Multi's are out! Say it isn't so!

DaddyZ

I must have the absolute worst timing...

I bought a multi last year, got it ready over the summer, and made a few starts with my son driving at SFCR last year. We were really looking forward to running for rookie of the year next year. Best laid plans, I suppose.

I can't completely blame SFCR for not continuing with the multi's. The car counts were never there, and the fans were not embracing. I've never heard so many negative comments about a car class. I'm honestly not sure what turns people off to microsprints. I just hope that SFCR considers leaving the Powri show in place, so we can come back at least once a year...

Either way, I'd love to hear what the other multi drivers are planning for next year, whether it be Doe Run (assuming they are open) or Powri.

It's just a sad day all around that the multi class has to go away.

I must have the absolute worst timing...

I bought a multi last year, got it ready over the summer, and made a few starts with my son driving at SFCR last year. We were really looking forward to running for rookie of the year next year. Best laid plans, I suppose.

I can't completely blame SFCR for not continuing with the multi's. The car counts were never there, and the fans were not embracing. I've never heard so many negative comments about a car class. I'm honestly not sure what turns people off to microsprints. I just hope that SFCR considers leaving the Powri show in place, so we can come back at least once a year...

Either way, I'd love to hear what the other multi drivers are planning for next year, whether it be Doe Run (assuming they are open) or Powri.

It's just a sad day all around that the multi class has to go away.

First of all, YES Doe Run will be open, and WILL be racing Multi's.(Check out the Doe Run Forum).

Second, I don't think it's a matter of the fans not liking the micro's, but the truth is, from a spectator's point of view, is bigger tracks tend to take the intensity and excitement out of the micro's. Yes, they are hauling @$$, (on a stopwatch they are turning nearly the same lap times as the sprints believe it or not - try it), and if they stay bunched up they put on some great battles. The car count also plays a big factor in that. If you put 22 micro's on SFCR, then yea it's a good show. But when you have 7-10 cars out there on a big track, it doesn't take long for them to spread out and then it's kinda like watching grass grow... Small car on a big track gives the illusion that they are slow (which they are NOT).

Watch a micro show on a small track, now thats a great show IF THEY HAVE SOMEWHAT OF A CARCOUNT. A field of micro's on Doe Run Raceway, or any other short track, now that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

I too understand SFCR's decision to drop them on a weekly basis, but I do hope that they bring the PowrI shows in once or twice a year. I think the micro drivers deserve that... JMO.

PowrI is a great series to run!! They would be glad to have you!! I bet you will enjoy the heck out of your self. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 years with PowrI, and havent seen a better promoted program.. Its as close to family as I have seen..

It's a shame that the multis are out and b- mods are in. Hope they reconsider once in awhile to run them! We will just have to see what there car count is if montgomery county opens back up!!!

It's a shame that the multis are out and b- mods are in. Hope they reconsider once in awhile to run them! We will just have to see what there car count is if montgomery county opens back up!!!

Dave - Yes it does stink for the multi drivers. Truth is the b-mods were ran just a few times in '09 and each night brought a better car count than the multis have had all year.

As far as Montgomery County goes, that's not going to hurt SFCR's car count like you think it is. Yes, a few cars from up north will probably go back IF they re-open (which there is no talk of them re-opening next year). There are a handfull of cars that I know of that will be changing from A-mods to B-mods, and others who are putting cars together as we speak. There will be a good car count in the B-Mods. MCS is not going to affect the car count.

PowrI is the only time the multis seem to bring a car count. Why? I don't know. There are alot of multis around here... they just don't bring them out. That's what hurt the multis.

Back