Mt. Vernon Challenge

champ23

I know tonight has been scheduled as a benifit fo Karl, but my family has been discussing it and we would like to issue a challege to other crews. Tonight we are racing for Don Roznowski's little girl, we didn't know him personaly, and it might not add up to be alot of financial help, but we are pooling what we can, and whatever the car wins tonight is to go to her. So if you are up to it, show everyone what kind of character the racing community has and that we do what we can to help our own, be it driver, crew, or spectator.

Thanks,Wilkins Racing Crew

Only the Fastrak part of the event is for Karl. I think you have a great idea, and wish you all the best with it.

Thank you

Words cannot express my gratitude to you for your efforts. Katelynn DawnMarie Roznowski is two and will be turing 3 on the 23rd of this month. She asks daily to see her dad. Unfortunately she is too little to understand. We talk to him everytime we go to bed and tell him good morning everytime we wake up. I took her to the cemetary last Sunday and she said she saw angels. I believe her. I believe her dad will be her guardian angel for as long as she lives. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone tonight as you take to the race track. I know deep in my heart that Zoomie (Don) will be right there cheering everyone on.

I think Mt. Vernon has record setting crowds tonight for a regular night race. The stands are packed. They also have 120 cars on hand. The count includes 26 late models and 16 FastTrak late models.

p.s. this was a real close race cole was on him all the way shepard was close and in the mix for the win also. i remember seeing riggs car but dont recall where he finished. sorry.hope someone else knows.

Great job on getting the track up and running Rick and Bev and all the others who spent late nights out there. Also to whoever organized the tribute to the men that were lost, it was an awesome and very moving sight to see all of those 120 or so cars all on the track at the same time. Thank you to the drivers also.

I credit Doug Higgerson for the efforts. He asked if I thought it would be OK to race and I told him Donnie wouldn't want it anyother way. I would like to also thank all of the drivers who participated and to Rick for allowing it. I just could not go to the track, but if anyone has a video of the service I would pay for a copy to save for Katelynn.
Thanks,
Jennifer

Jennifer, I was there tonight & the tribute to Donnie & Jeff was truly awesome. I could feel them looking down on us as we watched the entire field of cars circle the track, 4 abreast. Doug & his family just really outdid themselves!! They should be very proud. Also, there was a terrific crowd tonight, better than I have seen there is quite some time. It just shows what a true racing family we really are. As was said in another post, no one forgot what happened, but I for one, feel this was a very good start to the healing process. Take good care of Katelyn & know that you all are in our thoughts & prayers. Our hearts are with you as Donnie always will be too.

Debbie

Yeah.... the car around the track thing sounded really confusing and everything at the drivers meeting and then as i was standin there watching, it brought tears to my eyes. it was seriously unbelieveably amazing....

-kelcie emling

TO Those of you helping KATELYNN

I am KTBUG'S gramma, and I just want to repeat what Jennifer has said...Words cannot express how much this means. Please, thos of you who knew Donnie, get in touch with Jennifer, and tell her a story or two about him. She's going through a really rough time, and she needs to hear about him from those who raced with and loved him... she doesn't want to hear about the 20th...but tell her about something funny he did...
Thanks to all of youins, and please be careful....

Back