsors to have the funds to increase the payout. UMP or not, the payouts were going up. And personally, I don't see where 30 miles difference is that big or a difference when you consider many drivers from this area started driving to Paducah after Godfrey closed last year. I believe that's a bigger difference than 30 miles. Honestly, I don't believe location and distance matter much in this debate. It's all about preference and what the track has to offer. Some guys don't want to beat their equipment up on the 1/5 mile. Some guys don't have the motor for the 3/8 mile. Fortunately there's something for everyone.

racingfreak67,

You seem to be twisting and distorting the facts or else you have allowed yourself to be misled.

Belleville has had nothing to do with this Tri-City issue, Tri-City has all by itself put itself in the back seat.

The FACTS surrounding this issue are:

1. Tri-City has never been a Friday night track. Belleville always has been.

2. Kevin changed Tri-City's long established race night to Sunday's.

3. Blaming Sunday racing instead of poor management Tri-City then decieded to change it's race night to Friday with the full knowledge that the change would cause a conflict with Belleville's long established race night.

4. Being denied permission to offer a duplicate of Belleville's long established program Tri-City now attempts to buy,(steal) Belleville's show.

The big show on Friday nights this year will be at Belleville, the fans must deciede if for the same admission price they want to watch the BEST or watch just the rest.

actually the best show onfriday night would be farmer city ,if I didn't have to work on sat morning what adeal go to belliville on friday night onmy home hit tri city for semis and features ah de ja vue all over again

3. Blaming Sunday racing instead of poor management Tri-City then decieded to change it's race night to Friday with the full knowledge that the change would cause a conflict with Belleville's long established race night.

4. Being denied permission to offer a duplicate of Belleville's long established program Tri-City now attempts to buy,(steal) Belleville's show.

The big show on Friday nights this year will be at Belleville, the fans must deciede if for the same admission price they want to watch the BEST or watch just the rest.

Poor management? Seems to me that Kevin is the kind of management anyone would want. He's improving facilities, increasing payouts, and taking a chance going up against a well established track to try and improve car counts on Friday versus Sunday. I'd have to say that wasn't an easy move knowing the risk. If I were him I would have done things the way he has too. Personally he's smart to switch from Saturday's to Sundays at first. On Saturday he was competing with the almighty I-55, Highland, Mount Vernon, and Monkey County all with UMP affiliation. Friday's he had Godfrey, Belleville, Paducah, and Fayette County if I'm correct. Sunday was the odds on favorite at the time. This year he's got a new track, higher payout and only one track to compete against on Friday's. He takes a chance and moves to Friday knowing full well that he may lose his UMP sanctioning and that he will compete with the well established Belleville. Weighing the risks of this against what his facilities have to offer he almost had to see what would happen. Friday's could be the best thing for his track and that's a chance that he has to take. If it don't work, and Belleville is indeed the "big show" on Friday nights he can always switch back to Sunday's and get that UMP sanctioning back. Honestly, I think all this arguing and complaining just verifies that Kevin Gundaker is one of the best promoters Mid-West racing has to offer. Not taking anything from anyone else by that statement. But if his decisions have made this big of an impact apparently there is reason for concern. Otherwise the hardcore Belleville fans/supporters wouldn't be saying a word. Time will tell. And I predict that Belleville's show will remain status quo. TCS will grow and see large car counts. And everyone will live happily ever after having wasted hours upon hours of their time online arguing over a null point.

The biggest complaint I have heard even from Tri-City's die hard supporters is that Sunday's failed because of poor management, not poor car counts.

I do believe it has been said he decided to go to Friday nights when Godfrey closed. Thinking UMP was going to let him take over Godfrey's Friday night. Not to hurt anyone else. Had Kevin wanted to hurt other local tracks around here he would have went to Friday nights instead of Sundays.
Anyway, I just dont think its fair to come on here and say he is trying to shut down Belleville by raising the $$$$ for Late Mods and Mods. He is simply doing what he can for the drivers. I remember threads where drivers where complaining they wish tracks would up the payouts. Now he is doing just that, and people are saying its to close Bville.
I like belleville and I am sure I will be in attendance there more than once this year. I would hate to see any track close, and just wish that some would just appreciate what we have and quit complaining over every little move Kevin makes!!!!

racingfreak67,

You seem to be twisting and distorting the facts or else you have allowed yourself to be misled.

Belleville has had nothing to do with this Tri-City issue, Tri-City has all by itself put itself in the back seat.

The FACTS surrounding this issue are:

1. Tri-City has never been a Friday night track. Belleville always has been.

2. Kevin changed Tri-City's long established race night to Sunday's.

who is the best racefantoo you act like if you dont race belle vegas you are a loser like yourself. come on dude show some respect get off tcs for having a business that makes sense to survive. have you been there lately

I think it's pretty simple to understand, the Best want to race with and aganist the Best, if UMP represents the Best then wherever UMP is thats where the Best will be, the Rest that can't run with the Best will run somewhere else (Tri-City).

I think it's pretty simple to understand, the Best want to race with and aganist the Best, if UMP represents the Best then wherever UMP is thats where the Best will be, the Rest that can't run with the Best will run somewhere else (Tri-City).

Yea.. Your smokin the good stuff if you really believe that...

pass the bong and stop drinking the water

Booo Hooo Hoooo...does someone need a tissue or what...you are the biggest crybaby on here.

Back