MOWA car count?

biggin

Great race last week on a good track top and a bottom. I was also not joyed of the car count, but I think I know why. Besides the cost of travel,The cost of tires doesn't help. MOWA has a Hoosier tire deal so thats what they all run, but when you race at SFCR they have a Goodyear deal. So for the MOWA to race at SFCR they had to run Goodyears. Not all the drivers could pay for fuel to get here then pay for a $180tire. Maybe thats why you didn't see the other's like Joey Moughan,Triplett,Weyant,and more. It might not be all of it but I bet its some of it, and its not because Corey wanted to make more money on tire sales. Goodyear puts money in the points fund for the drivers we love to watch every week. Maybe next time they can work on a deal to run both. I HOPE we have a next time. Just think maybe the 17 will get it going next time. Congrats to Joey on the win and not very many Boo Birds.....lol

My opinion and 50 cents will get you........

Great race last week on a good track top and a bottom. I was also not joyed of the car count, but I think I know why. Besides the cost of travel,The cost of tires doesn't help. MOWA has a Hoosier tire deal so thats what they all run, but when you race at SFCR they have a Goodyear deal. So for the MOWA to race at SFCR they had to run Goodyears. Not all the drivers could pay for fuel to get here then pay for a $180tire. Maybe thats why you didn't see the other's like Joey Moughan,Triplett,Weyant,and more. It might not be all of it but I bet its some of it, and its not because Corey wanted to make more money on tire sales. Goodyear puts money in the points fund for the drivers we love to watch every week. Maybe next time they can work on a deal to run both. I HOPE we have a next time. Just think maybe the 17 will get it going next time. Congrats to Joey on the win and not very many Boo Birds.....lol
That is very true about the tires.My question is if we go race with them,do we have to buy Hoosiers.I seriously don't know.2 different Mowa drivers told me they couldn't afford to buy 4 or 5 tires.I know some tracks that is true but not Farmington.The guys have been running the right rear for about 3 weeks.I don't know how long on left rear.Joey Moughan was at the track and said the car owner didn't want to race.I didn't ask why.I talked to a couple weekly Farmington drivers in the pits who didn't race because they figured a big car count.It was a very odd night to me.I'm not a fan of Hoosier tires as i hear they seal over more and in my opinion they seem to cause more rubber down tracks.I have no proof of that but it seems that way.But i have nothing against them either.Some racers think American Racer tire is the best.I guess it's like Ford,Chevy,and Dodge....Who makes the best truck.I know the answer to that and i'm sure everyone on this board agrees with me....What a great race.Stay away ....!I'd love to see another one this week.Good job on the track Radar.

I looked at MOWA rules it says you can run Hoosier SC15 or SC25 or Goodyear 200 or 300 right rear only. Subject to change per event or local track rules. But when you are on thier website they have sponsors on the right and they have Hoosier Tire Midwest. So they get a good deal on them. Dont blame them at all to run Hoosier, but makes it hard for them to race at a track that wants you to run Goodyear. I know the track cant help it either, Goodyear helps the point fund. With money getting slim, you might have to run a whatever you can put on a wheel.

The tire issue could certainly be a factor. To me, the common sense answer is to let people run whatever tire they want. Competition, both on the track and among tire manufacturers, would be improved and, perhaps, pricing would become more competitive as well. As for why it was a non points-paying race, IIRC the MOWA series was to be run on tracks within something like 100 miles of somewhere - I think Springfield, IL. Since SFCR is outside that limit I suspect that might be the reason.

The race at SFCR was a points event for MOWA. 11 drivers will receive points when they are updated.

Been working on it for a few weeks now. We have discussed several dates and the latest thinking is a Sunday in late August. But before we announce it we are waiting for a couple of things to shake out that might open up a slightly more attractive date to both the fans and drivers. We kind of tried to leave Charlie alone this week with his Summer Nationals race last night. We hope things are sorted out by early next week.

you say that they have a deal with goodyear on point fund ??? their point fund is a crock all they get WELL all some get is the same thing as if they won a feature.

I know the points fund is not great. I have talked to people in that tire biz and tell me thats why SFCR runs Goodyear because they help with the points fund? Thats why you cant run whatever tire you want, Because tire companes put money in track "point funds". Big or Small:confused:

Just another example of why brand specific tire rules hurt the majority of racers. Points funds were there before tire contracts and haven't increased since. Racers end up paying more when there's only one tire allowed. The only ones that might get any benefit are the top couple in a points race. Guys that don't race for points and want to race at a variety of tracks end up having to buy different tires for each series or track. MOWA has the right idea with their multiple tire rule but going to a track that won't allow their rules just defeats that purpose. If a track won't accept their rules they should just not go there. They have plenty of tracks that will let them run their rules. They seem to have a good thing going. Just need to stick with it.

Then I guess they shouldn't run at Jacksonville either, as I understand they are a hoosier only track. Like them or not tire rules have been the norm for years and likely won't change anytime in the near future. BTW the entire 410 Sprint world are on Goodyears not hoosiers.

And we should not forget Hoosiers now are not what we ran before Goodyear, Hoosier lay rubber and Goodyears last a couple weeks plus are cheaper..

I've always been told that tracks need to have a tire rule and not use soft tires.The reason being you have to buy a soft tire alot more often.Some drivers (most drivers) can't afford that so they race harder tires.Result is drivers with better motors running softer tires that help make them faster.Drivers with lower budget running harder tires and not getting hooked up.Results, on paper anyway, is more dominant cars on the track.What's funny about this subject is our kids and g-kids will be having this same discussion.And they won't figure it out either.

simple fact about rules to run a specific tire and not just a certain compound: This weekend, I plan to race USCS in Malden MO, ASCS in Springfield MO, and Sprint Invaders in Quincy IL. USCS is Goodyear on both rears. ASCS is Hoosier on right rear and Invaders are American Racer on right rear. Instead of having a certain compound in each tire manufacturer, we get to buy at the very minimum 3 tires and that is not having any stagger adjustment.

Back