My experience with a company called Dyno-Flo race engines

bdavis

bdavis
As most everyone knows my engine builder and good friend Jerry Sifford Passed away several weeks ago. I thought I would try to build my own engine and without Jerry I needed a parts source. The most economical place I found is called Dyno-Flo Race Engines. I dealt with a person named Shawn and found the experience to be a HUGE MISTAKE. I ordered a rotating assembly balanced. I received everything and noticed a Crack in the crank. I called in and they said to send it to them and they would make it right. Upon further inspection I realized all the pistons had writing on them with a Sharpie of a weight of 452. I found that odd with no drill marks on them so I weighed them. They were all different by up to 6 grams.... I looked at the rods and they did not have any work done on them either.... So I called back and they said they did not have time to teach me how to Balance an engine...I asked to speak to a supervisor and this kid actually sat the phone down waited a second and picked it back up and said he is the supervisor today. I was furious and more than likely would have gone to Jail if this had happened in person. I WOULD RECONMEND TO EVERYONE TO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY CLEARLY DO NOT TREAT RACERS WELL AND DO NOT SELL QUALITY PARTS. YES THEY DID GET ME FOR A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOLLERS BUT BY DOING SO THEY LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLERS IN THE FUTURE FROM ME AND I HOPE EVERYONE THAT READS THIS.

I hope everyone has a great season. I will miss everyone. Kansas is big, flat and very windy...

Beau Davis

i have dealt with dyno-flo and feel the same way you do,they are not that great at all.i have heard good things from other poeple,but my personal dealings were not good and i would never spend another dime their.

now i will have to say you should have given craig martin engine and machine a call.I build my own engines,and like many others i dont have the means to do the machine work so i always source that out.this year i built the biggest, best motor i have ever had.i have used a small shop in hallsville for years but after some bad dealings and waiting months i decided to use craig martin this year after CRAIG RODEN recomended him..i bought the hole rotating assembly from craig,he balanced it,and he did all my block work.after seeing the work and being 100% satisfied i decided to buy my heads from him and have him do all the machining to them as well.now that everything is done and i got my bill i was even more satisfied.craig does amazing work and the price is aabout the best you will find barnone!

If you are looking at mail order places, I have always had luck with Speedway Motors (www.speedwaymotors.com). They usually have some of the better pricing I have found and have always been really helpful.

Good luck out in Kansas this season.

John

competitionproducts.com

my first experience with them was horrible.i ordered a set of heads online through their website.they were new dart platinum series heads,assembled and ready to go or so thats what they said..i called the next day to make sure they got my order and that everything was ok..i told them i ordered roller ready heads and that my cam was around 620-630 lift..the guy on the phone told me that the springs would not work and that i needed a different spring.i told them how could that spring not work if they are advertising it as a roller spring with 470lbs of open seat pressure,i then told them i build motors and know what i need and that 470lbs of open seat pressure is plenty for the lift cam i had.i then told them to cancel my order and got them thru craig martin!

never ordered assembled pieces. Just order my parts and put it together myself. Like you said I know what I want and order it. Haven't been able to beat their prices anywhere on almost everything. If Craigs prices on parts is better I'll get them from him.

i can almost bet he is cheaper,i know he was on the heads..it was also cheaper for me to get my rotating assembly through him and have him balance it.

as far as mail order the best i have found is speedway motors,i have never had any problems with them.i dont order internal engine parts from them though as i dont like the brands they carry..i got CALLIES from craig at a great price!

Bummer Beau
We bought a full shortblock from them and ran it a season in our limited latemodel and then took it to my Builder that does both my All Alum. motors Mike Mullvain to be freshened up last year and he said it was done very well. Better than he expected. The only reason we used Dyno Flow was we couldnt buy the LittleM block and all the rotating assembly for what they sell them assembled for. I'm suprised Shawn didnt do you good, I had a good time talking to him the times I dealt with him.

Are you still in Kansas all the time? or do you get back in the STL area occasionally?

Back