mt.vernon rules???

xfan

I always thought that you weren't suppose to pass anyone before you got by the orange cone at the start/finish line on the restart, because everyone clearly saw rodney pass before he reached the cone and he wasn't penelized. WONDER WHY?? Explain that one.......:confused:

I thought the same thing but I have all of the races from Saturday night on video & after reviewing the tape it clearly shows that Rodney didnt make the pass till after the cone. Dont mean to burst your bubble but the tape dont lie!!:D

well i thought it looked like rodney passed before he got to the cone. because when they crossed the finish line, rodney was in second place beind 00.
maybe the reason they quit using the orange cone the rest of the night is because after what rodney did, they figured it had no purpose.
after all, isnt the purpose of the cone a single file start
which means you cant pass until after it

Yes I agree Rodney was in the act of passing but he did not complete the pass till after the start finish line.

well if he was in the act of passing before the cone, and finished the pass after the cone, then doesnt that defeat the purpose of the cone????

I agree with you xfan, I sure can't come up with a better explanation. It will be interesting if you get a response froma track official and if you do what there excuse will be.

Look guys, I am not one of the Melvin fanatics, I was just telling you whats on the tape. I do have copies for sell if anyone is interested.

As far as the response from track officials, I wouldnt hold my breath!

where was you sitting at sean2? from where i was sitting just past the flag stand melvin was ahead of the other guy at the flagstand. he was totally ahead of him but his nose did cross the line before the other car's did.

Redneckracer,
I was on top an enclosed trailer on the backstretch, I must say I had a pretty good view of the races. Would you like to buy a video ? They are only $10.00 . It has all of Saturday nights races on it. I would be more than happy to bring it up to you in the stands.

nah ill pass on the tape. i guess my eyes were playing tricks on me and so was everybody elses in that section. do you tape every week if so i might try go get one on some of the weeks im going to miss because of other commitments?

Your eyes are just fine redneckracer. My hubby and I seen the same, but thats just Standard Operating Procedure for Mt. Melvin.
He started his pass before the cone, whether he completed that pass before he was by the cone or not, anyone else would have been penalized a lap. I'm sure we'll now have ten million replies calling us all kinds of names now for 'bashing' the great and powerful rodney but so be it. After going to Mt Vernon everytime the gates are open for the past 5 years, I think I should know by now what I'm talkin' about. This many people seeing the same thing over and over can't be all wrong.

So go ahead Melvin fans and say what you will.

Mmmmm Good!!!

Can you say eating crow? I can, Because thats what im doing right now! :D After reviewing the tape again & doing a frame by frame it sure looks like Melvin's nose was in front of Perkins at the line!!Just thought I would be the first to admit I was wrong!!:D

i dont even know why we are complaining because this is going to continue to happen until rodneys family doesn't own the track

Its bs that he got away with it, but hey at least there was a lil progress made. Who would have thought they would have stuck the laped car there in the first place. That shocked me.

Back